Alan Pardew

Dave

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/388524/Manchester-City-4-Newcastle-0-Euro-lottery-turning-sour-for-Alan-Pardew

“We’ve approached every Europa League game to try to win it,” said Pardew. “You can fault us for that, but we think it’s the right approach and we will carry that forward into Thursday.

“But we have lost bodies in this campaign. It has cost us points and, without a shadow of a doubt, we would not be in this position if we were not in the Europa League.

“There are simply too many games in the competition for a Premier League team. I’m never going to change my opinion on that, even if we win the thing. It needs to be looked at. We’ve lost too many players through injury.

“Unless we win it, we won’t be in it next season and we won’t have that pressure, so we can compete for the top 10, top eight, top five.” Pardew is sure that Newcastle will survive, even though the Tyne-Wear derby on April 14 has taken on an extra edge with Sunderland reacting to their owntailspin by sacking Martin O’Neill.

“After the Stoke game I said that was an important win for us and put us in a position where I felt 40 points was achievable – and I have not changed my opinion,” said Pardew.

“But I’m sure people will stir it up and suck us into it.”

Only his bosses to blame for that tbh. Teams we were battling with until the end (Arsenal and Spurs) are in similar positions to where they were last season. It's obvious where it went wrong and the Europa shouldn't have been the problem.

Guest neesy111

We're never set up to win in any away game, regardless of which competition it's in.

2 away wins in all competitions.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/388524/Manchester-City-4-Newcastle-0-Euro-lottery-turning-sour-for-Alan-Pardew

“We’ve approached every Europa League game to try to win it,” said Pardew. “You can fault us for that, but we think it’s the right approach and we will carry that forward into Thursday.

“But we have lost bodies in this campaign. It has cost us points and, without a shadow of a doubt, we would not be in this position if we were not in the Europa League.

“There are simply too many games in the competition for a Premier League team. I’m never going to change my opinion on that, even if we win the thing. It needs to be looked at. We’ve lost too many players through injury.

“Unless we win it, we won’t be in it next season and we won’t have that pressure, so we can compete for the top 10, top eight, top five.” Pardew is sure that Newcastle will survive, even though the Tyne-Wear derby on April 14 has taken on an extra edge with Sunderland reacting to their owntailspin by sacking Martin O’Neill.

“After the Stoke game I said that was an important win for us and put us in a position where I felt 40 points was achievable – and I have not changed my opinion,” said Pardew.

“But I’m sure people will stir it up and suck us into it.”

Oh fuck off man. (Not you Dave)

Guest bimpy474

How do lower league teams manage to play 46+ games a year? Birmingham played 62 games a few years back.

They have far better managers who aren't as defensive as feck. And look at their own teams qualities before worrying about the oppo's.

Guest Haris Vuckic

What Alan seems to be forgetting is that we only played 2 domestic cup matches.

Spot the odd one out:

http://i.imgur.com/tKZsirb.png

Does that mean the horrendous injury record we have & have had throughout the season didn't happen?

Pretty irrelevant but the squad - until January - wasn't fit for purpose. It's easy to make a bad decision when all you've got on the bench is Shane Ferguson and Nile Ranger.

Guest neesy111

Spot the odd one out:

Does that mean the horrendous injury record we have & have had throughout the season didn't happen?

Pretty irrelevant but the squad - until January - wasn't fit for purpose. It's easy to make a bad decision when all you've got on the bench is Shane Ferguson and Nile Ranger.

Eh?

He still had a good starting 11 most games in the league which should had been doing much better.

Spot the odd one out:

He said the squad was good enough to challenge for CL places.

Guest neesy111

Like I said before if he can't handle playing in european competition he shouldn't be the manager of a european side. Seems pretty obvious.

Spot On.  If he's incapable of playing on a weekend and then midweek for most of the season then he isn't cut out for the PL.

Spot the odd one out:

No, it means that him claiming we've had too many games is utter bollocks.

The squad depth was shite, there's no doubting it. I was one of the board's biggest critics after the summer we had. Still doesn't change the facts about the number of games, which aren't extraordinary at all.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Nah. I think too many people like to engage in pantomime football. No point in even debating things on here about Pardew - peoples minds are made up. Different at the match like...

Guest Haris Vuckic

Spot the odd one out:

No, it means that him claiming we've had too many games is utter bollocks.

The squad depth was s****, there's no doubting it. I was one of the board's biggest critics after the summer we had. Still doesn't change the facts about the number of games, which aren't extraordinary at all.

So the point he's making is correct - injuries have hampered us very badly - we're still second in the injury table- but it's a misdirected criticism of the Europa league.

Pardew out.  :lol: