Alan Pardew

Dave

"we don't want to get beat by our rivals."

Again, an interesting choice of words that shows him up for the coward he is.

He doesn't want to win. He wants to avoid defeat. That's a massive difference.

I just flicked the Stoke - Man U match on to see how Man U are set up.

When they're starting an attack, the defence push up to nearly half-way. I mean right on it, past the start of the centre-circle. They have 3 forwards in or on the edge of the area, with one man out wide on each side. If the ball DOES go wide, the fullback overlaps on that side.

Contrast that to us. The defence stay camped deep in our half. Cabaye and Tiote are in the centre circle (if we're lucky) with Gouffran and Sissoko wide and Cisse alone in the box. It's dire.

Oh, and Man U are playing away, have all but won the league anyway and are already a goal up.

Today we were at home against our biggest rivals.

Fucking cowardly disgrace.

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew tells BBC Sport: "It's a tough one to take. I thought Sunderland looked fresh and sharp and almost from the outset we looked a little bit tired from our efforts this week.

"We were better in the second half but the crucial moment in the game was when our goal was ruled out for offside. We lost Tim Krul and they smash one in the corner. This won't leave me because it's our home and we don't want to get beat by our rivals. I will make sure it hurts the players."

No Pardew we only played 20 mins of football on Thursday. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I just flicked the Stoke - Man U match on to see how Man U are set up.

When they're starting an attack, the defence push up to nearly half-way. I mean right on it, past the start of the centre-circle. They have 3 forwards in or on the edge of the area, with one man out wide on each side. If the ball DOES go wide, the fullback overlaps on that side.

Contrast that to us. The defence stay camped deep in our half. Cabaye and Tiote are in the centre circle (if we're lucky) with Gouffran and Sissoko wide and Cisse alone in the box. It's dire.

We look like Stoke.

‘Paolo Di Canio has had three good training days full pelt with his team, I will have literally none. None,’ said Pardew. ‘My players will warm up, go back into the changing room and everything else will be on the board. We’ve got to get our message right on that board.’

http://i47.tinypic.com/mrvjvt.jpg

Keep it tight for 70 minutes and then find a way!

:pardsgrin:

I might have got the formation wrong, but I couldn't have been far off the cunt's team talk!

He's fucking clueless man!

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew tells BBC Sport: "It's a tough one to take. I thought Sunderland looked fresh and sharp and almost from the outset we looked a little bit tired from our efforts this week.

"We were better in the second half but the crucial moment in the game was when our goal was ruled out for offside. We lost Tim Krul and they smash one in the corner. This won't leave me because it's our home and we don't want to get beat by our rivals. I will make sure it hurts the players."

so much :anguish: it's unreal.

Eh! hes fucking unreal!

Hate to be the one to post this, but people really need to focus their anger (or otherwise) on the manager, players, club, opposition etc. It's pretty sad to see us squabbling between ourselves. The name calling and snide comments do nobody any favours.

Guest palnese

Why couldn't he just say we were crap. He just doesn't accept blame at all, never his fault is it.

He'd be perfect for Liverpool.

Guest bimpy474

Why couldn't he just say we were crap. He just doesn't accept blame at all, never his fault is it.

Aye, said with a whiff of outrage. :lol:

:tickedoff: Does he not get that we'd not have to spend all these days preparing if we had an actual game plan ourselves that made the opposition worry about us?

Well exactly. If we have a gameplan, a way to attack, then we can use that for every match.

"Same as always lads, get at them, bodies in the box, look for the overlap and get the defence up to the half-way line."

Worked for Fergie for 30 fucking years.

5 games left this season, key attacking players returning. No fixtures we should be fearing, no Europa league, no excuses. The final 5 games this season will be crucial to Pardews future iyam. If we come out fighting and put in good attacking performances and get results, we could end up 10th. If we do a half arsed job of it and limp over the line, then Ashley will seriously have to consider Pardews position urgently.

Guest bimpy474

Doesn't play the 'Liverpool Way' mate.

Mole.....use your loaf son :lol:

Im not accepting the players were tired, not at all.  Cant accept that.  tired from the first minute?

f*** off.

To be fair they're probably more tired from spending that first half against benfica giving up possession and chasing shadows than we would of been if we'd of gone for it. He can only blame himself for this mess, not that he will.

Im not accepting the players were tired, not at all.  Cant accept that.  tired from the first minute?

f*** off.

When I was younger I'd play football 2 or 3 times a week and I wasn't an athlete by any stretch of the imagination. When I was a kid I'd play from morning to night, 7 days a week. It's bullshit.

Not sure why I expected anything other than a barrage of abuse for suggesting giving Pardew another year after that performance.

Fwiw, I also want the best for NUFC unsurprisingly. Actually quite apathetic towards the decision of whether he stays or not. The alternative options aren't particularly appetising at all. Hopefully a couple of decent additions and a luckier season on the injury front will result in a campaign more similar to last year's.

So aye, for reasons unknown to even myself, I'd give him another year. Soz.