Alan Pardew

Dave

I can't be arsed to dig up old quotes from West Ham fans when we took him onboard as manger, or trawling wiki right now for managerial statistics, but he's basically reverting to type the same way he did at West Ham. He goes into a team, does well initially and then completely falls away. The same kind of s*** happened at Charlton too iirc.

Pardew has, and always will, spout the same s**** that 'the fans want to hear'. The same way he did when he first joined us, the same excuses we hear in pre season, the same old after we get a heavy defeat or a fantastic win - it's really becoming see through now. it seems to be anybody and anything else which is the problem and rarely pins it on himself if s*** goes bad. How can he previously blame european fixtures when we were just a quarter of a way into the season and fielding an almost different team for the european games?

I just can't understand why you would change something that was previously working very well last season and end up with the turgid, lathargic and unmotivated displays we see this season.

Whilst I can see that sounds wholly ungrateful for what we achieved last season, to which he was and contributed a large a part to, last season was last season and if everything seems to have gone backwards since then then he's also to blame

Well it's been commented on before that Stewart Robson (the ex Arsenal player and current pundit) said on Espn when Pardew took the job that he was a phoney who would consistently claim that he was playing passing football but always actually play the long ball.

I've heard Robson since speak about Pardew and while he clearly has a chip on his shoulder about him, I don't think anyone could argue that he wasn't absolutely on the nail with that particular prediction.

what's perhaps bothering me most about pardew at the moment is the absolute lack of a gameplan, i think if we were playing a direct game that had some sort of purpose and direction about it i could maybe live with it but it's all so fucking random and aimless

say what you want about allardyce but his teams usually know what they're going out to do, it's patently obvious from watching us that the players have no idea what they're supposed to be doing half the time

could go into more detail but what's the point, everyone is watching the same shit, however i do wonder what pardew thinks is going to happen when he keeps throwing the same players out with the same formation at home and the same thing keeps happening every week, does he think it's going to change on it's own or something?

we lose the midfield battle every week, cabaye is never going to thrive in a 4-4-2 as much as pardew might want it...also i've rarely seen us so static as a team, no-one gets beyond the ball ever therefore it's always up to the individual to do something to turn a game...it's the easiest thing in the world to defend against a rigid/static team, as we're seeing

I can't be arsed to dig up old quotes from West Ham fans when we took him onboard as manger, or trawling wiki right now for managerial statistics, but he's basically reverting to type the same way he did at West Ham. He goes into a team, does well initially and then completely falls away. The same kind of s*** happened at Charlton too iirc.

Pardew has, and always will, spout the same s**** that 'the fans want to hear'. The same way he did when he first joined us, the same excuses we hear in pre season, the same old after we get a heavy defeat or a fantastic win - it's really becoming see through now. it seems to be anybody and anything else which is the problem and rarely pins it on himself if s*** goes bad. How can he previously blame european fixtures when we were just a quarter of a way into the season and fielding an almost different team for the european games?

I just can't understand why you would change something that was previously working very well last season and end up with the turgid, lathargic and unmotivated displays we see this season.

Whilst I can see that sounds wholly ungrateful for what we achieved last season, to which he was and contributed a large a part to, last season was last season and if everything seems to have gone backwards since then then he's also to blame

Well it's been commented on before that Stewart Robson (the ex Arsenal player and current pundit) said on Espn when Pardew took the job that he was a phoney who would consistently claim that he was playing passing football but always actually play the long ball.

I've heard Robson since speak about Pardew and while he clearly has a chip on his shoulder about him, I don't think anyone could argue that he wasn't absolutely on the nail with that particular prediction.

:thup:

I think most of our fans have finally worked him out, it's up to him to change things now and by doing so try and change the direction of our season. 

Just watch, he'll be written off and win a cup or something.

I think most of our fans have finally worked him out, it's up to him to change things now and by doing so try and change the direction of our season. 

:lol:

thing is on the other bit of this post he's got the players he needs to change the style of play with no bother, i just don't think he's capable

thing is on the other bit of this post he's got the players he needs to change the style of play with no bother, i just don't think he's capable

I mainly agree, my only hope is that he'll begin to feel some pressure and that will force change, a bit like last season when the fans were singing for Ben Arfa to come on.

Re: your point on winning the midfield battle Mojo, it's worth noting that one of the only times Tiote and Cabaye have played together as a pair and dominated was against Man United in the 3-0... And they played 4-4-2.

I know it's become a cliche that the formation is the cause of all our problems but I'd like to hear from the people who think that it makes little difference and that the players are to blame, why they think that almost every team at the top level in Europe has abandoned 4-4-2 if the formation's so inconsequential.

Re: your point on winning the midfield battle Mojo, it's worth noting that one of the only times Tiote and Cabaye have played together as a pair and dominated was against Man United in the 3-0... And they played 4-4-2.

I know it's become a cliche that the formation is the cause of all our problems but I'd like to hear from the people who think that it makes little difference and that the players are to blame, why they think that almost every team at the top level in Europe has abandoned 4-4-2 if the formation's so inconsequential.

good point, i work with a lad who won't have the formation thing and just puts it down to the players "not doing it"...even if that was the case then as manager isn't it up to AP to affect some kind of change on proceedings?  if he's coaching carpet football monday to friday then cabaye & co are going out and playing aimless floatball to ba 'cause they think it's mint he should drop the cunts with immediate effect and play someone who'll play his game

that scenario is frankly ridiculous though, when you consider the quality of player

funny thing though, trying to think of players who don't resort to floatball and can only come up with HBA, santon and jonas...strangley enough they're the ones in the team who have technical ability and the speed/skill to beat a man, shock!

mustn't forget they had injuries which ment giggs and carrick in the center, hardly the most combative pair man utd could have put out when they had to contend with cabaye and tiote.

formations are inconsequential if your manager keeps telling the players to hold their shape and blast it long all day, and the players are getting bored of same pragmatic approach to every game.

The pressure is building now, we cannot keep rolling out the same excuses each week, "started slowly" etc.  We are 11 games into the season, almost a third and to quote Pardew, you know where you are after 10 games.

Well, the observation after 11 games is not great.  A few months off over the summer (ok the signs where there at the end of last season) and we seem to have lost the flair and expansive approach that seems to serve us so well last year.  It appears we have adopted a negative, safety first approach which IMO is seriously hurting all our flair players. They are now low on confidence as a result of it.

You can talk formations all day long, I don’t really think this is the issue. We are getting the basics wrong in a big way.  Passing is poor, control is poor and movement is even worse from mid field to attack - there are no options and people just run into brick walls and give the ball back.

We are certainly not relegation candidates but we are certainly not going to be anywhere near 5th come the end of the season if we carry on like this. 

Personally I would like us to loose this conservative bollocks and actually go for it.  OK we might loose the odd game by a margin (like last season) but more often that not we will win.  We have the players to cause the damage, they are just not being allowed to play right now.  Grow some bollocks AP, it is not Thursday/Sunday, Injuries it is fundamental basics that need sorting out, not the same old bollocks each week.

The only fearless managers I've ever seen at the helm of our club are Messrs Keegan and Sir Bobby. You felt a tingle in your balls each matchday and even when you lost 0-1 at home, it felt just like a bad day at the office, and you knew it wasn't a signal of a larger malaise at the club.

With every other manager, these types of 0-1 home defeats generally signal the beginning of the end for the manager (a la 0-1 Derby, for Fat Sam).

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think the conversations been had with Demba about starting in the left again judging by his comments in the week

How do you take one of the leagues top scorers and play him out wide is the conundrum!

He needs to get it right

To be thoroughly honest, I think this result ... SHOULD... serve as a kick up the arse. We were pretty fucking good at Anfield and played well, and scored. Something is just missing in front of our own fans, maybe the pressure to entertain, attack, so Pardew somehow retracts like a convulsing vagina and goes uber-defensive to compensate for the pressure to perform. Who knows. But it seems like he needs to let our boys roam, like wild buffalo.

From August:

We've tried to play with two strikers again' date=' and we're going to try and do that as much as we can. [b']And if it opens the game up a bit, we accept that; we might get beat here and there, but we'll have a bit of entertainment on the way.[/b]

He ain't going anywhere mind, unless he decided to quit he will not be sacked. Nor should he tbf, eleven games doesn't outweigh the good he achieved last year. Come the summer, if we've had a hugely disappointing season then by all means, re-evaluate but wanting him out now is a bit mad.

He ain't going anywhere mind, unless he decided to quit he will not be sacked. Nor should he tbf, eleven games doesn't outweigh the good he achieved last year. Come the summer, if we've had a hugely disappointing season then by all means, re-evaluate but wanting him out now is a bit mad.

Not really. By summer, our star players will be disaffected. If you know he isn't the right man now, why wait? All a moot point though as you say. He's staying.

When I heard the line up for West Brom at home I posted saying I felt like I was right back where I started with Pardew, and I lose a little bit of confidence in him every week at the minute (especially at home, I was actually pleased with the Anfield result but I didn't see the game).

I know it's easy for us as fans to talk about how we would approach games without the pressure of actually having to deal with the results. Injuries and suspensions shouldn't be a reason (and aren't a valid excuse) to negate your teams best qualities, especially when it's clear to see we negate our attacking qualities every single week in the hope of nicking a result anyway. We only had two of the first 11 missing yesterday anyway, but surely if you're missing a couple at home to a promoted team (players that contribute to solidity) you emphasise your attacking game so you don't miss them as much? Does this seem like bollocks to anyone? It seems logical to me.

The problem though goes back to all of the stuff I was talking about in the mid part of last season, the players are coached 80% of the time on defensive shape and solidity, so when the pressure's on there's absolutely nothing going forward as a team. It's laughable how hopeless we are as an attacking unit, the default setting (when we're up against it and the team need to go back to basics) should always be to pass and move, create triangles, give the player on the ball options, keep the ball on the deck and keep possession. If we're 1-0 up and under pressure yes bring Shola on and kick it to him, our manager has failed so comprehensively to get Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa into an attacking system that kicking it at Shola has become his attempt at winning games for fucks sake.

Yesterday was a perfect example, I thought Ba and Ben Arfa had great games, both gave the West Ham defence a torrid time but they had absolutely no support from the team.

Guest firetotheworks

Last season people moaned about Simpson, because in a talented, attacking team, he is the Achilles heel. Id kill for Simpson to be the problem again.

Tactically, we are nothing short of clueless. We have players that play in the modern style and Pardew has them playing a game that was and always will be shit. If he wants to play that way, Andy Carroll will be perfect, but I think we all know that style will be painful to watch and we wont progress at all. Im starting to have major doubts about his footballing intelligence.