Alan Pardew

Dave

Getting rid of Pardew would rightly make us the laughing stock of football.

It's not really about being a laughing stock tbh, it's more about the fact that the only real reason to sack him ( if there is any at all) is the style of play and quite frankly we gave him a 8 year contract for a reason.

Give the man time to implement a successful style for this team, not to mention if we won a few on the bounce ( seems a long shot at the moment i know) everyone would love him again.

Patience is definitely a virtue we are only in November and it's not like the top 6 have broken away from us.

Fully behind Pards tbh, the way we play at the moment pisses me off but not to the extent i want him sacked.

We need to note what Moyes achieved at Everton, he had a few years where they bounced up and down the league before establishing themselves a regular top seven club.

This is a very tepid start to the season but let's not get things out of hand.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We need to note what Moyes achieved at Everton, he had a few years where they bounced up and down the league before establishing themselves a regular top seven club.

Pardew has done nothing atm to suggest he is in Moyess class

Pardew 2012 > Moyes 2003/4

It's been mentioned by at least a couple on here today, and there's another 3 or 4 who you know fine well would be in favour.

If you put me in amongst that 3 or 4 you would be wrong.

If he takes us to where the mackems are currently sitting then I'll change my mind.  If he persists with the shit he's currently serving up for another month or so and results are being repeated then once again, I'll change my mind.  If he appears to lose the dressing room then he can go.  If we have our better players leaving because they aren't prepared to play his style of football, he can go.  If he changes things and results and performances pick up again like they did last season and we’re here again in 12 months going through the same crap then I will want him to go.

His 8 year contract will not keep him here as he'll get no more than Keegan got when he walked, I can’t see any way that he'll leave here any time soon and get paid for the remainder of his contract.  If we're failing he'll get the bullet because Llambias and Ashley will not stand by and watch us go down, not that I think we will, before anybody claims otherwise.

At the minute I live in hope that he'll finally see that he's wrong and changes the way we’re playing.

Moyes' first season at Everton he took over part-way through and kept them from relegation.

Moyes' second season at Everton they finished 7th.

Moyes' third season at Everton they finished 17th, narrowly avoiding relegation.

So very different from Pardew's reign at NUFC?

Moyes also never had the players that Pardew had at his disposal in those early days.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Moyes' first season at Everton he took over part-way through and kept them from relegation.

Moyes' third season at Everton they finished 17th, narrowly avoiding relegation.

Moyes didn't have a track record of previous premiership failings, particularly the season after a successful one

Pardew and Moyes have been in management for the same length of time so why compare them 8 years apart?

I don't want Pardew sacked, but on the other hand I have less and less faith in his ability as a coach with every game. He's a good leader in many ways, but I don't think he'll get us playing the type of football to take us to the next level. I think we'll drift along this season before people start to get fed up to the point where they decide it's not worth the bother.

Pardew and Moyes have been in management for the same length of time so why compare them 8 years apart?

So you would like to compare someone who has been in his job for 10 years, to Pardew, who has been in his for 2? It is a much better comparison to look at Moyes' first 2-3 years in charge.

This is obvious as fuck, and it's a fucking pain in the arse to have to make posts like this. Football chat is fucking dire, am ganning back to wandering around rural Russia.

Because Moyes has had 10 years, Pardew 2.

Persevering with a system the fans aren't keen on for too long after its been shown not to work is pretty much par for the course at times over most managers careers, isn't it?  Are we seriously wanting rid due to that?

At least wait for Liverpool to come in with a massive compensation package after they sack Rogers man.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't want Pardew sacked, but on the other hand I have less and less faith in his ability as a coach with every game. He's a good leader in many ways, but I don't think he'll get us playing the type of football to take us to the next level. I think we'll drift along this season before people start to get fed up to the point where they decide it's not worth the bother.

His qualities

Man management

Confidence

Articulation

Sense of humour

Faith in youngsters

Motivator

Negatives

Poor tactically

Failure to drop consistently under achieving players eg Jonas

Insistence that we should kiss MAs arse

Moyes didn't have a track record of previous premiership failings, particularly the season after a successful one

He does have a track record of not being as good a manager last season as Pardew though eh.

So you would like to compare someone who has been in his job for 10 years, to Pardew, who has been in his for 2? It is a much better comparison to look at Moyes' first 2-3 years in charge.

This is obvious as f***, and it's a f***ing pain in the arse to have to make posts like this. Football chat is f***ing dire, am ganning back to wandering around rural Russia.

Moyes has been at Everton longer, Pardew should be more experienced because he's been around a few more clubs to experience different situations which Moyes hasn't.  Both comparisons are shit.