Alan Pardew

Dave

:lol: Bias aside, playoffs probably saved that sport.

As a Yankee fan, I'd love an EPL system. We'd win every fucking year! :sweetjesus:

To me, the best team isn't the team that was best over the course of the season, it's the team that got it done in the biggest moment. I think this might be the sticking point.

This year, the two teams with the best records (NL and AL) got fucked up in the playoffs, and it's a beautiful thing. They didn't deserve to play for the title, because they couldn't win when it mattered.

This thread went American quickly.

:lol: I just think a system that could lead to a team's season being over in preseason is broken. Most teams are a few injuries away from not giving a shit about the league.

No wonder other clubs label us as fickle.

Would love to have seen some of you fannies deal with some of the genuine shit some of us had to suffer in the 70's and 80's.

Managers are defined at times like these, but so are supporters. So time to grow a pair you gutless, shit haired FIFA 13 conts.

Anybody fancy a game online later?

Would love to have seen some of you fannies deal with some of the genuine s*** some of us had to suffer in the 70's and 80's.

Managers are defined at times like these, but so are supporters. So time to grow a pair you gutless, s*** haired FIFA 13 conts.

:coolsmiley:

Things going wrong? SACK ALL THE MANAGERS!

At least give him long enough to sort things out first ffs. That's why we went through so much s*** over the last few years. Lets give a manager some time for a change? eh?

Where would you draw the line and stop giving him time?

He's certainly done enough to be given this season at least before talk of giving him the boot can be realistically entertained.

So would you not see any position or situation as a game changer for you?

Would love to have seen some of you fannies deal with some of the genuine s*** some of us had to suffer in the 70's and 80's.

Managers are defined at times like these, but so are supporters. So time to grow a pair you gutless, s*** haired FIFA 13 conts.

has 'legitimised' so many peoples views on football.

Only if we were in serious danger of relegation.

Fair enough, you have more patience than I have, or at least more than I think I have.  Anyway, the best thing that can happen is that we start winning some games and playing some decent football.

There's no doubt about it, he needs a win and a performance ASAP.

Not a Norwich or WBA where we either are begging for the whistle or dealt outrageous good fortune but a deserved win with a few good chances carved out and ideally more than a one goal winning margin.

Failure to win on Saturday and it won't be pretty either on here or at SJP.

Someone else mentioned it yesterday but every season we get very winnable home fixtures at this time of year often on consecutive weeks and always seem to mess them up. Baffling.

I think there was only the WBA game at home last year that we lost and can say it was an unexpected defeat (the others being the very unfortunate Chelsea game and the City game). We can allow him the West Ham game as a one-off, but if we lose in that fashion again (not just 'if we lose', note) then serious questions want asking of Pards.

If we won the league and it went to a play off system, even if we'd won by like 12 points, there is no fucking doubt we'd not even make the finals.

If you love Mike so much then why don't you marry him?

There's no doubt about it, he needs a win and a performance ASAP.

Not a Norwich or WBA where we either are begging for the whistle or dealt outrageous good fortune but a deserved win with a few good chances carved out and ideally more than a one goal winning margin.

Failure to win on Saturday and it won't be pretty either on here or at SJP.

Someone else mentioned it yesterday but every season we get very winnable home fixtures at this time of year often on consecutive weeks and always seem to mess them up. Baffling.

I'd be more than happy to see us try to play football for 90 minutes and play to our strenghts, even if it's only a 1-0 win.  I would then like to see us do it for a 2nd game in a row just to know that we were progressing.  I'm not that bothered about seeing a goal fest even though I would be love to see one.

I want to know that Pardew can learn from his mistakes instead of repeating them.  Everybody makes mistakes, most people at least try to learn from them and I'm not seeing signs of that at the minute.

For me it's nailed on that he's got to go. I'm still a bit emotional from yesterday, which was awful, but I'm convinced that he's completely revealed his true colours now- bringing Shola on yesterday and persisting/encouraging the same 'tactic' said it all for me. People probably think I'm completely overreacting but this is just my opinion! We're not a newly promoted team compromising with average, technically inferior cloggers. It's inexcusable. And as for the 'I hope Pardew learns from this'...'I hope he realises this'...'We'll see if he learns from this, that'll be the true test' etc etc. Well, we find ourselves saying that an awful lot, and, unsurprisingly, he doesn't 'learn' from these things. Mainly because they are not 'mistakes', it is a mixture of a lack of class, cowardice and general incompetence. Not naivety.

But for now, we can't sack him. No one respectable would fill the void, it's going to be the end of the season. But it will take an extreme decline for that to happen- balance the books, mid table; Ashley's rubbing his fat hands together. Not looking good.