Alan Pardew

Dave

I know that intelligence and a proper grasp of the English language are not necessarily a pre-requisite to be a successful manager, but what the f*** is Pardew on about concerning manoeuvring Obertan's toe?

"Obertan has got a toe that we needed to sort out, so there has been a manoeuvre on that which put him out today and probably for Maritimo as well. He might be back for Southampton."

Bit more worrying that he sees Obertan as a potential solution for something.

We went on an amazing run from the start of last season with Obertan playing right wing and Hatem on the bench.

I'm not for a minute suggesting that we drop Hatem but moving him inside and adding Obertan's pace and directness might not be the worst idea.

I've got a pretty short memory myself, but why do people keep coming back to the idea of Obertan? He's been under par/s**** for the most part, especially in Premier League.

For me it's because he would offer and outlet and provide some well-needed pace and movement to the side, no end product mind, but pace and movement.

I think Ben Arfa is wasted out there because he spends half the time tracking back, which means his runs always start from deep. If we moved him inside to just behind a lone striker he'd be more of an attacking threat, but in order to do that we need to stick someone else on the right - Obertan seems like the best option at the moment

I know that intelligence and a proper grasp of the English language are not necessarily a pre-requisite to be a successful manager, but what the f*** is Pardew on about concerning manoeuvring Obertan's toe?

"Obertan has got a toe that we needed to sort out, so there has been a manoeuvre on that which put him out today and probably for Maritimo as well. He might be back for Southampton."

We went on an amazing run from the start of last season with Obertan playing right wing and Hatem on the bench.

I'm not for a minute suggesting that we drop Hatem but moving him inside and adding Obertan's pace and directness might not be the worst idea.

I've got a pretty short memory myself, but why do people keep coming back to the idea of Obertan? He's been under par/s**** for the most part, especially in Premier League.

For me it's because he would offer and outlet and provide some well-needed pace and movement to the side, no end product mind, but pace and movement.

I think Ben Arfa is wasted out there because he spends half the time tracking back, which means his runs always start from deep. If we moved him inside to just behind a lone striker he'd be more of an attacking threat, but in order to do that we need to stick someone else on the right - Obertan seems like the best option at the moment

Sounds fair enough tbf, but when he's on the pitch you just want him off again. It's time and time again, and I just can't be bothered anymore.

Sounds fair enough tbf, but when he's on the pitch you just want him off again. It's time and time again, and I just can't be bothered anymore.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing Marveaux out there instead but he's looked pretty shite so far this season - at least Obertan has looked a threat at times in Europe

Sometimes i think i wouldnt mind him in for something different, and to be fair he probably deserved a crack after a couple of decent europa showings, but then when he's back on the pitch, it's the same old frustration.  Running down blind alleys, not using his pace to get past players but instead trying a few step overs and ultimately losing the ball, and probably the most frustrating for me is when he just seems to hang on to the ball instead of the easy pass and again, losing it.

Suppose it sums my whole feeling about NUFC up at the moment, pure frustration.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing Marveaux out there instead but he's looked pretty s**** so far this season - at least Obertan has looked a threat at times in Europe

Marveaux is ten times the player Obertan is. He's not been good so far for us, but I hope we'll see more from him now with all the injuries. Unfortunately he's no right winger though. Obertan has been pretty good in the Europa League, and that's where he should belong. For now.

Guest reefatoon

I wouldn't be averse to seeing Marveaux out there instead but he's looked pretty s**** so far this season - at least Obertan has looked a threat at times in Europe

Marveaux is ten times the player Obertan is. He's not been good so far for us, but I hope we'll see more from him now with all the injuries. Unfortunately he's no right winger though. Obertan has been pretty good in the Europa League, and that's where he should belong. For now.

Unfortunately, Marveaux is not ten times the player, as every time he has played he has been absolute garbage.  You HOPE he will become 10 times the player Obertan is, but at the moment, he has offered even less than Bulb head

Wtf, why does that keep coming up? He's never been a good option :lol:

Marveaux is not a good option either.

He did more positive things in the final 10 or so minutes against Swansea than Anita, Tiote or Sammy did over a full game (or nearly, in Sammy's case).

Unfortunately, Marveaux is not ten times the player, as every time he has played he has been absolute garbage.  You HOPE he will become 10 times the player Obertan is, but at the moment, he has offered even less than Bulb head

No, he is. He always has been.

Guest reefatoon

No, he is. He always has been.

Without the luxury of watching some small highlights off you tube, years ago for his former club. I have not seen anything of Marveaux first hand that shows me he can offer anything at all, injuries or not, the times he has been on the pitch for us, he has been f***ing crap.  At least Obertan can say he has a couple of goals and some assists to his s*** form.

Guest reefatoon

Again, Obertan has obtained those goals and assists due to having an extended period of time on the pitch, something Marveaux hasn't been able to do due to injury.

Marv technically assisted our goal on Saturday too.

Haha, by missing a sitter from 3 yards??  Hardly call that an assist like, he wants shot with shit for missing that.