Alan Pardew

Dave

"I’d be 100% happy to go with the squad we’ve got at the moment" from 30th August.

And to think some people on here were defending our transfer strategy right till the end  :nope:

I'm honestly not bothered about that, failing to strengthen is not the reason we have lost Swansea and West Ham, drawn to Villa, Reading and Sunderland.

Those are games we should be winning with the players we have, there's no point buying players if you don't know a style of play and system that fits the players you have.

Honestly i'd take buying no players in January if it meant Pardew got his head out of his arse and found a system and a style of play that suits the team.

He's been here nearly 2 years. If he hasn't found one by now that he's comfortable sticking with he never will.

I think if we had a few good options from the bench we'd have a few more points now. Those games were crying out for a good attacking player to come on and make a difference but we usually just get Obertan and Bigi which is akin to a white flag.

"I’d be 100% happy to go with the squad we’ve got at the moment" from 30th August.

And to think some people on here were defending our transfer strategy right till the end  :nope:

:lol:

Why does everything that happens have to be an excuse to have a go at "some people on here"? You mean, some people in the world, some people who have a different view to you. Incredible really.

"Some people" who were wrong at the time and are even more wrong now. Not naming any names, of course...

You didn't really get my question. Doesn't matter like.

You could just admit you were wrong about it...  ;)

Why does everything that happens have to be an excuse to have a go at "some people on here"? You mean, some people in the world, some people who have a different view to you. Incredible really.

"Some people" who were wrong at the time and are even more wrong now. Not naming any names, of course...

As if.

As if.

I'm only playing, dawg. My point is that most people (everywhere) realised we'd need a bigger squad than what we have now to compete in at least 2 competitions and it was just brushed under the carpet by Pardew when it didn't happen. Now it's dawned on him, when we're 12th, that a few more players would be helpful. Coincidence or stupidity?

As if.

I'm only playing, dawg. My point is that most people (everywhere) realised we'd need a bigger squad than what we have now to compete in at least 2 competitions and it was just brushed under the carpet by Pardew when it didn't happen. Now it's dawned on him, when we're 12th, that a few more players would be helpful. Coincidence or stupidity?

I don't think its either tbh.

AP has to live with our transfer policy or go elsewhere. That policy has done him some real favours in the past but last time round it came up short. So he has his own internal battles to fight with Ashley/Llambias and whingeing about his squad in public after the August transfer window wouldn't have done him or the club any good.

Whilst that is a defence of Pardew on the state of our squad and its strength in depth that doesn't excuse our recent results in the League. We look apprehensive and lacking in confidence and the defensive mistakes highlight that. Our style of play has been "direct", there are better ways to use the players we have but, even so, looking at the last two home games enough chances were created to win or draw both games. Lack of confident finishing screwed us. AP has got to get his mojo back and pretty quickly. 

As if.

AP has to live with our transfer policy or go elsewhere. That policy has done him some real favours in the past but last time round it came up short. So he has his own internal battles to fight with Ashley/Llambias and whingeing about his squad in public after the August transfer window wouldn't have done him or the club any good.

But he's winging about it now after saying it was brilliant a few months ago. He knows more than anyone how all that stuff works and it's only now a problem when we're/he's doing badly. If we were currently top 6 I doubt he'd be banging this particular drum.

As if.

But he's winging about it now after saying it was brilliant a few months ago. He knows more than anyone how all that stuff works and it's only now a problem when we're/he's doing badly. If we were currently top 6 I doubt he'd be banging this particular drum.

There's a transfer window coming up and he's making his case for investment. Leading up to and during the summer transfer window he did the same. He didn't get it then because the club couldn't sign the players it had as targets due to its refusal to break the transfer policy. He had to publicly endorse his squad after the window, what else could he do? Lets see what happens in January.....

As if.

Yeah, he should have been whining about how most of the squad are substandard going into the new campaign. That'd have been helpful.

He went about as far as you could sensibly go by saying he'd have liked one or two more at the time, and I don't think his actual opinion has changed one iota. Just that unlike the rest of us, he has to had his gob and give the media what's best for the club or the current bunch of players once in a while.

Now, like the last window, he's giving  the nudge nudge wink wink to the chairman to, seriously now, get me the fuck some players.

I don't know why anyone expects such pefection from Pardew when he's talking to the media. Every manager's interviews are a mixture of lies, evasion and propaganda. It's how things have to work for the most part. The way we dissect everything he says is a bit pointless IMO.

Way too general Ian W. Of course we can take something from what he says. Some of it may be a bit knit-picking, but some he really deserves criticism/questioning for.

I don't think anyone demands perfection btw. He's so far from it's farfetched to even talk about.

Way too general Ian W. Of course we can take something from what he says. Some of it may be a bit knit-picking, but some he really deserves criticism/questioning for.

I don't think anyone demands perfection btw. He's so far from it's farfetched to even talk about.

That's pretty general as well like.

I don't know why anyone expects such pefection from Pardew when he's talking to the media. Every manager's interviews are a mixture of lies, evasion and propaganda. It's how things have to work for the most part. The way we dissect everything he says is a bit pointless IMO.

To be fair it is a football discussion forum - take away the pointless dissections and this place would be pretty darn quiet.  :laugh:

To be fair it is a football discussion forum - take away the pointless dissections and this place would be pretty darn quiet.  :laugh:

Of course, I just think everyone acts as if a football fan can expect complete sense from their manager.

Guest malandro

This week he's insisted we played 433 against Swansea, prattled on about using magic to win two games in a row, claimed the Europa Cup is harder than the CL and moaned about the squad size after coming out with all that shit about how just hanging on to what we had was a great summer.

All the signs are he can't deal with criticism or pressure.

As if.

There's a transfer window coming up and he's making his case for investment. Leading up to and during the summer transfer window he did the same. He didn't get it then because the club couldn't sign the players it had as targets due to its refusal to break the transfer policy. He had to publicly endorse his squad after the window, what else could he do? Lets see what happens in January.....

Is this the new 'wait until the end of the window, still months/weeks/days left yet'?

Nothing else we can really do but wait and see but I hope he's knocking their door down for a CB, a RB and someone to play on the left of a front three.

As if.

Is this the new 'wait until the end of the window, still months/weeks/days left yet'?

Nothing else we can really do but wait and see but I hope he's knocking their door down for a CB, a RB and someone to play on the left of a front three.

Yes  :lol:

Tbf we have done decent business in the January window before.

I think that's just human nature to be honest. I can sympathise because I'm terrible at it myself - if anyone criticises this post for instance I'm liable to have a right strop. Or maybe sulk.  :hmm:

As if.

Yes  :lol:

Tbf we have done decent business in the January window before.

We have.  I'm hoping we might jump on some of the targets whose contracts are expiring in the summer so we can nip in before there's more teams in for them on a free.

I think that's just human nature to be honest. I can sympathise because I'm terrible at it myself - if anyone criticises this post for instance I'm liable to have a right strop. Or maybe sulk.  :hmm:

Shit post.