Alan Pardew

Dave

All the signs are he can't deal with criticism or pressure.

I think that's just human nature to be honest. I can sympathise because I'm terrible at it myself - if anyone criticises this post for instance I'm liable to have a right strop. Or maybe sulk.  :hmm:

s*** poster.

fyp

:laugh:

I think that's just human nature to be honest. I can sympathise because I'm terrible at it myself - if anyone criticises this post for instance I'm liable to have a right strop. Or maybe sulk.  :hmm:

s*** poster.

fyp

:laugh:

http://www.deviantart.com/download/130632890/Screw_you_guys_I__m_going_home_by_h4X0ry0uL34.jpg

You should do with that sentence. Comma's boy use them  :whistle:

You should do with that sentence. Comma's boy, use them  :whistle:

ahem

Guest malandro

Good job your not a PL football manager, pressure and criticism are part of the job.

Ultimately it's what he says to the players that counts, if they start thinking he's a smarmy forked tongue bullshit merchant he's fucked.

Might be worth comparing the relative strengths of our squad with Chelsea and Man City?  Chelsea's bench against WBA included Ivanovic, Cole, Ramires, Mata, Oscar and Marin.  Man City had Zabaleta, Lescott, Kolarov, Sinclair, Garcia and Dzeko.  Bit of a difference, given that we had such footballing luminaries as Tavernier, Abeid and Amalfitano on our bench against Swansea.  God knows who else didn't even make the squad for Chelsea and Man City in those matches.

You've just told half a story are you now going to compare Maratimo to Real Madrid?  Nice try though.

Might be worth comparing the relative strengths of our squad with Chelsea and Man City?  Chelsea's bench against WBA included Ivanovic, Cole, Ramires, Mata, Oscar and Marin.  Man City had Zabaleta, Lescott, Kolarov, Sinclair, Garcia and Dzeko.  Bit of a difference, given that we had such footballing luminaries as Tavernier, Abeid and Amalfitano on our bench against Swansea.  God knows who else didn't even make the squad for Chelsea and Man City in those matches.

You've just told half a story are you now going to compare Maratimo to Real Madrid?  Nice try though.

Well - if we merge our half stories, we might end up with a full story.

You should do with that sentence. Comma's boy use them  :whistle:

Or perhaps that should be: "Apostrophes boy, don't use them."

We would, it wouldn't end up with the Europa being harder than the CL.

Guest Howaythetoon

If that is the case then it's still down to the manager because it happens so often that he should do something about it.  Haven't we had quotes from Stone only this week about us hitting it long?

Anybody reading some posts on here would think a manager has no responsibilities because you can find an excuse for everything.

He’s the manager, he’s responsible for choosing incoming signings and he’s gone out of his way to tell us that he plays a part in this.  It’s tough if that’s not the case because he’s tied himself into our transfer activity through the claims that he’s made on the subject.

He’s responsible for coaching the players on a daily basis, the same players who hoof the ball as if it was a bomb ready to go off.  He decides to concentrate on defence for 4 out of 5 days so is it any wonder that we aren’t very good at playing the ball and opening up the opposition when we rarely practice it?

He’s responsible for picking the team, the same team that has looked like a middle to lower league side.  The same team that changes twice a week when we play in Europe so it’s no wonder we’re disjointed if we practice for part of the week with one team for one game then another team for another game a couple of days later.

Pardew is responsible for team morale, it’s up to him to get his players performing to the best of their ability, if he can’t then he’s not doing his job.

He chooses the tactics, it his responsibility to pick the best players available to play against the opposition using the most likely tactics to get the most from each game, it’s not working yet he still goes with the same s*** time after time.  He could have changed things around against Swansea because of Cisse not being available, it was the easy option but he didn’t make the most of it even though it had been recognised that we were being outnumbered in midfield.  Something has been said to him even though he thinks our two can outnumber 3, how does that work?  Why does it become a surprise that 3 people can walk the ball around 2?

Pardew is responsible for our substitutions and more often than not he leaves me scratching my head.  2 out of 3 changes on Saturday made no sense at all and he's lost the plot if he thinks taking one player off needs another 3 players to move to allow that 1 player to come on.

Pardew is the manager of the football club, he is responsible for managing the team and should be held to account when we are playing poorly and/or losing games.

We’ve got some very good players who are proven quality and have been used to winning, I refuse to believe that what we see now is the limit of the ability of the players that Pardew has at his disposal.

If people want to happily go along with thinking that what we have now is good enough, or as good as it can get with our current squad then that's up to them.  Personally, I think we're well below par and the reason for that is fairly easy to see.  It's coaching, tactics and players being unable to play a style of football which is both alien to them and shambolic.

I doubt for one minute that any professional footballer would want to play the way we play on a regular basis.  As a fan, I don’t want to have to see it.

The players are not blameless in all this but I don't see them as the major problem.

Fantastic post Mick.

There is no way those players are playing the way they are because that's the way they want to play or can only play, they are clearly instructed to play that way or drilled that way. As we are seeing, however, this way or ways of Pardew, is now starting to significantly effect several players' own natural games and as that element of the team stops functioning, like a domino effect so does other facets of the team to the point where we generally look like a disjointed bunch or rabble held together very thinly by Ba's goals at the moment. I dread to think what would happen if his goals dry up or we sell him in January.

And this, what we are seeing, is simply not on given the players we have at our disposal and what we achieved last season. Europe etc. or lack of spending is no real excuse, not for performances anyway. We should be kicking on even more but as things stand we are regressing and badly so and that is mostly down to the manager's philosophies and tactics which may well work for spells but will never ever work long-term, not with the players we have anyway.

Unless he changes his philosophies and methods to align with the attributes and players he has at his disposal we will struggle and badly so which will have huge implications for our better players who will to a man, think fuck this, get me out of here, sooner rather than later.

Can he change his ways? He has the rest of the season to do so. Me, I know for a fact he can't so he's a bit of a lost cause as far as I'm concerned sadly.

We've turned in to a shocking football side this season man. If it continues I'm not looking forward to the fans turning against him. We're always one Ashley managerial decision away from going tits up again.

I don't blame him. Cause when I did, I got shit. So now deal with it kids. :lol:

Cut the guy some slack, we surely have no fucking idea of what we are doing, but all the setbacks with injuries and suspensions haven't really helped us. Europe League has also disturbed the peace a bit.