Alan Pardew

Dave

I simply don't buy this argument now oh we were in the championship 3 years ago now so we should be grateful for just being in the premier league with s**** performances all season.

Not the point I'm trying to make. Our rise from that position has been pretty meteoric and we need a little perspective when we go on a poor run of form rather than throwing the toys out of the pram. All of this is has been brought about because we've lost two games on the spin and drew against a European side little of us know about but think we still should be beating anyway. In the context of what we've sat through in previous years this shouldn't really register.

I understand and agree with concerns over performances and tactics but all this chatter of sacking the manager is simply bizarre and reminds me that there is a section of our fanbase who do their utmost to justify the media's obsession with deluded Geordies.

Gotta agree with this. I'm very concerned at the moment but Pardew earned my trust last season, just got to hope he's competent enough to deal with this pressure and sort the team out.

I think those yearning for a manager change need to be cautious in what they wish for. If Pardew goes who realistically will want to work for Ashley?

I simply don't buy this argument now oh we were in the championship 3 years ago now so we should be grateful for just being in the premier league with s**** performances all season.

Not the point I'm trying to make. Our rise from that position has been pretty meteoric and we need a little perspective when we go on a poor run of form rather than throwing the toys out of the pram. All of this is has been brought about because we've lost two games on the spin and drew against a European side little of us know about but think we still should be beating anyway. In the context of what we've sat through in previous years this shouldn't really register.

I understand and agree with concerns over performances and tactics but all this chatter of sacking the manager is simply bizarre and reminds me that there is a section of our fanbase who do their utmost to justify the media's obsession with deluded Geordies.

Gotta agree with this. I'm very concerned at the moment but Pardew earned my trust last season, just got to hope he's competent enough to deal with this pressure and sort the team out.

I think those yearning for a manager change need to be cautious in what they wish for. If Pardew goes who realistically will want to work for Ashley?

I'm not sure working for Ashley isn't exactly that bad. According to Pardew - he has next to no communication with him. We have a decent team with good players. Aye, so he doesn't make a load of money available for the players we need, but I'm pretty sure 90% of football clubs are guilty of that.

I fear for where wr'd be without HBA. Pardew is getting the ultimate least out of the available squad.

We can try put a positive spin on it and hope that now the "give it to Hatem and hope he skins everyone on his own" plan is out the window we might actually graft a bit better as a team.

I fear for where wr'd be without HBA. Pardew is getting the ultimate least out of the available squad.

We can try put a positive spin on it and hope that now the "give it to Hatem and hope he skins everyone on his own" plan is out the window we might actually graft a bit better as a team.

We managed to pick up a lot of points in the first part of last season without Ben Arfa.

Other than Cabaye, the only other player missing from the early part of last season is Best.  Obertan was a regular and Raylor was playing at left back.

One of the problems is the weaker squad.  Last season, we had Best, Lovenkrands, Guthrie and Taylor on the bench and although they may not have been anything special, they did a job and were far more experienced than the kids we are dependent upon now.

Not replacing Guthrie has been a real problem as he played well when partnering either Tiote or Cabaye and if he was still here, it might have allowed Cabaye to be rested for the games where he has been playing with the injury or had the operation earlier.  I am not sure if Amalfitano was his replacement but a kid from Ligue 2 was always going to need a fair bit of time to adjust - if indeed he is good enough in the first place.

I'm not sure working for Ashley isn't exactly that bad. According to Pardew - he has next to no communication with him. We have a decent team with good players. Aye, so he doesn't make a load of money available for the players we need, but I'm pretty sure 90% of football clubs are guilty of that.

Aye but you have to think that Pardew probably benefits (or did) from being in or close to Ashley's clique. History shows us he's awkward, with Hughton and Keegan saga's. I also think the general bad feeling surrounding him can be off putting.

If Pardew did go I could not envisage a positive appointment, put it that way.

I'd love to see him leave tomorrow, but there are so many factors going against that happening (i.e no good replacement) that it would be catastrophic to do so. As I said, limp to the end of the season with this dinosaur and try and shift him then.

Well, i'll put my point of view.  I don't want him sacked, yet. 

We attained a good league position last season but we did it by playing some very poor football and to a large extent riding our luck.  That obviously cannot continue indefinitely and now we're seeing the same kinds of performances, which I wasn't happy with last season, but the ball isnt breaking for us so we're not getting results.

I want to see some progress on the field.  I want to see us attacking the opposition and having a go at playing some decent football.  I'd like to see a side that at least seems to have some idea of what they're trying to do going forward.

I don't think Pardew will be able to achieve that.  I'm willing to give him time and give him a chance to turn it around but based on what i've seen from him during his tenure I just don't believe he can do it.

The team on Sunday will probably be Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Santon, Anita, Tiote, Jonas, Marveaux, Ba, Cisse.

That is not an injury crisis, two players out (and replaced by two of Carr's buys, one of whom cost us a lot of money) and one suspended. Obviously losing Ben Arfa is a massive blow but only because of how much we've come to depend on him, he was still there against Swansea and West Ham and they were still too good for us. Injuries might excuse future performances, especially if Cisse's out too, but they don't excuse anything we've seen so far this season.

That's entirely the point though with that starting XI, is that that's basically it. What have we got to bring on that can shift the balance of a game?

We had a tiny squad to begin with, and this season injuries and bans have meant a real lack of consistency with starting line ups. Now its not fully to blame, no one is saying that, but it has not helped in the slightest and to say it hasn't had an effect is a bit inaccurate imo. 

I don't think many want him out we are all just frustrated at the moment.

I'd rather us bring in a coach that can help with our passing and movement to work under Pardew than sack him, there's a lot of things i like about Pardew it's just he's not learning from his mistakes and quite frankly at the moment he seems incapable of it.

He helped us get organized and make us defensively solid and i'm thankful for that hopefully at some point this season we can go on and use that organization as a platform to improve our creativity and offensive plan.

Time will tell if he can do that but i do think he needs some help on the coaching side, not sure the likes of Carver are up to it tbh.

The team on Sunday will probably be Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Santon, Anita, Tiote, Jonas, Marveaux, Ba, Cisse.

That is not an injury crisis, two players out (and replaced by two of Carr's buys, one of whom cost us a lot of money) and one suspended. Obviously losing Ben Arfa is a massive blow but only because of how much we've come to depend on him, he was still there against Swansea and West Ham and they were still too good for us. Injuries might excuse future performances, especially if Cisse's out too, but they don't excuse anything we've seen so far this season.

That's entirely the point though with that starting XI, is that that's basically it. What have we got to bring on that can shift the balance of a game?

We had a tiny squad to begin with, and this season injuries and bans have meant a real lack of consistency with starting line ups. Now its not fully to blame, no one is saying that, but it has not helped in the slightest and to say it hasn't had an effect is a bit inaccurate imo. 

I'm not saying injuries aren't a problem but the clear problems with the way we play have been evident all season, and most of last season too. It's only now Ben Arfa is injured that people are moaning about injuries, and he's played every game so far that we've been awful in - most of the players who've been injured, Cabaye, Jonas, Cisse, have been getting slagged off left, right and centre on here and I've seen calls to drop all of them!

The starting point is accepting you have to play 3 cm's these days in the PL. He needs to give into that. It's the main problem imo. Once that is in place we won't have to play island hopping football - kicking it from one area to another with nothing in the middle.

I'm not saying injuries aren't a problem but the clear problems with the way we play have been evident all season, and most of last season too. It's only now Ben Arfa is injured that people are moaning about injuries, and he's played every game so far that we've been awful in - most of the players who've been injured, Cabaye, Jonas, Cisse, have been getting slagged off left, right and centre on here and I've seen calls to drop all of them!

I think its fair to say the two have coincided to terrible affect. I'd have had far more confidence to get out this rot with our key players available though, but thats obvious of course.