Alan Pardew

Dave

We had what, at most 15 minutes combined of good attacking football? We still couldn't find our strikers with the crosses and Hatem had to just go on a ego-trip for us to get a goal.

This season will give you medical issues if you don't already have any with that man in charge.

Also going on about cutting out the sloppy defending, yes Pards but why not talk about the fact that time and time again we can't be positive and play front foot football (A Pardism) and can't open teams up. Concentrate more on hurting the other team and you may find the rest falls into place. Don't be fucking scared of what teams like Fulham, Southampton, Swansea, West Ham can do to you - just fucking get at them

I notice he managed to have a dig at Ben Arfa for looking off pace first half. What about Jonas Pardew you horrible c***

it's not a dig , that is just him trying to justify taking him off.

Problem is he seem oblivious to the shit we are seeing and thinks we are playing half decent, the blokes mental tbh

Pardew loves Jonas.

How the hell does Jonas play 90 mins today?

Lord give me strength!

All because he tracks back? Well that's just great, except he's th eone giving the ball away everytime.

The guy is worthless out wide. Utterly and completely. For 90 mins Pardew couldn't see this.

Instead he was waiting with baited breath for the 60 mins mark so he could yank off Ben Arfa because he was 'off the pace'.

My God!

Thing is, as much as anyone wants him gone, the alternatives probably won't be worth it. We'd have to pay off Pardew and then buy a manager from another club, to make a switch even vaguely worth it. It's not going to happen. If we're in the bottom three in April, Ashley might then consider binning him and appointing someone short-term.

Guest nufc1892

Pardew's been in charge for 96 competitive games

W 35

D 30

L 31

win % 36.45

:(

Still better than

Gullit 34.61%

Allardyce 33.33%

Keegan (2nd spell) 28.57%

Kinnear 22.22%

Shearer 12.50%

Thing is, as much as anyone wants him gone, the alternatives probably won't be worth it. We'd have to pay off Pardew and then buy a manager from another club, to make a switch even vaguely worth it. It's not going to happen. If we're in the bottom three in April, Ashley might then consider binning him and appointing someone short-term.

Paying off Pardew is a lot cheaper than getting relegated I suspect.

Also going on about cutting out the sloppy defending, yes Pards but why not talk about the fact that time and time again we can't be positive and play front foot football (A Pardism) and can't open teams up. Concentrate more on hurting the other team and you may find the rest falls into place. Don't be f***ing scared of what teams like Fulham, Southampton, Swansea, West Ham can do to you - just f***ing get at them

We did try to get at them, sadly in Pardew's book hoofing is the best way to get at the oppositions.

Pardew loves Jonas.

How the hell does Jonas play 90 mins today?

Lord give me strength!

All because he tracks back? Well that's just great, except he's th eone giving the ball away everytime.

The guy is worthless out wide. Utterly and completely. For 90 mins Pardew couldn't see this.

Instead he was waiting with baited breath for the 60 mins mark so he could yank off Ben Arfa because he was 'off the pace'.

My God!

Even if Pards is playing him because he tracks back we are getting opened up time and time again with Tiote or Perch or Jonas or anyone in the team. Whatever he is trying is just not working

Also going on about cutting out the sloppy defending, yes Pards but why not talk about the fact that time and time again we can't be positive and play front foot football (A Pardism) and can't open teams up. Concentrate more on hurting the other team and you may find the rest falls into place. Don't be f***ing scared of what teams like Fulham, Southampton, Swansea, West Ham can do to you - just f***ing get at them

We did try to get at them, sadly in Pardew's book hoofing is the best way to get at the oppositions.

We actually had our best spells when Anita etc were allowed to keep the ball on the floor. Unfortunately we ultimately end up hoofing it when you bring Ben Arfa off for Shola (Jesus wept :() - I just don't understand why our managers time and time again can not see what the rest of the population can see

Paying off Pardew is a lot cheaper than getting relegated I suspect.

Life time supply of pie and liqour should do it

Funny thing is after this, the way Pardew's mind works, he'll be even more obsessed about being more solid and defensive.

We'll probably start with Perch, Tiote, Anita, Bigi, Williamson and Coloccini next game.

All our problems however, stem from a toatal inability to keep decent possession, and have any clue going forward.

Now I hope people can shut up about playing 4-5-1 / 4-3-3

again we tried it today for the first half,  with only one man up top in Ba we try to hoof it to him.

No matter what formation, Pardew will not cut out hoofs.

I think the main problem is shoe horning Cisse in on right, he in no way can play anywhere but up top but Pardew insists on playing both of them, much better throwing Marveux out left and Ben Arfa there. It's the most baffling thing to put this square peg in a round hole, Cisse does not have the touch, dribbling or pace to play wide. It's just not his game strange

Funny thing is after this, the way Pardew's mind works, he'll be even more obsessed about being more solid and defensive.

We'll probably start with Perch, Tiote, Anita, Bigi, Williamson and Coloccini next game.

All our problems however, stem from a toatal inability to keep decent possession, and have any clue going forward.

Tbh I would be quite up for him starting Tiote, Anita and Bigi in there and dropping Jonas

I agree that we probably won't be getting rid of him. He's exactly the kind of yes man that Ashley wants, unfortunately.

If we were to get rid though I'd hope we'd look to a relative unknown from the continent to be his successor rather than try to get another Premier League retread.

Guest Dontooner

I heard the revenue for next year's EPL broadcast is pretty sizable..Ashley might think twice if our form continues into early next year. He is in for the money anyway, Wonga would be the most excited to brand themselves 8 mil pounds a year in the Championship.

I've simply lost patience with Pardew.

We only had one attacking minded player on the pitch, Ben Arfa. Ba got injured so he takes of Ben Arfa and bring on Shola, a donkey who couldn't even hit a barn door with his hind legs if he was standing in front of it.

This results in us playing our tactic of getting Krul to hit it long, hope the big guy or one of the big guys up front flick it on or bring it down and hold it up for someone else, it usually ends up with Krul passing it to the other keeper. Even in midfield unless it's Ben Arfa the tactic seem to be if you get the ball then pass it back to Krul so he can hit it long.

Today we opened Fulham up a few times when Ben Arfa was playing, unfortunately it was either Ba or Cisse getting into the box and not both of them or anyone else which meant we had no options. At the other end though a better team could have finished us off with about 6 goals.

If he just let us play attacking football, if he would just make the right substitutions and not leave them until the game is over then we would be much higher in the league. I have just lost faith in his ability, he's just turning into another hoof it long and hope for the best managers and I'm sick of it. SBR was good manager who had us playing well but because of his age and friendliness I kind of felt he lost the command of the squad, Souness was just a bully with no tactical in though, Roeder was just a coach, again didn't really have the respect of the team, Big Sam, well long ball merchant, Keegan, he never had the backing of the board, Chris Houghton, again never had the backing of the board and could be criticised that if plan A went wrong then he didn't have a Plan B, Pardew, a puppet of Ashley's who is a long ball merchant.

How many times Pardew yailed at Ben Arfa to play more centrally  ;D  ?  It seems he was always trough the middle during the second half  , am I the only one who noticed that ? For instance he never maded that much pass since he's in newcastle ( 42 ) in  "only" 70 minutes , something for the future...

Whaaaa?