Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Dontooner

Off to bed , going to have a serious hang over later....

But its all good if i wake up to News that Alan Pardew got the sack .

I can get what some people are saying about us having improved in the last few games, but the fact is in the last 3 we've picked up 3 points (playing against 10 men at home fwiw). That is still relegation form.

And it would have been hard to have got worse than the 3 previous games (0 points).

Those are fake positives in my opinion.

I still rate him.

As he integrates Anita into the side we are playing better football. Hes an option for the back 4 to play it out to and we've launched it a lot less in the last 2 games as a result. I doubted Anita, but hes starting to prove me wrong.

With the ball on the deck more Ba and Cisse are starting to show signs they can play together. There is still a long way to go here though, but credit to Pardew for not giving up on it.

The intensity (and ability) of our midfield covered a multitude of deficiencies last year. Cabaye and Tiote consistently covered more ground than anyone on the pitch, and Jonas would run miles too. We would win 2nd balls, put sides under pressure and control the middle against all but the best teams. Consequently a team containing Obertan, Best, Simpson, Taylor went 11 unbeaten.

We just haven't had that this season. But I think Tiote is starting to get back to what he was and Anita may be able  to forge an effective partnership with him.

He is showing too much loyalty to Jonas though, and it is costing us. Hopefully Marveaux can follow Anita into the side and complete an absolute turn around from their horror 1st half at Everton.

Get Cabaye back and 1 or 2 players in January without losing anyone, and I'm hopeful we'll look very good for the cups and 2nd half of the season.

Improved 2nd half performances make it clear the players are still playing for him, and I see plenty of signs of improvement and reasons to be positive.

Really don't understand a lot of the criticism in this thread.

I don't think tonight puts Pardew in a worse position than before really.

We played decent football but were careless and wasteful and too easy to get at sometimes. I was annoyed at Ben Arfa going off, but I assume it was a fitness thing.

We were playing Fulham, a team who has been out of form for weeks and we still couldn't get anything from the game.  He's got to be in a worse position when added to his pathetic outburst from earlier today.

I still rate him.

As he integrates Anita into the side we are playing better football. Hes an option for the back 4 to play it out to and we've launched it a lot less in the last 2 games as a result. I doubted Anita, but hes starting to prove me wrong.

With the ball on the deck more Ba and Cisse are starting to show signs they can play together. There is still a long way to go here though, but credit to Pardew for not giving up on it.

The intensity (and ability) of our midfield covered a multitude of deficiencies last year. Cabaye and Tiote consistently covered more ground than anyone on the pitch, and Jonas would run miles too. We would win 2nd balls, put sides under pressure and control the middle against all but the best teams. Consequently a team containing Obertan, Best, Simpson, Taylor went 11 unbeaten.

We just haven't had that this season. But I think Tiote is starting to get back to what he was and Anita may be able  to forge an effective partnership with him.

He is showing too much loyalty to Jonas though, and it is costing us. Hopefully Marveaux can follow Anita into the side and complete an absolute turn around from their horror 1st half at Everton.

Get Cabaye back and 1 or 2 players in January without losing anyone, and I'm hopeful we'll look very good for the cups and 2nd half of the season.

Improved 2nd half performances make it clear the players are still playing for him, and I see plenty of signs of improvement and reasons to be positive.

Not a bad post at all. Some of things Pardew does annoy me (Jonas over Marv, the terrible set pieces) but in general he is nowhere near as terrible as people are saying.

We played decent football but were careless and wasteful and too easy to get at sometimes. I was annoyed at Ben Arfa going off, but I assume it was a fitness thing.

We were playing Fulham, a team who has been out of form for weeks and we still couldn't get anything from the game.  He's got to be in a worse position when added to his pathetic outburst from earlier today.

We should have got something out of the game though. We didn't obviously, but that was down to a deflected shot, giving away a soft freekick and a bit of bad luck hitting the woodwork multiple times.

Obviously his position will be worse now because of a defeat, but I don't think he showed anything that should make the fans dislike him any more.

I still rate him.

Not a bad post at all. Some of things Pardew does annoy me (Jonas over Marv, the terrible set pieces) but in general he is nowhere near as terrible as people are saying.

How terrible are people saying he is? Terrible enough to have us in a relegation fight?

We should have got something out of the game though. We didn't obviously, but that was down to a deflected shot, giving away a soft freekick and a bit of bad luck hitting the woodwork multiple times.

Obviously his position will be worse now because of a defeat, but I don't think he showed anything that should make the fans dislike him any more.

we should get something out of a lot of games,

the fact is.... we don't.

Should we fuck have got anything like. Every game we have a couple of half chances and the usual suspects claim it was a roaring success and that we've turned the corner and ignore the fact that Krul is pulling off at least two one-on-one saves a game that he has no right to make.

No away wins and we're in the middle of December ffs.

Wake up.

I still rate him.

How terrible are people saying he is? Terrible enough to have us in a relegation fight?

Well I don't know exactly, he seems to have been getting a lot of stick. You're conflating two things in the second question though, obviously we are in a bad situation in the league, but that doesn't automatically mean Pardew is a bad manager. Martinez is lauded for keeping Wigan up every season, when we finished fifth it didn't make Pardew amazing either.

Guest neesy111

I still rate him.

Well I don't know exactly, he seems to have been getting a lot of stick. You're conflating two things in the second question though, obviously we are in a bad situation in the league, but that doesn't automatically mean Pardew is a bad manager. Martinez is lauded for keeping Wigan up every season, when we finished fifth it didn't make Pardew amazing either.

Comparing us to Wigan is cringe worthy.

I still rate him.

Just as well I didn't do that then.

Look, obviously I'm not going to get anywhere right now with any Pardew-positives because people are angry about the result. Fair enough. But I watched a decent performance marred by some individual mistakes and some luck going the wrong way. I didn't see a shambles or a team that demonstrates their manager is clueless.

Claims our attacking play was "excellent" on nufcTV.

Mental.

Did we create any chances through actual good play? Colo hit the bar from a set-piece, then he was unlucky to hit it again from an effort of his own making.

But in terms of making chances through good collective footballing play I can't remember anything. He seems to think our shit crosses into the box and tame efforts from distance because we can't actually create anything in an attacking sense constitutes good attacking play.

I'm sick of watching this shit every week, it's unbearable.

Guest neesy111

I still rate him.

Just as well I didn't do that then.

Look, obviously I'm not going to get anywhere right now with any Pardew-positives because people are angry about the result. Fair enough. But I watched a decent performance marred by some individual mistakes and some luck going the wrong way. I didn't see a shambles or a team that demonstrates their manager is clueless.

Ahh, your just as bad as Pardew for the lady luck stuff.  We got just as lucky with the deflection for Ben Arfa's goal.

I do dislike him more because it's another game where we've failed to get anything out of.  It’s another game where 80% of our training on defence has gone to s***.  It's another game where he’s cluelessly (I know it’s not even a word) thrown on shola in an attempt to get something from a game while we know that will work 1 game in 5.

He's clueless and I think he's only 2 or 3 games from having no effect on the dressing room rather than the little effect he has now.  I’ll be absolutely amazed if the players aren’t pissing themselves laughing behind his back today after his twitter rant.

I still rate him.

I never rated him and I don't think I ever will the way he's going.

Ba and Cisse are not showing signs that they can play together to any great degree.

Tiote is not showing signs of getting back to his best.

We'll be lucky to get to the fifth round of the FA cup. Europe, first decent team we face and we'll be out.

2nd half of the season - yeah we may drag ourselves into a mid-table position, great achievement.

Abject 1st half performances show that he's either not setting the team up correctly or the players are not playing for him.

Signs of improvement are all well and good, but we're still losing games.

I don't see many reasons to be positive, especially looking at the games we've just wasted and then the games we've got coming up.