Alan Pardew

Dave

Could be worse, in Redknapp's post match interview he was complaining he's up against a squad that can bring quality like Shola and Obertan off the bench  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Pardew, I really don't care what he says's, it's as much to the players sometimes, to the media etc, all kinds of reasons he may not be honest. What matters is what is on the pitch, where he is often found wanting but not going to get wound up by his comments apart from the odd facepalm. I did think he was nicely honest last season but that seems to have deserted him now

Fluked a 1-0 against the worst team I've seen at SJP in years. Please go.

I wouldn't say we fluked it, we did dominate.

I only remember 1 good shot all game and that was the goal which, despite said domination, still felt completely out of the blue.

The worry is, if he believes half of what he says then that is bbound to translate into tactics and performances. If this is the case then the guy has no chance.

There is no way he believes all his spiel. No way. It's all about keeping the pr train on the track. He's basically toughing it out till we win a couple of games on the trot.

That interview alone - started with his hand over his mouth, touching his nose, 2 goes at the ear. All signs of discomfort.

The worry is, if he believes half of what he says then that is bbound to translate into tactics and performances. If this is the case then the guy has no chance.

Nobody will convince me that him telling everyone that will listen that injuries, Europe and Ba's contract situation are to blame for our form this season doesn't affect the players' mentality in a negative way. It's the same when he's going on and on and on about bigger clubs taking our best players and us not being able to do anything about it. What kind of message does that send out? It's fucking baffling.

Sorry, just to expand a bit... Ian, I think you seem sound as f*** and I'd imagine most people agree that you're a proper nice kid and all the rest of it, but I'm totally fed up with you popping up in every thread going "Well actually, maybe Pards should be given some slack" or whatever, in every single f***ing situation.  It's getting so ridiculously irritating I'm not sure I can read it anymore.  If my mate said it in the pub time after time I think I'd either have slapped him or stopped knocking about with him by now.  Sorry, just saying.  Every thread is the same and it's largely your fault, I think you're very naive, especially when it comes to Alan Pardew.

Bit harsh Polic  :lol:

Guest neesy111

This bloke coaching wise will get this squad fucking no where.  Honestly the creativity of that squad was zilch until Marveaux came on.  How the fuck is Jonas and Perch starting ahead him is beyond me.

Ok I do sort of agree with all of that but I think the message to the players behind closed doors is more important than his media drivel, and less sure that's so much pap

I am not convinced however tactically he knows how to get a team attacking properly, HBA solves so many problems on his own in this regard when he plays

There is no way he believes all his spiel. No way. It's all about keeping the pr train on the track. He's basically toughing it out till we win a couple of games on the trot.

That interview alone - started with his hand over his mouth, touching his nose, 2 goes at the ear. All signs of discomfort.

Exactly, body language of his today tells a complete different story to what he is saying.  He knew he avoided a big shitter today.

Sorry, just to expand a bit... Ian, I think you seem sound as f*** and I'd imagine most people agree that you're a proper nice kid and all the rest of it, but I'm totally fed up with you popping up in every thread going "Well actually, maybe Pards should be given some slack" or whatever, in every single f***ing situation.  It's getting so ridiculously irritating I'm not sure I can read it anymore.  If my mate said it in the pub time after time I think I'd either have slapped him or stopped knocking about with him by now.  Sorry, just saying.  Every thread is the same and it's largely your fault, I think you're very naive, especially when it comes to Alan Pardew.

Bit harsh Polic  :lol:

:lol: I honestly think it's quite fair.

Pardew was very honest in his post match interviews last season even when we lost, but this season he seems a little desperate bigging up poor displays.

It would be much worse if he came out every week and said we were shite.

Ian man, piss off.  It's really annoying.

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/6/6/8/9/0/3/HandbagsAtDawn-82009968193.jpeg

:razz:

I only remember 1 good shot all game and that was the goal which, despite said domination, still felt completely out of the blue.

We had 21 shots but only 4 on target. The shooting was poor but I'd say our main problem was crossing. The first half we had so many opportunities down the left wing, cut right in on the edge of the box at the byline and had it cleared, got to be scoring from there - could have have several if Jonas picked out passes there instead of just giving it to them to clear.

Not too much to complain about today I thought - dominated the match in shite conditions against utterly negative opponents and made crucial subs that won the game - massive result in very difficult circumstances.

Guest sicko2ndbest

well this looks like another thread to avoid,  so much s**** spouted on here its unbelievable.

Interpolic can do that to threads

We had 21 shots but only 4 on target. The shooting was poor but I'd say our main problem was crossing. The first half we had so many opportunities down the left wing, cut right in on the edge of the box at the byline and had it cleared, got to be scoring from there - could have have several if Jonas picked out passes there instead of just giving it to them to clear.

The first half was there for the taking as QPR had absolutely no ambition of getting out of their own half, we failed abysmally to capitalize by concentrating solely on attacking down their right hand side having no cutting or composure from either Jonas or Santon.

We didn't bother to try anything through the middle or their left  side,  then again no wonder why when the manager decides to have 3 defensive midfielders in the center of the park and Simmo and Cisse down one side. 

Diabolical tactics considering the opponent we were facing.

The match reminded me of Wigan at home and Bolton at home last season - in control of the game, but uninventive attacking meaning we relied on some substitutions and a moment of individual brilliance to go in front.

Unlike last season though, there isn't a reason or an excuse to continue selecting Jonas, and this Cisse on the wing thing is daft.

Overall, I dont't think we've been too bad in the last 5 games - comparable performances to many of last season's, but without getting the breaks and punished for appalling attacking and defending at set pieces.