Alan Pardew

Dave

He does have a leg to stand on, he was punished for his offence.

Well aye, alright... 'no leg to stand on' is the wrong way of putting it, but with that event still fresh in the memory he left himself in the firing line. But, as i say, that doesn't bother me - i'd have been more annoyed had he not mentioned anything.

Aye, if Ferguson had just apologised to the officials (yeah I know) this would be all over and he wouldn't look like such a tit. Both incidents were ridiculous, both happened in the middle of a football match, only one man had the decency to do the right thing after the match had finished.

Pardew got done because blatantly pushing a linesman is a much easier thing to punish someone for. He shouldn't have tried to fight this battle as he's throwing stones in a glass house.

What battle exactly? He hardly berated Ferguson.

Guest neesy111

Pardew got done because blatantly pushing a linesman is a much easier thing to punish someone for. He shouldn't have tried to fight this battle as he's throwing stones in a glass house.

What battle exactly? He hardly berated Ferguson.

That's the thing, it was 2 sentences after being asked about the situation.  Though he does need to learn shut his gob at times.

Guest malandro

I don't recall MU getting any favours from the referee on Boxing Day and don't see what AP is trying to achieve by picking a fight with the master of the mind game. What good does all this do for NUFC? How does pissing off SAF help our cause?

The only outcome I can see from this is a thrashing next time we play MU.

This Ferguson shit has made me like him a lot more tbf. :lol:

Like wise. I've lost some respect for Pardew and felt pretty negative about his general performance this season; but feeling a bit of camaraderie towards him after the Manu game has me slightly relieved. We've had some shit managers who i've lost all hope in very quickly; it's refreshing not to properly hate one after a rough patch. :lol: The camaraderie isn't a side-effect of hating Alex Ferguson, either (cos i don't).

Maybe i do still have a bit of hope that Pardew can turn it all around after a rotten first half to the season.

I don't recall MU getting any favours from the referee on Boxing Day and don't see what AP is trying to achieve by picking a fight with the master of the mind game. What good does all this do for NUFC? How does pissing off SAF help our cause?

So no manager can ever say anything bad about Alex Ferguson ever again  :lol:

That would be some "master of the mind games" shit, I must admit.

Will Pards be able to keep quiet after what Fergie has said about him, his staff and the club? One half of me hopes he thinks of a hilarious comeback, but the other half hopes he will keep quiet and not bite at the Fergie mind games  :hmm: ...

Will Pards be able to keep quiet after what Fergie has said about him, his staff and the club? One half of me hopes he thinks of a hilarious comeback, but the other half hopes he will keep quiet and not bite at the Fergie mind games  :hmm: ...

Fergie's made himself look borderline mental, I wouldn't begrudge Pardew a bite back but I would rather he rose above it.

What did Pardew say again?

"I think Mike Dean might feel slightly disappointed he didn't do something about it," Pardew said after the game.

"I think the pressure that was on him was tough for a referee to take. I think there were a lot of things the FA could look at. But it seems they are looking at none."

Guest malandro

That would be some "master of the mind games" s***, I must admit.

What managers at other clubs do is up to them. AP is the manager of NUFC and he has made an enemy of SAF.... how is that good for NUFC?

I wouldn't blame Pards for making a comeback statement, the problem is that because Fergie has influence over the FA and the media, he has no chance of winning and will probably just land himself in trouble

Guest bimpy474

That would be some "master of the mind games" s***, I must admit.

What managers at other clubs do is up to them. AP is the manager of NUFC and has made an enemy of SAF.... how is that good for NUFC?

Reading too much into it mate. It'll be banter bus between them :lol:

you don't think valencia should have been sent off and action taken against ferguson for his antics towards the officials ?

"I think Mike Dean might feel slightly disappointed he didn't do something about it," Pardew said after the game.

"I think the pressure that was on him was tough for a referee to take. I think there were a lot of things the FA could look at. But it seems they are looking at none."

+

“Sometimes when you reflect on a game and look back on it, maybe you might have acted differently.  “We do that as managers and I’m sure he might think that as a referee.

“Of course, it’s an emotional game. Apparently they had a cordial discussion. I’ve had a few of them myself but sometimes ended up in the stands with that cordial discussion.”

+

“Sometimes when you reflect on a game and look back on it, maybe you might have acted differently.  “We do that as managers and I’m sure he might think that as a referee.

“Of course, it’s an emotional game. Apparently they had a cordial discussion. I’ve had a few of them myself but sometimes ended up in the stands with that cordial discussion.”

Very well put across, that, fair play Pards :clap: