Alan Pardew

Dave

When he is able to put out the following side with the following bench then and only then should he be judged

...................Krul................

Debuchy...Taylor...Colo.....Santon

...............Anita.....Tiote............

HBA................Cabaye..........Marv

..................Cisse.......................

Jonas

Simpson

Shola

Bigi

Taylor

Willo

New CF

Ridiculous comment.

Might as well see how the rest of the season pans out, now isn't the time to be making any major changes. I just can't see us going anywhere under Pardew after that though. Ashley has to bite the bullet and invest in a proper manager come the summer. If he doesn't know how to do it, he should headhunt someone who does.

Don't wanna experience the 'oh maybe we should have done something, something earlier at least' moment when we're relegated.

Fencing off the training ground has worked well.

It' so pointless.

"We have to stop information getting out of the training ground. Oh, btw, Marveaux will be playing against Everton. Oh and Bigirimana will also feature. This weekend? Yeah, Sammy will be starting."

When he is able to put out the following side with the following bench then and only then should he be judged

Jonas

Simpson

Shola

Bigi

Taylor

Willo

New CF

Ridiculous comment.

Yep. And like you'd buy a new forward then play Marveaux instead, ffs. :lol:

For a manager who regularly goes through 3 or 4 formation changes per game because he's set us up incorrectly to say that he couldn't  find a way at any point in the 90 minutes to have Cisse up front is completely laughable.

The stupid t*** can't keep the same shape for 60 mins before shitting his pants and throwing his plans in the air, yet we have to prepare for a week to play a centre forward on the wing :lol:

Exactly.... for the last 30 mins what was the formation exactly? I assume that was NOT part of the master plan.

Jonas

Simpson

Shola

Bigi

Taylor

Willo

New CF

Guess what sucker!

He'll never put that team out, even when they're all fit! That's where he keeps fucking up.

Jonas will find a way in there instead of Marv. Perch will find a way int here instead of Anita. God knows what other nonsensities he will manufacture.

He's clueless, and will continue to prove to be.

Damian Spellman ‏@DamianSpellman

Pardew on Ba's replacement: "I would like, if possible, to have a player with real power and pace...who is going to threaten at set-plays."

Sounds like it'll be a central striker from that. 4-4-2 and hoofing it is then.

Pardew on Ba's replacement: "I would like, if possible, to have a player with real power and pace...who is going to threaten at set-plays."

Pardew looking for pace and power at Newcastle

3:39pm Thursday 3rd January 2013 in Premier League

ALAN PARDEW

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will target power and pace as he looks for a replacement for Chelsea-bound Demba Ba.

The 51-year-old conceded defeat in his efforts to keep the Senegal international at St James' Park last night after the Blues triggered the escape clause in his contract with a £7million bid, and is now looking to plug the sizeable gap the striker will leave behind.

Marseille's Loic Remy is at the top of his list, although as ever, the deal is far from straightforward.

However, Pardew, who last night admitted Ba and former strike-partner Papiss Cisse were not a natural combination, is hopeful of finding a man to complement the former Freiburg marksman.

He said: ''I would like, if possible, to have a player with real power and pace. Sometimes, we lack a little bit of pace.

''(Gabriel) Obertan brings that to the team, but when Gabby is not in the team, that's something I would like to see in the player that comes in because that will help Papiss, and also somebody who is going to threaten at set-plays because it has been a weakness for us.

''But it's easy to say what I would really like - it's what I can get in this window and the options are not numerous. There are only a few players, really, who are available.''

Pardew was due to meet managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley this afternoon to discuss the way forward as Lille full-back Mathieu Debuchy underwent his medical on Tyneside with a view to completing a £5million switch from Lille tomorrow, although he will not be available for Saturday's FA Cup third round trip to Brighton.

However, the manager warned that while the club's need is great, their financial model will govern what they are able to do.

''But we do have to take into consideration where we are. We are under no illusions that we are now in a battle to secure our Premier League status for next year, and we make no bones about that.

''The trick really is to get our best players on the pitch, we know that, but in the short term, one or two reinforcements would go a long way to helping.''

Pardew had only five members of what would be regarded as his strongest XI available to him for last night's 2-1 Barclays Premier League defeat by Everton with Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Yohan Cabaye, Jonas Gutierrez, Hatem Ben Arfa and Ba all missing, and the situation will not be improved my midfielder Cheick Tiote's departure for the African Nations Cup.

Is that genuine? How about someone who can play wide left?

Alan Pardew

"So it'll be a lift for them in particular - the (Fabricio) Coloccinis, the Tim Kruls, the Perchys, the (Mike) Williamsons who have played most of our games, that there are one or two more senior players in that dressing room."

Made me cringe for some reason

Tbf it doesn't mean we want to hoof....

For one thing he mentioned pace and no hoofball merchant is pacey.....

He basically described Remy and Aubameyang( from highlights i have seen) both are strong, pacey and threat in the air.

I would still hope he is looking to put a new forward out wide and Cisse through the middle tbh.

Tbf it doesn't mean we want to hoof....

For one thing he mentioned pace and no hoofball merchant is pacey.....

Odd thing to say.

Name a target man around who is quick, Drogba was the only one in recent years and he had much more to his game than your standard target man.

Guest malandro

I don't believe the club decide what kind of player they want and then go about finding somebody who fits the bill.