Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Aye, think he changed out of necessity and then felt that with a full summer to work with he'd be able to make his preferred system work. So far it hasn't worked for him.

Think we can see now why De Jong and Carroll were targeted. The system, s*** as it is, would work a lot better with a genuine target man up there.

It'll be a blessing in disguise if Pardew has the stones to revert to the 4-3-3 that we didn't get a big man in. Cisse and Ba should compete for a place and shut up and get on with it if either are asked to play out wide on occasion.

Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Jonas are all vastly more suited to playing in that formation, we have loads of CM's so going with three in the middle makes lots of sense.

Not overly optimistic he'll see the light though.

Pardew needs to manage Ba, he played wide left in a front 3 and was getting chances and just looked like his luck had run out.  Ba was getting chances that were going wide, hitting somebody or going over the top, he was burrying the same chances from the same position when he was on his brilliant run.

To allow him (Ba) to think he can't play in that position is costing us as a team and it doesn't have to be the case. 

I'd give him a few games down the middle in the 4-3-3 and tell him it's his spot to lose.

Cisse can't argue with being dropped, he's been poor regardless of the service.

Although you are right its this kind of thinking that bugs me (not yours but the English rigid postions thinking). Why do the front 3 have to be left centre and right. Why cant they be free roles to roam and rotate positions.

When we lose the ball whoever is left at the time covers there, same for the right side.

In theory it could work.

Wouldn't hold out much hope for that happening. We're still trying to get out of playing a long ball 4-4-2 formation at this point, reckon the concept of actually having our players rotate positions during the game would destroy Pardew's brain. :lol:

Probably right :lol: If only he could loosen things up a little. He's showing himself to be far too rigid in his thinking and set up.

Aye, it'll be a shame if this stubbornness ends up being his undoing.

Done a great job to this point but we won't be able to go on nicking wins in shit games forever. We need to evolve as an attacking unit, I hope he has some sort of long term vision but it's hard to see what that might be with how we've been setting ourselves up so far this year.

I actually dont mind 4-4-2 but not the way he is approaching it. But its clear to see we are better equipped to play 4-3-3 with the players we have. In fact only a moron looking at the players we have wouldn't see it.

Tbf Pardew has earnt some wiggle room, i'm hoping he can show us a long term vision too like you say. Just a bit worrying at the moment.

Unless the team starts improving its performances considerably so in the next few games, based on what we've seen this season and even throughout last season, we will really struggle to finish in the top 10 never mind top 5.

Pardew doesn't seem to know his best team, his best system, what tactics to use and basically what to do with some of the players and that is why we are so disjointed and out of shape.

It can't continue because we will regress badly.

I actually disagree with you, I think Pardew's Knows his weakness and buy fare players to hide his void.

When Colo and cabaye is back in the team, we will look much better and people will stop whining  but the truth is Pardew's has no offensive tactics and relies on the raw attributes of player to win him games. Not a sign of a trophy winning Manager.

:yao:

8 year contracts? 1 major signing? There's too much complacency going on based on the events of last season. We've incurred 8 extra european games before the new year alone yet the squad numbers remain the same. We have witnessed a noticeable dip in form from key players like Cabaye and Cisse, and when you look at the backup players, there just isn't competition for places. Last season Pardew managed a similarly weak squad well, getting the most from players like Ryan Taylor and James Perch. He must find a way to do it again, because there are too many automatic selections, and we are way too predictable to opposing teams. We have been relying on individual match winners to pinch results with very limited service.

I do think Pardew's got a difficult task, and some of the criticism on here is a little premature in my view. He was let down by Ashley in the summer, his reward for European football was much the same squad over many more games, so to expect another 5th placed finish is a huge ask. He may become a victim of his own success, if people expect a similar finish. I just don't believe he has the players to achieve that, not with the extra games stretching the squad through fatigue and injuries. I think we are paying for a poor transfer window, though Pardew is certanily not beyond criticism. Looking back on the window, the Anita signing, our one major deal, was a weird one. It did not address any of our needs and basically blew our whole transfer budget. I'm not sure who sanctioned that deal or why but I'd be surprised if Pardew thought that would be his final signing.

Given current form, it might be worth resting Cisse for a game or two and maybe even giving Ferguson a run wide left in a 4-3-3. It might not work, but I think we have to freshen things up. Teams will suss us out if we always play the same way, and you have to get your form players on the pitch. 2 assists in a week from Ferguson is definitely knocking on the door for a first team place in a team that is crying out for balls into the box, and his inclusion would also send out the message that nobody's place is guaranteed in the team, and that good form is rewarded. Giving Ba the main role would also be reward for his excellent form. I hope he freshens things up, but he may be afraid to do so with Man Utd next up in the league.

8 year contracts? 1 major signing? There's too much complacency going on based on the events of last season. We've incurred 8 extra european games before the new year alone yet the squad numbers remain the same. We have witnessed a noticeable dip in form from key players like Cabaye and Cisse, and when you look at the backup players, there just isn't competition for places. Last season Pardew managed a similarly weak squad well, getting the most from players like Ryan Taylor and James Perch. He must find a way to do it again, because there are too many automatic selections, and we are way too predictable to opposing teams. We have been relying on individual match winners to pinch results with very limited service.

I do think Pardew's got a difficult task, and some of the criticism on here is a little premature in my view. He was let down by Ashley in the summer, his reward for European football was much the same squad over many more games, so to expect another 5th placed finish is a huge ask. He may become a victim of his own success, if people expect a similar finish. I just don't believe he has the players to achieve that, not with the extra games stretching the squad through fatigue and injuries. I think we are paying for a poor transfer window, though Pardew is certanily not beyond criticism. Looking back on the window, the Anita signing, our one major deal, was a weird one. It did not address any of our needs and basically blew our whole transfer budget. I'm not sure who sanctioned that deal or why but I'd be surprised if Pardew thought that would be his final signing.

Given current form, it might be worth resting Cisse for a game or two and maybe even giving Ferguson a run wide left in a 4-3-3. It might not work, but I think we have to freshen things up. Teams will suss us out if we always play the same way, and you have to get your form players on the pitch. 2 assists in a week from Ferguson is definitely knocking on the door for a first team place in a team that is crying out for balls into the box, and his inclusion would also send out the message that nobody's place is guaranteed in the team, and that good form is rewarded. Giving Ba the main role would also be reward for his excellent form. I hope he freshens things up, but he may be afraid to do so with Man Utd next up in the league.

You're looking at this season in isolation, the results last season were better than the performances a lot of the time. 

He's completely wasting the best squad we've had in years. He doesn't have the balls (or brains) to drop the likes of Williamson and Simpson and play players who are clearly better than them i.e Ferguson, Anita, even Tavernier, or reconsider his tactics. With the talent we have going forward we should never in a million years be so paranoid about the opposition, especially teams like Reading, Norwich etc.

I honestly would not mind it if we had a very organised and calculated way of playing, such as being a tough defensive unit and hammering teams on the break by utilising the likes of Santon, Hatem, Demba and Cabaye. But we don't. There's no thought or by the looks of it, understanding, of what we want to achieve during games.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction, we played repulsive, turgid ball for half of last season and its carried through to this season and doesn't show signs of improving. It just makes me very frustrated when you watch other teams, like Spurs away at Man Utd this evening, and then compare it to today's showing.

I like Pardew as a bloke, I really do, but as a manager he just isn't do us justice. For me, there's only so far he can take NUFC- and that's NOT going off emotion from today- and I think we will certainly plateau before 8 years time.

Dropping Williamson (who was our best defender today) for the likes of Ferguson, Tavernier & Anita? what?  :lol:

Better utilizing the likes of Santon, hatem & Demba? Those 3 have specifically been our best performers in the last few games in the exact positions they started in today & Cabaye was out injured.

Reality is we had to play with two holding midfielders today due to lack of options & our wingers didnt turn up. Having a debate about whether we should have signed more players is very fair after today. The "Pards tactics were shocking" is a load of nonsense. We had no creative outlet, its that simple.

Llambais going on about Ferguson and Wenger and their long term management has annoyed me a bit. It's not as if they've had the same coaches and backroom staff over their whole management. What if Pardew wanted to freshen up his coaches a year or two down the line, they're all on 8 year contracts too. Stupid.

Tiote assisted the first goal so it's not that complicated.

You talk like we're creating chances left, right and center before today. Pardew's tactics are bad, not the players.

Aye ok, Tiote unlocking their defence was clearly the secret key Pards didnt use.

Outside of that Tiote/Cabaye havent played together yet this season properly, ofcourse having Cabaye infront of him could help our attack. Fuck knows what you're arguing about as usual. Just stop replying to my posts dude  :lol: Waste of both our time.

This is just a PR move really. We're a stable club. I still don't think ditching pardew makes any sense, as much as he winds me up and is even responsible for our form atm, unless things really get bad, or if Mourinho quits Real Madrid and begs to follow in Bobby's footsteps, jumping back on the endless conveyor belt of managers will achieve much. I agree the backroom staff was a bit silly maybe, I'd be really looking at our training right now and seeing if we're spending the time we need on improving ball retention. On the whole though reckon this is just to say look we are stable like man u, which we're not but bleh.

We're basically trying to play 442 without proper wingers ie beat a man byline stuff. The balls are too flat or straight. Once or twice in a game Hatem or Santon are in a postion to cross but that isn't really enough for what looks like a very awkward and rigid 442 at times.

The players we do have is screaming out for a 433 but that would mean dropping one of the strikers (who might get in a huff about it).

Tough choices for Pard8 ahead.

*Still think Anita not playing was a blunder. Perch was all over the shop and Hatem had no feed behind him whatsoever.

Pards can't let go of having 2 upfront for the extra threat, dunno why he hasn't twigged that we can't get it up front anywhere near enough as is anyway.

Pards is fast approaching his rubicon. We need a Michu type to play behind the striker along with Hatem.

..............Hatem..........Affelay/Michu  :razz:

.........................Ba..............

He's completely wasting the best squad we've had in years. He doesn't have the balls (or brains) to drop the likes of Williamson and Simpson and play players who are clearly better than them i.e Ferguson, Anita, even Tavernier, or reconsider his tactics. With the talent we have going forward we should never in a million years be so paranoid about the opposition, especially teams like Reading, Norwich etc.

I honestly would not mind it if we had a very organised and calculated way of playing, such as being a tough defensive unit and hammering teams on the break by utilising the likes of Santon, Hatem, Demba and Cabaye. But we don't. There's no thought or by the looks of it, understanding, of what we want to achieve during games.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction, we played repulsive, turgid ball for half of last season and its carried through to this season and doesn't show signs of improving. It just makes me very frustrated when you watch other teams, like Spurs away at Man Utd this evening, and then compare it to today's showing.

I like Pardew as a bloke, I really do, but as a manager he just isn't do us justice. For me, there's only so far he can take NUFC- and that's NOT going off emotion from today- and I think we will certainly plateau before 8 years time.

Dropping Williamson (who was our best defender today) for the likes of Ferguson, Tavernier & Anita? what?  :lol:

Better utilizing the likes of Santon, hatem & Demba? Those 3 have specifically been our best performers in the last few games in the exact positions they started in today & Cabaye was out injured.

Reality is we had to play with two holding midfielders today due to lack of options & our wingers didnt turn up. Having a debate about whether we should have signed more players is very fair after today. The "Pards tactics were shocking" is a load of nonsense. We had no creative outlet, its that simple.

Williamson was not our best defender today, he never is. He's a horrendous footballer who shouldn't be anywhere near our first team. Half the problem of throwing away possession is when he plays. So out of his depth. And I don't see what's wrong with dropping Williamson, reshuffling Perch to CB and slotting in Tav or Anita to RB. Or, play Fergie LB and switch Santon to right flank. It's not rocket science.

And Pards' tactics were shocking today. I consider our set-pieces and our method of passing to be part of our 'tactics'- and they were all horrendous. Yes, we had little creative outlets, but that's because he played a formation that didn't allow the creative players- Hatem, Ba, Cisse- to express themselves. Nor did he include Marveaux in the squad, or start Ferguson. Our formations are tailored to protect ourselves from the opposition, not to hurt them.

Williamson has strengths, hes strong in the air and largely kept Pog out of it. Won 11 in the air, Tiote was next with 6. We could rotate him & Perch sure, but this isnt applicable to todays game anyway. I agree he's poor with his distribution & yeah our set piece routines are baffling also aye. The style of play is difficult to judge largely due to Cabayes involvement for me, hes either been covering for Tiote being out or hes out himself.

Very few wouldve started Fergie & Ba/Hatem have been expressing themselves. Cisse is the issue. Marv on bench was an option yeah. I dont see how we were tailored to protect ourselves though, his options were limited. It just says to me if Cabayes out & Barfa has a poor game we'll struggle to create, which isnt that suprising really.

O0

You've nailed it with that first sentence. Can't think of what Allardyce would do much differently if he had the same squad in terms of tactics :lol: Except maybe chastise and marginalise HBA and Ba for not tracking back or something.

Allardyce wouldn't do a lot different. Pardew basically allowed us to be dragged down to Reading's Championship level which is where Allardyce is also most comfortable. I doubt we'll see a worse side line up against us this season yet we ended up competing with them on a physical level rather than pick them apart with football. This is Pardew's world though. He's shown no suggestion that he knows any other.

Tiote assisted the first goal so it's not that complicated.

You talk like we're creating chances left, right and center before today. Pardew's tactics are bad, not the players.

Aye ok, Tiote unlocking their defence was clearly the secret key Pards didnt use.

Outside of that Tiote/Cabaye havent played together yet this season properly, ofcourse having Cabaye infront of him could help our attack. f*** knows what you're arguing about as usual. Just stop replying to my posts dude  :lol: Waste of both our time.

Just when I thought I couldn't laugh at you any more you start defending Pardew's tactics :lol:

Please tell your dad we all despise him. Good lad.