Alan Pardew

Dave

I try and support Pardew as much as I can, but Cissé on the wing? I mean, honestly? Almost a sackable offence in itself.

He was out wide first half too...when we dominated the game, took a 2 goal lead and Cisse himself was one of the scorers.

Must have been watching a different game to me, mate.

Did we not dominate the first half?

We did.

Cisse played as the central striker first half though.

Aye. Went out wide when Shola came on.

So he played wide for 20 minutes.....20 minutes where we had one man in their half most the time anyway.

Tactical blunder to be sacked for...after a win.

Right.

If that was the only blunder he made it may have been forgivable.

Can't disagree with either of the new 2 going off after barely being involved second half, or that the other new lad came on.  So the complaints are Perch came off or Shola/Anita came on.

There was no-one else on the bench I particularly fancied coming on.

I try and support Pardew as much as I can, but Cissé on the wing? I mean, honestly? Almost a sackable offence in itself.

He was out wide first half too...when we dominated the game, took a 2 goal lead and Cisse himself was one of the scorers.

We did.

So he played wide for 20 minutes.....20 minutes where we had one man in their half most the time anyway.

Right.

Well, I didn't say he should be sacked, you've just made that up. And also, it's not the first time he's played Cissé there, is it? He should never be playing there. He's just not suited to the role at all.

We did.

Right.

Can't disagree with either of the new 2 going off after barely being involved second half, or that the other new lad came on.  So the complaints are Perch came off or Shola/Anita came on.

You wanted Jonas to stay? Sissoko was barely involved in the second half?

Shola coming on was pretty horrible as well, and despite not being involved Gouffran and Sissoko to an extent were the only pacy outlets we had.

Think Villa are gone with Reading and one other - probs qpr. Norwich and Fulham are dropping like stones.

I invariably think that that you can pick fault with any Manager tbh. Take Villa and Norwich both have good "managers" who have experience and then take Jol a guy with bag loads of the stuff. Then I look at Atkins at Southampton and think are we actually worse off? I mean we have Carver who has a 100% record as a "good" manager albeit in one matech :lol:.

My biggest problem is with the current set-up. Pards clearly gets players who he (in his mind) doesn't have some form of mental thought process over and he has to incorporate them in to some form of system.

What?

:lol:

This was similar to Fulham in a way but Villa didn't capitalise. He basically went 4-4-1-1 against a turbo crap team who naturally overload the midfield, the result? Us being all over the shop second half. We needed 3 in the middle to shore things up and get a foothold of the game but he dithered for 20 minutes or so and then we were just a mess. The guy's a gutless knob, I hate seeing someone so conservative in charge.

If we are going to get any type of form together Pard is going to really have to grow a pair and allow the players to actually play some football. In the second half they all looked so stiff, almost scared.

I dread to think of a team with the quality we now have being forced in to 1980's tactics.

Why was he hugging Jonas after the game, and not slapping his face instead?

After that game it was Jonas he deemed worthy of his affections?

The guy has serious problems.

Does it matter who he hugged after the game? He'd originally left Jonas out but had to reinstate him when Marveaux got injured. Whatever Jonas did or didn't do on the pitch he gave 100% and AP was thanking him for the effort imo.

Evidence (if ever it were needed and frankly, if you think it was, you need to give your head a shake) that our disgusting performances this season are nothing to do with lack of investment and everything to do with the coward in the dugout.

Just cannot get my head around this argument.

What about the first-half then? Would have been interesting viewing without Gouffran and Sissoko on the field.

For the record, I agree that Pardew is pants.

Games don't last for one half though, that's Pardew's problem. His problem isn't necessarily getting the team playing, it's getting them playing for 90 minutes, it's getting them playing when we're behind and getting them playing when we're in front. :lol:

When something actually happens on the pitch, them scoring, us scoring, a substitution, them making a pass, he absolutely shits himself. We are a million miles from being the worst team in the league but we're by far the least effective in terms of actually getting results relative to the squad. We'd actually be better with a load of cloggers because that's what he knows - that's why he picks Perch and Shola so consistently.

This is two games in a row against, imo, the two worst teams in the league that we've lost one and deserved to lose the other having been winning without breaking sweat at half time. He's by far the worst manager in the league this season at actually getting points given what he has to work with.

:thup:

Fair enough, but I think the more good players we have the better - regardless of who the manager is. The difference it's made having Debuchy in there and Cabaye back has been pretty large already and now we've got the added influx of Gouffran, Sissoko and Yanga-Mbiwa. I can't see it doing anything other than helping us.

We're at a low, low ebb but we've somehow managed to come away with 3 points there - largely thanks to the club going out and spending money on some quality players. Without that we'd have seen Shola starting again and we probably wouldn't have taken anything from this game.

I'm not going to disagree about anything regarding Pardew's ability - or lack thereof - as a manager, but I will not ever be swayed into thinking I need to "give my head a shake" for believing that the lack of purchases made in the summer hasn't affected us negatively too. There's a lot more goes into the outcome of a match than just what the manager brings to the table.

My opinion is that the lack of investment (which was disgraceful in itself) could have been expected to take us from 5th to 7th/8th. Anything below that is on the manager, and certainly the performances are. February and we've not played well yet. :lol:

We did.

Right.

He should be sacked for the season so far, not today.

We did.

Right.

Well, I didn't say he should be sacked, you've just made that up. And also, it's not the first time he's played Cissé there, is it? He should never be playing there. He's just not suited to the role at all.

Soz, almost, but not quite sackable.

:blush:

Guest icemanblue

Does it matter who he hugged after the game? He'd originally left Jonas out but had to reinstate him when Marveaux got injured. Whatever Jonas did or didn't do on the pitch he gave 100% and AP was thanking him for the effort imo.

Is that true?

We did.

Right.

They were less involved due to the way he had us setup to play.  Far better to change the way we were playing to allow them to get on the ball then remove them from the pitch and replace them with worse players.  Why not leave Perch in midfield and take Jonas off and replace him with Obertan.  You get rid of our worst player in the game (as much as I like Gutierrez he was miss controlling everything, giving away dangerous freekicks, he was a liability) and then have some pace to hit them on the break.

But instead he takes off Perch for Shola and puts Cisse on the wing with Gutierrez still their fucking everything up.  What fucking good was that?  Not to mention he then brings on a central defender into defensive midfield when he's only just taken Perch out of that position, he's nuts man!

We did.

Right.

Soz, almost, but not quite sackable.

:blush:

I was exaggerating, yes. But I really can't defend Pardew on this. It's not even as if Shola can hold the ball up. He can't. He's useless.

We did.

Right.

They were less involved due to the way he had us setup to play.  Far better to change the way we were playing to allow them to get on the ball then remove them from the pitch and replace them with worse players.  Why not leave Perch in midfield and take Jonas off and replace him with Obertan.  You get rid of our worst player in the game (as much as I like Gutierrez he was miss controlling everything, giving away dangerous freekicks, he was a liability) and then have some pace to hit them on the break.

But instead he takes off Perch for Shola and puts Cisse on the wing with Gutierrez still there f***ing everything up.  What f***ing good was that?  Not to mention he then brings on a central defender into defensive midfield when he's only just taken Perch out of that position, he's nuts man!

i've been defending pardew against people slagging off what they see as his tactics in the second half. i can't defend him for picking or keeping jonas on though.

Guest bimpy474

Jonas for all his faults, stopped a near-certain goal. Pardew was probably thanking him for that.

Very true, but on the flip side. On the attacking front in the first half, we might have been out of sight if someone who wasn't absolutely useless was playing instead of him. Helping out in attack, which is the position he is being pick in.

If that's 100%?!

:spit:

:anguish:

Jonas is out of form, he's lost his confidence and everything that goes with that.

But I think he was giving it everything he had - and imo he never does less than that. The manager can either sh*t on him or try and give him some confidence and help him get back to form.

Got no problem with him putting his arm around Gutierrez, its not really his fault that he's a bit shit he is still putting the effort in.  Also I hope his starting lineup was Marveaux instead of Guti.  Though I've no idea why Gutierrez was the backup plan to Marveaux.

Guest neesy111

Brining shola on was scandalous. Other than that, I have no problems.

Villa were a desperate, desperate side and threw the kitchen sink.

Had that pen not happened we would have seen the game out comfortably.

They've played 2 more games since we player, why can't we throw the kitchen sink against teams like Reading for example???