Alan Pardew

Dave

How many "capable strikers" have Arsenal, Everton, Spurs, Swansea, Chelsea and Liverpool been playing with all season? :lol: Everton have really struggled with goals from Jelavic like us with Cisse yet they're just underneath a CL place - because other players are scoring goals and they create a fuckload of chances nearly every game.

The irony is that he's had two of the best strikers in the division available to him for most of the entire season and still couldn't win a game... but then the excuse is the right back, or the centre half, as if every squad in the league is perfection.

Everton have Fellani, even Anichebe seems to score on his rare outings (4 goals to our main forwards 6) but yeah they have done well.

Chelsea have Lampard and Mata who have scored over 10, now they have Ba obviously, even the youngster they loaned out who has 12 league goals.

Arsenal have Walcott, Carzola, even Giroud has scored 9.

Defoe still has 10, that Gareth Bale lad seems to chip in with the odd goal. Wouldn't Dempsey and Sigurdsson be better goalscoring options than we have?

Suarez is the top scorer in the league. Gerrard has scored 7, Sturridge 4 since he signed in January.

Obviously Cisse's form this season is entirely down to Pardew though, no other explanation. I suppose Moyes is at fault that Jelavic and Mirales haven't been banging them away? Probably not I suspect.

To suggest any of these teams don't have a lot more options than us is ridiculous. Where are our goals coming from if we need to change things up? Are we going to realistically get double figures from our centre mids? (maybe Sissoko over a full season), can you see our full backs getting as many as Baines? We have one centre back capable of getting the odd goal, hopefully MYM will be.

You might have a point, however I'd argue that come the end of the season this will all be academic. I'll judge him on where we finish in the league.

Guest Dontooner

yeah alright mate.

Same logic mean Catts > Cabaye,

Which proves the point that Pardew is not a good manager, he has us below the Mackems , it obvious we have better players.

Did we create more chances in the first half of the season when Ba was one of the top scorers in the league?

Is he better than Cole or Ferdinand were?

Footballers can have a period where everything they hit goes in, Cisse was doing it last season.  That doesn't mean that a forward should be expected to score with every chance, or does it?

You seem to think that creating two good chances in a game is good enough yet when we beat Southampton we had the best goals to chances created ratio in the league, that day and it was only 40% which is less than a goal for every 2 chances.

:thup:

Last season was good, this season is bad. Neither was/is without its great days of outstanding promise and its shite days of looking utterly abysmal. We're not going to go down and the Europa League is still to play for, but otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing what we do next season tbh. The manager isn't going anywhere.

Did we create more chances in the first half of the season when Ba was one of the top scorers in the league?

Footballers can have a period where everything they hit goes in, Cisse was doing it last season.  That doesn't mean that a forward should be expected to score with every chance, or does it?

You seem to think that creating two good chances in a game is good enough yet when we beat Southampton we had the best goals to chances created ratio in the league, that day and it was only 40% which is less than a goal for every 2 chances.

Do you think Cisse and Gouffran both should have done better with their chances yesterday?

We had 14 shots, 7 on target. Swansea the better side with the much better manager had 10 shots, 7 on target. The one they scored was only because of a massive fuck up from our defenders that you just couldn't account for as a manager.

Last season was good, this season is bad. Neither was/is without its great days of outstanding promise and its shite days of looking utterly abysmal. We're not going to go down and the Europa League is still to play for, but otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing what we do next season tbh. The manager isn't going anywhere.

:)

We created two really good chances for our forwards yesterday, they didn't take them. Cisse has missed a number of good chances this season also.

How is not having someone else we can bring in not a problem? I like Marveaux but he isn't exactly a goalscorer so we are left with Shola?

How many chances do you think Andy Cole and Les Ferdinand needed to get goals?  My guess is that both would have a record of less than a goal for every couple of good chances and both were formidable scorers for us, I wonder why?

We’re not creating enough chances and that it down to how we play and it’s not good enough.

Demba was scoring goals but was forcing the team to play badly. Don't you know?

I don't think HE was forcing the team to play badly. He was doing what he was there to do, if it wasn't working then Pardew should have changed things.

What was that? Sign 3 first team players. One a dynamic #10. Another an excellent wide forward. A proper #2. And magically heal our CB and influential midfielder?

Or... just swap he and Cisse around. Cisse still not scoring regularly and us not picking up points.

Surely not one single person looks at Alan Pardew's CV, how we play, this season etc. and even the performances in the main last season, and sees a good manager?!

I doubt it. It seems that the same posters who tell us constantly that there's no chance of him being replaced (this may or may not be true) are also the ones telling us to go easy on him.

Last season was good, this season is bad. Neither was/is without its great days of outstanding promise and its s**** days of looking utterly abysmal. We're not going to go down and the Europa League is still to play for, but otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing what we do next season tbh. The manager isn't going anywhere.

This. I don't feel the manager will be afforded two bad seasons in a row though.

Last season was good, this season is bad. Neither was/is without its great days of outstanding promise and its s**** days of looking utterly abysmal. We're not going to go down and the Europa League is still to play for, but otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing what we do next season tbh. The manager isn't going anywhere.

This. I don't feel the manager will be afforded two bad seasons in a row though.

Agreed. to an extent.

yeah alright mate.

Which proves the point that Pardew is not a good manager, he has us below the Mackems , it obvious we have better players.

Steven Fletcher has scored more goals than Cisse. At some point, you have to look at the players.

Aye but Cisse had been humped out wide, and the service to him when he has played up top has been poor. No doubting he's no where near the standard of last year but the poor guy was at a massive disadvantage starting as a striker so late in to the season. Ciss'e form is more the fault of Pardew than it is Cisse imo. Obviously from now on as long as he's up top it's going to be more and more down to him.

This is related to my last post, and pure speculation, however......I genuinely believe that quite a few people need to actually see this squad managed by someone who encourages positive attacking play and movement before they'll realise he's holding us back. Or, until they'll allow themselves to see that he's holding us back given that they think there's no chance of him being replaced.

Guest Dontooner

yeah alright mate.

Steven Fletcher has scored more goals than Cisse. At some point, you have to look at the players.

Don't know whats your point. No reason for us to be in 15th and below the Mackems at this point in the season. It definitely down to some bad injuries and form but Pardew needs to take some responsibility.

This is related to my last post, and pure speculation, however......I genuinely believe that quite a few people need to actually see this squad managed by someone who encourages positive attacking play and movement before they'll realise he's holding us back. Or, until they'll allow themselves to see that he's holding us back given that they think there's no chance of him being replaced.

I concur.

Guest Dontooner

At this point, Cisse has probably played more games upfront than anywhere else. You know..... his bad form is probably HIS fault.

Him playing right wide?? Wtf?

Guest Dontooner

Yes, he does take some responsibility. Nobody is denying that. But there's other reasons too. Yesterday, we didn't lose because of Alan Pardew.

The rant on Pardew is not on yesterday's game but his poor season .

Do you think Cisse and Gouffran both should have done better with their chances yesterday?

We had 14 shots, 7 on target. Swansea the better side with the much better manager had 10 shots, 7 on target. The one they scored was only because of a massive f*** up from our defenders that you just couldn't account for as a manager.

Both Gouffran and Cisse could have done better but that could be said about every striker who has ever played football at any time and at any level I would guess.

Who has said that Swansea was the better team or that Pardew could have accounted for the goal that they scored?  He could have been more proactive and tried to win the game instead of seemingly being content to take the draw and that might have gone in our favour.  Instead he sat on his hands and we lost the game, a game we should have at least drawn and possibly could have won.

I do think they have a better manager and he’s already ahead of Pardew when you look at trophies won.

We had 14 shots, 7 on target. Swansea the better side with the much better manager had 10 shots, 7 on target. The one they scored was only because of a massive f*** up from our defenders that you just couldn't account for as a manager.

Both Gouffran and Cisse could have done better but that could be said about every striker who has ever played football at any time and at any level I would guess.

Who has said that Swansea was the better team or that Pardew could have accounted for the goal that they scored?  He could have been more proactive and tried to win the game instead of seemingly being content to take the draw and that might have gone in our favour.  Instead he sat on his hands and we lost the game, a game we should have at least drawn and possibly could have won.

I do think they have a better manager and he’s already ahead of Pardew when you look at trophies won.

:thup:

At this point, Cisse has probably played more games upfront than anywhere else. You know..... his bad form is probably HIS fault.

His bad form isn't even that bad, he's just not scoring for fun like last season and he's now more like a normal striker than one who is out of this world.