Alan Pardew

Dave

Jon you seem to be forgetting that we also had one of the league's top scorers until January and were still losing nearly every week - we've actually improved immeasurably (although still not enough) since he left.

How do you explain that if Swansea are 8th just because they have Michu and so don't need depth? Surely when we had Ba, we should have been wining far more than we lost? If Michu got injured, do you think they'd go down? I don't, I think they'd just find different ways to score because they will always create chances due to the way they play.

We lost yesterday because of a defensive fuck up, if Laudrup planned that then fair play, he really is a special manager.

We done enough to win that game, sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Why were we losing every week when we had guaranteed goals from an in-form Ba? That was the question I asked you.

Jon you seem to be forgetting that we also had one of the league's top scorers until January and were still losing nearly every week - we've actually improved immeasurably (although still not enough) since he left.

How do you explain that if Swansea are 8th just because they have Michu and so don't need depth? Surely when we had Ba, we should have been wining far more than we lost? If Michu got injured, do you think they'd go down? I don't, I think they'd just find different ways to score because they will always create chances due to the way they play.

We lost yesterday because of a defensive fuck up, if Laudrup planned that then fair play, he really is a special manager.

We done enough to win that game, sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Why were we losing every week when we had guaranteed goals from an in-form Ba? That was the question I asked you.

Because we had an out of form defence? Do you think we would have lost as many this season is Saylor had been fit throughout?

Pardew does have to take the blame for playing so defensive mind. I can understand his fear of leaving them exposed but we brought far too much pressure playing like that so it was counter-productive.

I hate this "couldn't have done more today" s****. Even if that were true, which it's not, he doesn't just turn up for work on a Saturday afternoon.

It seems to be a very long list of away games that we've "taken positives from" yet failed to win. Why do so many other teams seem very capable of both playing ok and winning the match?

Because their players take the chances that are created for them. Manager's fault like :rolleyes:

So your solution is to buy him even more players?

Agreed, it would be insane to have more than 2 capable strikers. Lets stop throwing players at the bloke! Are people seriously expecting options from the bench? Do we think we are Man City or something!!?

:lol:

Swansea brought on Luke Moore :lol: They've won a cup and are 8th btw.

They also have Michu who has scored about 3 times as many as Cisse, in fact the player they let go in January would be putting up a good fight to start for us right now.

Our forward option (no s) off the bench is Shola Ameobi. Not sure how anyone can seriously say we don't need to buy 'even more' players as if our forward line is already well stocked.

Wayne Routledge is their joint second highest scorer in the league. Outside of Michu, their most prolific striker is Luke Moore who scored his first goal yesterday.

If we need to keep buying players to see results (or goals in this case) then maybe squad depth isn't the issue (it definitely isn't).

We created two really good chances for our forwards yesterday, they didn't take them. Cisse has missed a number of good chances this season also.

How is not having someone else we can bring in not a problem? I like Marveaux but he isn't exactly a goalscorer so we are left with Shola?

You've gone from "we need more strikers" to "strikers aren't even that important" in that post 10 minutes ago. As you've pointed out, other managers can get goals from players other that their main striker so why can Pardy?

Because we don't have a Walcott, Bale, Mata etc.. in the squad? Is Pardew failing because he hasn't managed to get players who have never scored many goals in their careers suddenly putting away as many as the leagues good forwards?

He has certainly managed to get Sissoko chipping in with his fair share, I assume this is another example of a player ignoring Pardew's instructions and doing his own thing though.

Only Walcott, Bale and Mata level players can score goals. I agree with that.

Maybe if we didn't play with 2 defensive midfielders at all times we might create and score more goals? Getting players into the box when a cross comes in would lead to more goals but they can't as they're on the halfway line waiting to do some tackling.

Letting a genuinely creative attacking midfielder in Marveaux on the pitch would also help our attacking prospects but ner how.

Fact is we don't create enough chances in all areas of the game and that is down to the coaching and mindset of the manager.

And the fact a talentless workhorse is playing in a position responsible for creativity.

Guest neesy111

Fact is we don't create enough chances in all areas of the game and that is down to the coaching and mindset of the manager.

And the fact a talentless workhorse is playing in a position responsible for creativity.

:thup:

Get Ben Arfa in RW and I believe we'll see an upturn in the number of chances we create instantly.

Get Ben Arfa in RW and I believe we'll see an upturn in the number of chances we create instantly.

Without doubt :thup:

Without doubt :thup:

Guest Dontooner

Pardew just isn't a tactics person, just accept the fact. He is a motivator and needs help with coaching clearly.

We are in the relegation fight not without a reason.

Time and time again other teams have show us they are capable of better football, look at how Barcelona is disjointed just because their Manager isnt there.

The Manager is the brain of the team if he isn't bright, i would guess the team won't be that far behind.

If your brain isn't functioning what good are you? Pardew needs help with coaching, we have been struggling all year playing as a team.

Couldn't care less how we played, it's another defeat. Our 14th defeat out of 28 games which is the same as "definitely finished" QPR.

Getting results is important and breeds confidence. However, we won't get relegated. So the main thing for me is performance. And the performance was good.

Guest Dontooner

A good yard stick of a Manager's Capability is to compare him with other managers 2 above and 2 below us.

2011/2012

Arsenal - Wenger

Tottenham - Harry

Newcastle

Chelsea - Di Matteo

Everton - Moyes

Current 2012/2013

Norwich - Hughton

Mackems - O Neill

Newcastle

Southampton - Pochettino

Wigan  - Martinez

I actually rate him below O Neill and Fat Sam just because of his second season slump with every teams he has taken. Fat sam might play ugly football but who are we to condemn hm since we have being guilty of that ourselves this season, at least Sam is efficient about the long balls.

No way he is on par with the Managers of the 2011/2012. Which leaves us with a middle league or average Manager.

We created two really good chances for our forwards yesterday, they didn't take them. Cisse has missed a number of good chances this season also.

How is not having someone else we can bring in not a problem? I like Marveaux but he isn't exactly a goalscorer so we are left with Shola?

How many chances do you think Andy Cole and Les Ferdinand needed to get goals?  My guess is that both would have a record of less than a goal for every couple of good chances and both were formidable scorers for us, I wonder why?

We’re not creating enough chances and that it down to how we play and it’s not good enough.

Last year we had two strikers who scored 30 goals between them. This year, one half of that duo has put up similar numbers. The other has not been anywhere to the level of the previous season.

It's not the midfielders not creating. We've always had someone banging them in for 18 months. It's just the individual player.

How many chances do you think Andy Cole and Les Ferdinand needed to get goals?  My guess is that both would have a record of less than a goal for every couple of good chances and both were formidable scorers for us, I wonder why?

We’re not creating enough chances and that it down to how we play and it’s not good enough.

Did we create more chances in the first half of the season when Ba was one of the top scorers in the league?

Is he better than Cole or Ferdinand were?

Couldn't care less how we played, it's another defeat. Our 14th defeat out of 28 games which is the same as "definitely finished" QPR.

Getting results is important and breeds confidence. However, we won't get relegated. So the main thing for me is performance. And the performance was good.

Much better chance of keeping HBA and Cabaye with a surge into the top half showing promise for next season. If they see us standing still even after the January investment, what reason is there for them to stick around?

Did we create more chances in the first half of the season when Ba was one of the top scorers in the league?

Demba was scoring goals but was forcing the team to play badly. Don't you know?

Demba was scoring goals but was forcing the team to play badly. Don't you know?

I don't think HE was forcing the team to play badly. He was doing what he was there to do, if it wasn't working then Pardew should have changed things.

Guest Howaythetoon

Surely not one single person looks at Alan Pardew's CV, how we play, this season etc. and even the performances in the main last season, and sees a good manager?!

Cisse performance away from a win yesterday.

I'm not even sure what that means.

If Cisse played well yesterday, we would've won. Better?

And yet Ba was supposedly playing well for six months and we were losing every week, not managing a single away win when he was here.

Much better chance of keeping HBA and Cabaye with a surge into the top half showing promise for next season. If they see us standing still even after the January investment, what reason is there for them to stick around?

If Manchester United/City/a top club want them, they'll leave regardless. A bad result but a good performance away to Swansea won't change that.

Realistically, Cabaye playing well will result in Cabaye moving to a bigger club unless we are in the CL. And even then that just increases his price tag.

Cisse performance away from a win yesterday.

I'm not even sure what that means.

If Cisse played well yesterday, we would've won. Better?

And yet Ba was supposedly playing well for six months and we were losing every week, not managing a single away win when he was here.

we've never won an away game with Demba Ba in the side?

Footballers can have a period where everything they hit goes in, Cisse was doing it last season.  That doesn't mean that a forward should be expected to score with every chance, or does it?

You seem to think that creating two good chances in a game is good enough yet when we beat Southampton we had the best goals to chances created ratio in the league, that day and it was only 40% which is less than a goal for every 2 chances.