Alan Pardew

Dave

If they have any sense they'll see that finishing 5th was a one off with this manager, and that we'll never get anywhere near that again with Pardew in charge.

How can you come to that conclusion exactly?  How is that fair to say that last season was the one off and this season truly represents his ability? And that it can't possibly be the other way around.

For that reason that's why he needs to stay until at least January, imo

Check his history. You'll see a pattern that reoccurs. It is happening again.

Guest Howaythetoon

If they have any sense they'll see that finishing 5th was a one off with this manager, and that we'll never get anywhere near that again with Pardew in charge.

How can you come to that conclusion exactly?  How is that fair to say that last season was the one off and this season truly represents his ability? And that it can't possibly be the other way around.

If the football you see before your own two eyes does not ram home to you like a fucking rusty nail to the eye just how bad Pardew is, never mind his awful fucking CV, nothing ever will so you may as well just give him an 8 yea.......... shit!

Jan... :lol:

How long do we give him next season? First 10 games? 20? The full season? This season, our performances, him picking the likes of fucking Obertan is the real Alan Pardew, a lower league manager out of his depth.

It's irrelevant "how long we give him" because our opinion doesn't register with the owner. He'll do exactly as he pleases with our club, and that's likely to be sticking with Pardew.

This reality makes it so difficult to support the club/team at the moment because with this squad we all know we could do so much better with a decent coach.

I really think they might bin him, they're not anywhere near as stupid as I thought they were and they'll want to be getting maximum return on a lot of the good work they're doing off the pitch.  They're ruthless too and I'd be surprised if Pardew's contract was worth the paper it was written on, in terms of the implications of sacking him.

Knowing Ashley an 8 year contract pay off for Pardew would cost less than paying any of the previous owners managers off for 6 months worth.  I think it will be this summer unless he wins the Europa cup or Jan if we arent in the top 10 by then.

Me too, Ashley and Llambias are all about value for money etc and I'd imagine they'll be really fucked off about this season, regardless of their own dallying last summer.

He gets paid up a year of his contract.

Aye, that's what people seem to be saying.  £1m or whatever seems like a fucking bargain at the minute. :lol:

The thing that does cross my mind sometimes is if we somehow managed to win the Europa League then I'd have to get a tattoo of Pardew's face on my chest or something, I place so much value on winning a trophy after 40-odd years of under-achievement and it feel like the ultimate irony if a manager that I've never really taken to (other than giving him credit here and there for good results, etc) was the one that delivered it for us. :lol:

was just wondering what the Pardew Haters would do if we won the Europa :lol:

:lol: Would be funny like, I'd have to do a U-Turn and start writing the daft cunt love letters or something.  If he manages that then I'd be so happy it would probably buy him another 5 seasons of playing fucking dreadful football without me even complaining. :lol:

How long do we give him next season? First 10 games? 20? The full season? This season, our performances, him picking the likes of fucking Obertan is the real Alan Pardew, a lower league manager out of his depth.

It's irrelevant "how long we give him" because our opinion doesn't register with the owner. He'll do exactly as he pleases with our club, and that's likely to be sticking with Pardew.

This reality makes it so difficult to support the club/team at the moment because with this squad we all know we could do so much better with a decent coach.

I really think they might bin him, they're not anywhere near as stupid as I thought they were and they'll want to be getting maximum return on a lot of the good work they're doing off the pitch.  They're ruthless too and I'd be surprised if Pardew's contract was worth the paper it was written on, in terms of the implications of sacking him.

Knowing Ashley an 8 year contract pay off for Pardew would cost less than paying any of the previous owners managers off for 6 months worth.  I think it will be this summer unless he wins the Europa cup or Jan if we arent in the top 10 by then.

Me too, Ashley and Llambias are all about value for money etc and I'd imagine they'll be really fucked off about this season, regardless of their own dallying last summer.

Aye, that's what people seem to be saying.  £1m or whatever seems like a fucking bargain at the minute. :lol:

The thing that does cross my mind sometimes is if we somehow managed to win the Europa League then I'd have to get a tattoo of Pardew's face on my chest or something, I place so much value on winning a trophy after 40-odd years of under-achievement and it feel like the ultimate irony if a manager that I've never really taken to (other than giving him credit here and there for good results, etc) was the one that delivered it for us. :lol:

What is more likely. Relegation or winning the Europa? Perhaps both.

Guest Howaythetoon

How long do we give him next season? First 10 games? 20? The full season? This season, our performances, him picking the likes of f***ing Obertan is the real Alan Pardew, a lower league manager out of his depth.

Me too, Ashley and Llambias are all about value for money etc and I'd imagine they'll be really f***ed off about this season, regardless of their own dallying last summer.

Aye, that's what people seem to be saying.  £1m or whatever seems like a f***ing bargain at the minute. :lol:

I'd probably do a...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbqg5q5V6l1riuh2bo1_400.gif

Guest palnese

We were not very good last season, and had an absolute shitload of luck/margins going our way. I think that was the perfect season, where pretty much everything went our way.

This year:

-No attacking gameplan.

-Shit scared of every team in the league.

-Negative approach to the game.

-Excuses right, left and centre.

-The luck we had last year has left us.

-We're yet to play a good game this season imo.

I feel he's holding us back, and I've no faith in him to change things around.

Guest neesy111

Our away record this season will go down as one of the worst in our history and PL history as well.  Absolutely pathetic the way we've played away from home.

Guest fraser

Like many of us, I've watched some appalling Newcastle teams over the years (some great ones too) but I have been almost consistently disappointed this season; not so much in the quality of player we have (which I think is pretty good) but in the way in which we play. Whether last season's relative success raised my expectations I'm not sure but even then I thought that we got away with a lot of results, Blackburn away in the league sticks in my mind as a good example.

Today was terrible. City have only dismantled Villa as they did us today this season.

I see teams whose players are of a similar standard to ours, or not quite as good, simply playing better. Teams in and around our position in the league seem to present more problems to teams of obviously better quality than them, by and large.

In respect of the manager I am reminded of the saying that one swallow does not a summer make. Last season was a single swallow.

If the football you see before your own two eyes does not ram home to you like a f***ing rusty nail to the eye just how bad Pardew is, never mind his awful f***ing CV, nothing ever will so you may as well just give him an 8 yea.......... s***!

Jan... :lol:

So why exactly would you get rid of a manager sooner than that?  This season has just about exposed every one of the squads short-comings and lets not forget Pardew is responsible for our best finish in donkeys, has the respect of everyone at the club but according to you shouldn't be allowed the chance to address it properly?? 

You're the biggest diva on this place man, he's worst than Souness, really?? Won't let your son follow Newcastle because of this season? FFS, that's truly pathetic. 

Guest neesy111

Hand on heart I don't think either will happen tbh, I think we'll go out next round and manage to get 40 or so points and stay up.  Same problems will remain.

Same.  Status Quo.

We were not very good last season, and had an absolute shitload of luck/margins going our way. I think that was the perfect season, where pretty much everything went our way.

This year:

-No attacking gameplan.

I have never been a Pardew hater but I will be suprised if we spring back next season IF we stay up. I think we have had a season of 2 halfs, the first half was bad luck , injuries, no squad depth and I didn`t blame Pardew. The second half he has got into a panic and continued to bottle it every match, making each match after more and more serious and cagey. This has minced his brain and the players, proving he hasn`t got what it takes. He could have us finishing 5th next season if everything was rosey but the second things get difficult again we would drop like stone again.

Hand on heart I don't think either will happen tbh, I think we'll go out next round and manage to get 40 or so points and stay up.  Same problems will remain.

I agree. But just think relegation would surprise me less.

Guest fraser

Would winning a cup make him a good manager?

Sing a song about it in Derby next season.

This year:

-No attacking gameplan.

We had an awful lot of luck with injuries last season which meant we had great contonuity with very little change to the team. Winning breeds confidence as well, regardless of performance.

Guest bimpy474

Didn't make Alex McLeish one.

it would make him our most successful for over 40 years, I could live with it.

Guest bimpy474

I'd give him praise and tell him well done. And then punch him in the willy for the state of our league form and position.

it would make him our most successful for over 40 years, I could live with it.

It isn't going to happen anyway, we'll go out this round.

tbh I think thats probably true.