Alan Pardew

Dave

Needs to go at the end of the season if someone better is willing to take the job, which is unlikely.

Beggars belief this like. Our recruitment is the envy of the all the teams in the league that aren't mega rich. We absolutely could attract a better  manager than Alan Pardew man, without a doubt.

I've no faith in this lot whatsoever to bring in anyone up to the job.

It may be a completely baseless opinion but I really do think they would prefer to work with a British manager and we would therefore be stuck with another Pardew clone.

I cannot imagine them going out onto the continent and picking up a Laudrop, but I hope I'm wrong.

We do it now with players so I really believe that we could with a manager too.

Wow you actually have faith that they would replace pardew. his management style is the same as their business model play uber safe and try and get the maximum out. He is going nowhere, infact I fully expect him to be out manager in September regardless or what league we are in.

Guest Dontooner

Need to get to safety soon, hate to be handed a "i told you so" by Wullie at the end of the season even if we would have won the europa which i much rather lose and stay in the EPL.

MA is very unpredictable. It's not written in stone that he won't ditch Pard. They've come upto speed very quickly on bringing talent in way below market prices and sooner or later they'll be looking at managers.

It depends what the criteria for a new manager is. In the past it's been who's the cheapest.

The recruitment procedure would be no different to the way we procure players. Look to pay little and get those who outperform their fee.

Last year they'll have assumed they had acheived the same with Pardew tbh, hence the big contract.

MA is very unpredictable. It's not written in stone that he won't ditch Pard. They've come upto speed very quickly on bringing talent in way below market prices and sooner or later they'll be looking at managers.

I am of this opinion too so I think there is hope.

It depends what the criteria for a new manager is. In the past it's been who's the cheapest.

The recruitment procedure would be no different to the way we procure players. Look to pay little and get those who outperform their fee.

Last year they'll have assumed they had acheived the same with Pardew tbh, hence the big contract.

Should get Graham Carr to scout them a manager.

Needs to go at the end of the season if someone better is willing to take the job, which is unlikely.

Beggars belief this like. Our recruitment is the envy of the all the teams in the league that aren't mega rich. We absolutely could attract a better  manager than Alan Pardew man, without a doubt.

It may be a completely baseless opinion but I really do think they would prefer to work with a British manager and we would therefore be stuck with another Pardew clone.

I cannot imagine them going out onto the continent and picking up a Laudrop, but I hope I'm wrong.

Obviously they got massively burnt with Keegan and adjusted their outlook. We need to hope that desire to improve overcomes their fear of another catastrophe.

He doesn't really mix with the players though.

I imagine he has regular contact with the rest of the top staff and he comes across as someone who would prefer one of the lads in those positions.

I am of this opinion too so I think there is hope.

Yeah me too, I honestly think we might move him on.

Guest Slippery Sam

Genuinely think talk of him being replaced is laughable. If this season is repeated then there's a slight possibility we'll make a change but otherwise he's here for the long term. His ambitions match those of the club perfectly; pushing this 'punching above our weight' agenda all the time. We can't compete and we don't.

The worrying thing for me is that the new players are making less of an impact with every game we play. Was there a honeymoon period?

The 'honeymoon period' was when the new players couldn't understand what he was saying so did what they thought a football team was supposed to do.  Now they can understand what he's telling them......

I think he'll survive into next season regardless, but we'll have to start well for him to keep the job. Llambias - the well known bastion of truth and integrity - said everyone is entitled to one bad season, this is most definitely Pardew's. Anything more and they'll get rid.

Just as an addendum: as of today only Reading have lost more games than us and we've now conceded more goals away from home than anyone else. It's been a travesty of a season in the league and the buck stops with the manager.

I think he'll survive into next season regardless, but we'll have to start well for him to keep the job. Llambias - the well known bastion of truth and integrity - said everyone is entitled to one bad season, this is most definitely Pardew's. Anything more and they'll get rid.

Just as an addendum: as of today only Reading have lost more games than us and we've now conceded more goals away from home than anyone else. It's been a travesty of a season in the league and the buck stops with the manager.

Abysmal couple of stats, like. Shame nobody's prepared to actually pull him on it.

I don't think we are giving Ashley enough credit for his intelligence.  Even in football terms.

I believe he knows now that Pardew may not be the answer anymore.

although I rate Ashley higher than most people, I still don't believe he will pull the trigger until December.  I feel he's willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Me personally I'd pull the trigger as soon as the last whistle blows at the end of this season.

Guest Dontooner

Genuinely think talk of him being replaced is laughable. If this season is repeated then there's a slight possibility we'll make a change but otherwise he's here for the long term. His ambitions match those of the club perfectly; pushing this 'punching above our weight' agenda all the time. We can't compete and we don't.

The worrying thing for me is that the new players are making less of an impact with every game we play. Was there a honeymoon period?

The 'honeymoon period' was when the new players couldn't understand what he was saying so did what they thought a football team was supposed to do.  Now they can understand what he's telling them......

Funny this should be joke and many should laugh at it....

But its reality, how scary What a fruit cake of a manager can break talented players and still make them like him..

The players are falling for the same trap as a lot of supporters: that there can only be one game a week and if you're scheduled to play two, you have to throw one of them.

I guess we will see on Thursday if that's true. Personally I would be shocked I we are playing any better then.

The players are falling for the same trap as a lot of supporters: that there can only be one game a week and if you're scheduled to play two, you have to throw one of them.

You wonder what some of the new players are thinking, they look like all of the positivity has been sucked out of them already.

Absolutely. Giving Pardew the opportunity to coach them and instil his negative values has been a massive mistake.

Gouffran and Sissoko, you wouldn't believe it was the same humans as two months ago.

Guest Dontooner

tbh at the current form, think we will go on to lose badly thursday and Pardew will start mumbling about scrambling to safety was always 1st priority.

Putting hopes on Pardew is like hoping the Cyprus government might do a U turn and wont take 60% of your deposit money in banks. Its a lost cause.

Pardew's been abysmal this season, no question.

But all this "greatest squad since Bobby"... im less sure of, reckon some of our players are overrated on here. Most of our players have major deficiencies. Krul can't kick. Santon can't defend. Tiote gets caught on the ball. Ben Arfa is always injured. Marveaux is hit and miss. Cisse doesn't understand offside. Cabaye gets depressed.

And thats our good players.

In conclusion, everything is bad.