Alan Pardew

Dave

Suggesting Gazza is the ultimate WUM. The guy barely knows what day of the week it is let a lone how to manage a large top flight club.

We've stuck with Pardew so as long as he keeps us up (preferably in comfortable fashion) then I can live with him a bit longer, but I'm worried that all season we have played turd and had turd results. There has been the odd glimmer of hope but it seems to evaporate as quickly as it turns up. The Man City game was hardly a surprise, top 4 sides do tend to wallop sides in the bottom half at home each week.

I'd like to stick with an English manager but I don't see Pardew long term for us anymore. We need someone who has the courage and can assemble enough quality in our coaching to use the players we have to the best of their abilities. A manager is supposed to get his side capable of being more than the sum of it's components. We see this in many sides around us and above us with far less talented players yet having more points/goal difference than us. Pardew has some real gems in our squad and is serving worse than they should achieve. He deserved a season after last one, but he has to get it right and push on next year. If the right manager was available, I wouldn't be that bothered if we got rid in the summer and started with someone of the calibre to make use of the players we have, but not sure if we can even get that type of manager. If we did it would be more down to luck.

Guest bimpy474

I think the last six months has told us all we need to know about Pardew and his ability.

Matters not if Ashley and Lambarse think he's the man, he aint going nowhere for now.

Should we give Pardew times seems to be the question? How long does it take to work out that Shola Ameobi and Gabriel Obertan should be out of this club immediately. Shane Fergsuon is a better player than many at the club yet is out on loan to cover the manager's incompetence in Europe this season. Tiote should not be looked upon as the guy to pick the ball up off the back four and be the playmaker. Danny Simpson is garbage. When Hatem Ben Arfa has been out with a hamstring injury it isn't advisable to throw him back in as a centre forward on an astro pitch in freezing cold temperatures. I could go on and on but really can't be bothered. Pardew is an amateur. If Ashley had one of his managers at Sports Direct managing like Pardew or had staff performing to the level of Ameobi or Obertan they'd have been long gone.

Are you the guy who said we should appoint gazza?

Didn't say we should appoint Gazza. I said I would take Gazza ahead of Pardew and believe me I'd take anyone ahead of Pardew. You'd have to be a complete baffoon not to be able to do better than Pardew with this squad of players.

Do you work for the press by any chance? You seem quite good at twisting quotes to suit yourself.

You said you would 'quite happily appoint gazza'. Which makes it difficult to take anything you ever say again seriously.

Twisting quotes again. You've missed out the word 'if'. Must be The Sun or Mirror you're with.

How does the word 'if' make what you are saying ant less mental?

ant less mental??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Typo. So, gazza. You would happily appoint him 'if' pards was sacked. Is this what you're saying?

Guest hobshobs

Should we give Pardew times seems to be the question? How long does it take to work out that Shola Ameobi and Gabriel Obertan should be out of this club immediately. Shane Fergsuon is a better player than many at the club yet is out on loan to cover the manager's incompetence in Europe this season. Tiote should not be looked upon as the guy to pick the ball up off the back four and be the playmaker. Danny Simpson is garbage. When Hatem Ben Arfa has been out with a hamstring injury it isn't advisable to throw him back in as a centre forward on an astro pitch in freezing cold temperatures. I could go on and on but really can't be bothered. Pardew is an amateur. If Ashley had one of his managers at Sports Direct managing like Pardew or had staff performing to the level of Ameobi or Obertan they'd have been long gone.

Didn't say we should appoint Gazza. I said I would take Gazza ahead of Pardew and believe me I'd take anyone ahead of Pardew. You'd have to be a complete baffoon not to be able to do better than Pardew with this squad of players.

Do you work for the press by any chance? You seem quite good at twisting quotes to suit yourself.

You said you would 'quite happily appoint gazza'. Which makes it difficult to take anything you ever say again seriously.

Twisting quotes again. You've missed out the word 'if'. Must be The Sun or Mirror you're with.

That's your mum shouting. It's bedtime.

Typo. So, gazza. You would happily appoint him 'if' pards was sacked. Is this what you're saying?

Should we give Pardew times seems to be the question? How long does it take to work out that Shola Ameobi and Gabriel Obertan should be out of this club immediately.

How often do they play? and when they have why was it?

Shane Fergsuon is a better player than many at the club yet is out on loan to cover the manager's incompetence in Europe this season.

Most would agree he needed a loan, no idea what the Europe comment is about.

Tiote should not be looked upon as the guy to pick the ball up off the back four and be the playmaker.

Tiote tries too much often when there is a lot easier pass, I doubt he has been told to do this but we can't really prove this either way.

Danny Simpson is garbage.

Has been dropped as soon as we had a better player, same as Williamson

When Hatem Ben Arfa has been out with a hamstring injury it isn't advisable to throw him back in as a centre forward on an astro pitch in freezing cold temperatures.

I will refrain from getting into this argument again.

I could go and on but really can't be bothered. Pardew is an amateur. If Ashley had one of his managers at Sports Direct managing like Pardew or had staff performing to the level of Ameobi or Obertan they'd have been long gone.

So, effectively, you agree with me in part.

Effectively, if you ignore the fact I questioned all the points you put forward.

Guest bimpy474

I think he's generalising anyone decent would be better, using Gazza to make his point was rather erm......daft.

Tbh its not about the players Pardew has it his disposal. ( as the majority of them have been injured) Its about the fact he can't get results with players who more than good enough to be comfortable mid table at this stage, its also about that he is seemingly incapable of getting the team to work as a team.

I know we have had injuries but that is no excuse for where we lie in the table, as the players who have been there pretty much week in week out should be good enough to get the job done to lead around a 12th place finish and comfortably so.

Who knows we still might but we shouldn't be anywhere near this mess and i'm rather confident that many managers could have steered us away from danger and beyond 40 points by now.

Not sure I buy into this like, we've had a few bad spells for injuries but he started moaning about it before he'd even had more than 2 or 3 players out.

Could quite easily dig up 10+ teamsheets where we've had a very good side out and still managed to lose/draw the game.

Guest hobshobs

I think he's generalising anyone decent would be better, using Gazza to make his point was rather erm......daft.

Correct and accepted.

I just wanted him to confirm it for the whole board to see.

Guest hobshobs

I hear you're mummy shouting. Time for beddy byes.

Guest bimpy474

I noticed that Ell :lol:

You've already made this post; it was shit then.

Mature. Well done for proving to have zero worth to the boards.

Guest hobshobs

Him? Why do you assume me to be a male Mr. ElliottMAN.

Guest bimpy474

Now come on guys.......i say this as someone justly banned for abusing Elliotman (sorry again E) :lol:

Shut the fuck up

The injury problem is exacerbated by how much he utterly depends on key players.

First it was that we couldn't win with Taylor out then he was back but we still couldn't win with Cabaye out then he's back but oh Coloccini's out so we'll have to wait for him too and so on and so forth all season long.

Can't believe people fall for it tbh. If a manager is good enough, they'll find enough to get by. Arsenal have lost players like Wilshere, Diaby, Ramsey, Eduardo etc for the best part of two years at a time yet have qualified for 16 CL campaigns in a row - we lose Cabaye for a month and it's write the fixtures off and hope no-one else is out next month.

Pig sick of hearing it. We used to sling Ramage, Huntington, Pattison and Edgar all on at the same time, now when we have to use our big summer signing from Ajax it's considered panic stations. :lol:

Shut the fuck up

:lol: :lol:

Shut the fuck up

That's SEMTEX for you, hates women.