Alan Pardew

Dave

The squad is very unbalanced though imo.

In what way?

I agree with Interpolic. Certainly in the wide forward position we're lacking with Ben Arfa out. Other than that?

Back four and centre midfield are top ten, our options in last 3rd are terrible though. If Ben Arfa is fit then we look decent up there but have no viable alternative to Cisse, Sissokho not really a number 10, Marveux is not a winger, Obertan and Jonas also terrible wingers meaning we have no width

our options on either side of midfield are verging on pathetic.  Been an issue for a few years now but we kept going and signing centre mids.

We have more than enough centre midfielders if we get the right players on flanks and in front of centre mid. If we have wingers with good movement we would look a lot better, also need a not-shola option up front to come on. Would be happy with a hard working striker with pace to put pressure on teams and close them down.

Minimum required in summer are 2 wingers and striker, nice to have another centre half.

Guest neesy111

In what way?

I agree with Interpolic. Certainly in the wide forward position we're lacking with Ben Arfa out. Other than that?

With the options Interpolic said.  No wonder why we are struggling to score and create chances as that is where we need the most options imo.  Having Shola as backup to Cisse is a farce.

What I'm finding extremely tedious on this thread is that if you criticise Pardew for legitimate reasons (WE ARE FUCKING THREE POINTS OFF RELEGATION FFS) It's turned into some sort or ridicule along the lines of "HAHAH YEAH HE TELLS TIOTE TO PLAY SHIT". Its boring as fuck now, and this whole he got us 5th last season thing? so what, we aren't fifth now, we are three points off relegation with a young exciting and very good team (cue the "are these players as good as we say they are).

End of the day, there is no excuse for this season, absolutely nothing. Its really that simple.

It happens on both sides tbf, the difference is I can fully understand the boring hysteria of the "KILL PARDS" crew, they're just passionate about their club to the extent that it retards them.

The "LEAVE PARDS ALONE" lot are baffling though, at the very least you have to accept that Pardew isn't the best man for the job and the club could be light years better off if they went with another man.t hat isn't even debatable imo, he's an average manager in charge of a club that should be battling for the top 4 every season.

Since when?

Not saying it shouldn't be an obvious aim, and maybe we're in a decent position to build towards having another tilt at it, but to expect that is a bit rich. Historically as a club we'd struggle to average top 8 to 10 consistently, nevermind top 4.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

I'm new here, but isn't it traditional to wait untill we actually lose before before these arguments begin again?

In what way?

With the options Interpolic said.  No wonder why we are struggling to score and create chances as that is where we need the most options imo.  Having Shola as backup to Cisse is a farce.

:sadnod:

Even with Ben Arfa out we have a possible front 6 from Cisse, Gouffran, Marv, Sissoko, Cabaye, Anita, Jonas, Tiote.

I think someone could do something with that.

You would expect we could at least pressure teams and retain the ball with that. Not a great deal of attacking intent or ability to push forward there though, Gouffran and Marv maybe if we went 4-3-3 and drop Sissokho in with Cabaye and Tiote holding behind - slight tweak of formation but would push two wingers further forward and balance out by dropping Sissokho slightly back

What I'm finding extremely tedious on this thread is that if you criticise Pardew for legitimate reasons (WE ARE FUCKING THREE POINTS OFF RELEGATION FFS) It's turned into some sort or ridicule along the lines of "HAHAH YEAH HE TELLS TIOTE TO PLAY SHIT". Its boring as fuck now, and this whole he got us 5th last season thing? so what, we aren't fifth now, we are three points off relegation with a young exciting and very good team (cue the "are these players as good as we say they are).

End of the day, there is no excuse for this season, absolutely nothing. Its really that simple.

It happens on both sides tbf, the difference is I can fully understand the boring hysteria of the "KILL PARDS" crew, they're just passionate about their club to the extent that it retards them.

The "LEAVE PARDS ALONE" lot are baffling though, at the very least you have to accept that Pardew isn't the best man for the job and the club could be light years better off if they went with another man.t hat isn't even debatable imo, he's an average manager in charge of a club that should be battling for the top 4 every season.

Since when?

Not saying it shouldn't be an obvious aim, and maybe we're in a decent position to build towards having another tilt at it, but to expect that is a bit rich. Historically as a club we'd struggle to average top 8 consistently, nevermind top 4.

I don't mean finish top 4, but at least challenge.

Historically we've never been there for many reasons, when we've been backed and have had a decent manager at the helm though we've nearly won the fucking league on 2 or 3 occasions.

a club that should be battling for the top 4 every season.

And before anyone says anything here, a couple of years ago this was different as it appeared that we were an unattractive club who players didn't want to be 100 miles of with an owner who was unwilling invest/was just going to pocket the cash etc. That simply isn't the case at all now.

bit of a way to go before you can call us a club that should be battling for the top 4 every season with the sides all battling for it atm

a club that should be battling for the top 4 every season.

And before anyone says anything here, a couple of years ago this was different as it appeared that we were an unattractive club who players didn't want to be 100 miles of with an owner who was unwilling invest/was just going to pocket the cash etc. That simply isn't the case at all now.

bit of a way to go before you can call us a club that should be battling for the top 4 every season with the sides all battling for it atm

Yeah, because they all have top managers.

How good are the players then Disco? Worse than Southampton? Villa? Norwich? Stoke?

Presumably you think we need to jettison Graham Carr too as he's the one primarily responsible for bringing them in?

And there we go again. When I have ever suggested we do this? I didn't say the players weren't good, just maybe not as good as everyone seems to build them up to be. If they were, we wouldn't be 15/16th or whatever we are.

In what way?

It is but Suarez was Liverpool's only striker all season until they signed Sturridge. Cisse is fit, playing well and scoring so whoever we bought as back up wouldn't be starting anyway. It's a red herring. Yes it's a position that needs strengthening in the summer but not something that affects us too much right this second.

Only one wing is an issue at present, unless you think we've bought a dud with Gouffran. So again we're back to being 100% reliant on Ben Arfa.

Some decent passing football would be nice. :(

It should be possible with a bit of coaching. Anita, Cabaye and Marveux should be capable of retaining the ball. The problem is we don't pass in patterns, teams like Swansea have players coming to pick up the ball. We wait for it to come to us. We don't play in triangles and often when a player receives a pass he doesn't have a angle to play on to. It comes from coaching in my opinion and it appears very little coaching is done to be honest because it isn't showing

Guest neesy111

In what way?

It is but Suarez was Liverpool's only striker all season until they signed Sturridge. Cisse is fit, playing well and scoring so whoever we bought as back up wouldn't be starting anyway. It's a red herring. Yes it's a position that needs strengthening in the summer but not something that affects us too much right this second.

Only one wing is an issue at present, unless you think we've bought a dud with Gouffran. So again we're back to being 100% reliant on Ben Arfa.

Cisse and Suarez are completely different footballers.

How good are the players then Disco? Worse than Southampton? Villa? Norwich? Stoke?

Presumably you think we need to jettison Graham Carr too as he's the one primarily responsible for bringing them in?

And there we go again.

Forget it then. You've become worse than Stu for not offering an opinion but being happy to pour scorn on that of others.

In what way?

What an utterly irrelevant post, nice one.

In what way?

Yip, Cisse relies on early passes to match his good movement, Suarez can do something with just about any ball because of his pace, first touch and tempo in posession

Guest TheGreatBeardo

I'm new here, but isn't it traditional to wait untill we actually lose before before these arguments begin again?

We lost 2 days ago.

We lost 2 days ago against a very good side, away from home, largely due to individual errors, in the first leg of the QF of a major european competition, whilst creating some very good chances which we were unfortunate not to convert, without a number of important players. I don't see how it's relevant to the "this team should be challenging for 4th and it's all Pardew's fault we're not" argument.