Alan Pardew

Dave

Any post match quotes?

"It was a magnificent effort," Pardew said. "It was important to our fans and we showed how important it is to us. An hour with 10 men, we couldn't hold on to the lead, if we did it would have been one of the greatest victories here ever.

"We were the better team before the sending off. At first, I didn't think it was that bad, but looking at it again, I can't have too many complaints."

Obertan for Hatem was f***ing daft, Ba was blatantly flagging after some hard, hard graft on his own and needed to go off.

I presume the idea was for Obertan to use his pace to exploit their high-line. Obertan, however, showed no attacking intent whatsoever.

All he did was play everyone onside for their goal...

Guest bimpy474

Obertan for Hatem was f***ing daft, Ba was blatantly flagging after some hard, hard graft on his own and needed to go off.

I presume the idea was for Obertan to use his pace to exploit their high-line. Obertan, however, showed no attacking intent whatsoever.

All he did was play everyone onside for their goal...

Offside doesn't work that way anymore.

Ignoring the result, we have been awful all season long and hoofing clearly is not working we need to sort it out.

Our points total at the moment is simply not good enough, just so poor.

We've been poor but I fully expect us to pick up with Krul, Colo and Saylor back, that's the heart of our team right there.

Ignoring the result, we have been awful all season long and hoofing clearly is not working we need to sort it out.

We've been poor but I fully expect us to pick up with Krul, Colo and Saylor back, that's the heart of our team right there.

I do agree but at the same time we are struggling to create anything and Krul, Colo and Saylor won't help in that regard.

I'm really concerned with the lack of midfield control and chance creating at the moment.

Tough game next weekend, a fixture we lost last season against a team who have started the season really confidently. Then it's Anfield, on the telly. :undecided:

Think the next two games are good on paper to be honest, WBA should give us a good game and hopefully will start to bring the best out of us.

Had his side up for it and we defended like heroes. Can't really fault his subs but sadly there was a clown in his starting side who let everyone down.

I do agree but at the same time we are struggling to create anything and Krul, Colo and Saylor won't help in that regard.

I'm really concerned with the lack of midfield control and chance creating at the moment.

the defenders will not only restrict chances but will help with retaining possession and playing through midfield, Krul wins us matches.

Guest palnese

We'd have won it with ease with eleven men. Playing 10 vs 11 for an hour was always going to make this a difficult task. 1 point is a very decent return from games like this, where style of play doesn't really matter.

Had his side up for it and we defended like heroes. Can't really fault his subs but sadly there was a clown in his starting side who let everyone down.

Actually I thought his decision to not change a completely shagged Ba was risky, we needed some fresh legs up there but I thought he was spot on apart from that.

4-4-2 was wrong, starting Shola was wrong, taking Shola off was 50/50 as I can see the reason behind it.  Taking Coloccini is another 50/50 so I wouldn't complain about that too much.  Bringing on Obertan when Ba should have gone off for Cisse is another one he got wrong.  He needs to up his game because he's not having a positive impact on us and hasn't all season.  It looked as if our fresh legs which Obertan provided were to help out at the back rather then to try and do something in the mackem half, if we needed fresh legs at the back then maybe Anita would have been a better choice.

I think we were the better team when 11 v 11 but apart from the well worked goal, we were hoofing the ball and losing possession, something which we did for most of the 90 minutes.

On his BBC interview he says he thinks were 'back' today before the red card.

First 25 minutes was the best we've been all season by a country mile.

Cant fault him or any of our players today. The only person who let us down was Martin Atkinson- what a disgrace he is, gave us nothing all day.

I thought Pards got it spot on with bringing on Perch, although I was a tad disappointed he didn't start. My only gripe was replacing Ben Arfa?

That last line is killer man.

"We're suddenly in the top 8 or 9, and that's where we want to be".

Not having a pop at him for saying it, but it's a sad truth that for this season: that is our genuine aim. What a depressing aim in turns of our league aspirations.

the defenders will not only restrict chances but will help with retaining possession and playing through midfield, Krul wins us matches.

Aye true :thup:

Not having a pop at him for saying it, but it's a sad truth that for this season: that is our genuine aim. What a depressing aim in turns of our league aspirations.

I think we need to realise that we overachieved last season and top half is more of a truer reflection of the club, as opposed to top six.

I think we need to realise that we overachieved last season and top half is more of a truer reflection of the club, as opposed to top six.

I don't think it is at all. Not when you look at some of the players we've got at our disposal. Pardew's the problem for us at the moment as he's not playing to the team's strengths.