Alan Pardew

Dave

How can you finish fifth with four "top six" players in the entire squad, one of whom didn't play until December and the only striker didn't score for three months?

Just seems to me to be a desperate way to defend Pardew again - the idea that Cisse wouldn't get in the Arsenal team or the Spurs team (or presumably the Everton team seeing as we've apparently been dumped out of the top six) for example is just astonishing.

Guest Chubby Jason

Cabaye wouldn't get into a Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City side. I think Tiote would be a solution to many of Man United's problems despite his poor use of the ball.

We're not playing to our players strengths and they don't seem motivated enough. If we were playing hoofball because we had Stoke's squads fair enough (though good god I'd want to hang myself) but we aren't, it's mystifying. I'm starting to think he's got the training all wrong and the more the squad train the worse at passing it they're getting or something

Cabaye wouldn't get into a Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City side. I think Tiote would be a solution to many of Man United's problems despite his poor use of the ball.

I've said it 100 times: If Tiote was a Man U player he'd start 8 games a season at most.

Guest Chubby Jason

I've said it 100 times: If Tiote was a Man U player he'd start 8 games a season at most.

Well he's no Lee Bowyer that's for sure.

Aye, he'd be suspended or injured for the rest of them.

He's quite simply one of the most over rated NUFC players I've ever known. He's a good player but we're the best side he's likely to ever play for.

Still on with that rubbish? :lol:

He's quite simply one of the most over rated NUFC players I've ever known. He's a good player but we're the best side he's likely to ever play for.

Aye. I think there's a chance a 'big' club could panic and get him but he won't last long there.

I am a fan of Pardew but this season has been puzzling - I am not annoyed or angry just mystified. He is clearly trying new things and tweaking our formation every week - this is not entirely a bad thiing, but it isn't good either. I see that there is a lot of criticism about the players in this thread but I think we have a pretty good set of players right now and it's down to Pardew how inconsistant and poor most of them have been this season. Shola had a crap game today and it was entirely Pardew's fault for putting him out on the wing and trying something different well beyond his capabilities. Simpson had a poor game and was at fault for the goal but he had it all to do on the right as Shola did little to help him as an outlet and instead spent most of the time on a quiet stroll with WBA's LB. HBA was inconsistant today and this was because he was constantly adating to changes clearly made by Pardew. Play left wing, now start cutting inside more, now play on the right... meanwhile the rest of the team also has to adjust. As I mentioned in the match thread the changes he made in subs and formation were better but caused all sorts of chaos and it took time for the team to adapt. During that time they were running into eachother and trying to anticipate everyone's new roles but getting it wrong half the time and giving away possession. It was a mess.

I would say the players coped well to what was clearly a confusing day at the office thanks to the boss.

Starting Shola mind as a wide man was little short of baffling. Fair enough start the big man, but as a player he can only play in one position and it ain't as a winger.

Guest Chubby Jason

Still on with that rubbish? :lol:

ADMIT IT! Bowyer4Eva1985 will resurface eventually, learn a lesson from the Jimmy Saville saga.

Tiote does not pass the ball quick enough to be a Man U player, sure he would do a great job off the ball but on the ball i'm not sure he's good enough for what they require.

As for the whole top 6 thing.... i genuinely believe we have a top 6 team the issue at the moment is the manager is using what he has incorrectly.

Is there 6 better XI's than this?

Krul

Simpson Saylor Colo Santon

Tiote

Cabaye Jonas

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

I don't believe so.