Alan Pardew

Dave

My point was that if a player plays twice a week, all things being equal, he's not going to be as fit coming into the next game as an opponent who has had a week's rest. Hence managers, when they can, rotate their players to keep them fresh.

Some posters were dismissing the 'tiredness' claim on the grounds that these were professional athletes who could be expected to play twice a week. I was simply pointing out that it's widely recognised that potential for tiredness is a factor that the best managers have to take into account. I wasn't saying that we had rotated any more or less than any other team.

This is another thing about Pardew's excuses. They contradict each other. One week he uses the injury problems as an excuse, the next he uses the tiredness excuse (when said players should be fresher than anybody because they've barely fucking played).

It's actually comical. The top managers like Wenger and Fergie come up with shite after matches to take the attention away from the players and place it on themselves. Pardew does it try and mask and hide is own failures and place it on anybody/anything possible. The total shyster.

Didn't he say after one of the Benfica games that half the players were tired after Thursday and the other half were rusty because they hadn't played on Thursday? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

This is another thing about Pardew's excuses. They contradict each other. One week he uses the injury problems as an excuse, the next he uses the tiredness excuse (when said players should be fresher than anybody because they've barely f***ing played).

It's actually comical. The top managers like Wenger and Fergie come up with s**** after matches to take the attention away from the players and place it on themselves. Pardew does it try and mask and hide is own failures and place it on anybody/anything possible. The total shyster.

The bit in bold really does my head in, not only does he think we're so thick we'll fall for it, we're also so thick that he can tell us complete opposites and fall for it.  The best one was the Mick Lowes interview after the mackem defeat, he claimed that the players were tired then when Lowes pointed out that 5 players hadn't played in Europe he said they weren't up to speed.

And People like Happy Face fall for this shite.  :lol:

This is another thing about Pardew's excuses. They contradict each other. One week he uses the injury problems as an excuse, the next he uses the tiredness excuse (when said players should be fresher than anybody because they've barely f***ing played).

It's actually comical. The top managers like Wenger and Fergie come up with s**** after matches to take the attention away from the players and place it on themselves. Pardew does it try and mask and hide is own failures and place it on anybody/anything possible. The total shyster.

Didn't he say after one of the Benfica games that half the players were tired after Thursday and the other half were rusty because they hadn't played on Thursday? :lol:

I'm sure it was after the derby defeat, it was in the same interview.  :lol:

My point was that if a player plays twice a week, all things being equal, he's not going to be as fit coming into the next game as an opponent who has had a week's rest. Hence managers, when they can, rotate their players to keep them fresh.

Some posters were dismissing the 'tiredness' claim on the grounds that these were professional athletes who could be expected to play twice a week. I was simply pointing out that it's widely recognised that potential for tiredness is a factor that the best managers have to take into account. I wasn't saying that we had rotated any more or less than any other team.

He was moaning about tiredness in October man.

The bit in bold really does my head in, not only does he think we're so thick we'll fall for it, we're also so thick that he can tell us complete opposites and fall for it.  The best one was the Mick Lowes interview after the mackem defeat, he claimed that the players were tired then when Lowes pointed out that 5 players hadn't played in Europe he said they weren't up to speed.

And People like Happy Face fall for this s****.  :lol:

Not only do they fall for it, they lap it up and put fucking bells on it.

Truly, I never realised how easily people are deceived and manipulated before this whole affair. Quite an eye-opener.

I wish we had a manager who actually sounded like he was confident before games. Hughton was a fucker for it (Scunthorpe away: "our plan was to come here and do well" and saying "another difficult game" before basically every Championship fixture) and Pardew does it as well, fucking celebrating a point away at West Brom and being delighted at edging past some of the mid-table/relegation fodder at home by the thinnest of margins. He even said Stoke and Bolton at home would be really really tricky when we were on that immense run last year.

I'm sure he's said in the past we're a big club and should be looking to win every game; this season there's been so many times we've been set up to draw or keep it tight that it's just not funny.

And People like Happy Face fall for this shite.  :lol:

I heard the same interview and must admit Pardew hit a new low with me on that one ,its only when you watch this dross and here his excuses after every game and even before that you realise the utter shit he spouts and fans,pundits and reporters from outside the area take it all in but we know its pathetic.

This is another thing about Pardew's excuses. They contradict each other. One week he uses the injury problems as an excuse, the next he uses the tiredness excuse (when said players should be fresher than anybody because they've barely fucking played).

It's actually comical. The top managers like Wenger and Fergie come up with shite after matches to take the attention away from the players and place it on themselves. Pardew does it try and mask and hide is own failures and place it on anybody/anything possible. The total shyster.

I've no idea if that's true, but even the thought it might be says everything about Pardew's conveyor belt of bullshit :lol:

I've no idea if that's true, but even the thought it might be says everything about Pardew's conveyor belt of bullshit :lol:

Just assume it's true, it's easier.

I wish we had a manager who actually sounded like he was confident before games. Hughton was a fucker for it (Scunthorpe away: "our plan was to come here and do well" and saying "another difficult game" before basically every Championship fixture) and Pardew does it as well, fucking celebrating a point away at West Brom and being delighted at edging past some of the mid-table/relegation fodder at home by the thinnest of margins. He even said Stoke and Bolton at home would be really really tricky when we were on that immense run last year.

I'm sure he's said in the past we're a big club and should be looking to win every game; this season there's been so many times we've been set up to draw or keep it tight that it's just not funny.

I think Hughton was being respectful rather than being fearful, and ultimately it worked.

He's also a total sycophant who knows we're onto him; do you notice how in every pre-match interview he blows on about doing it for the fans, the best fans in the league, how we deserve some success.... it's just lip service. This is another of the things I dislike most about him, the transparent and completely unconvincing attempts to play like "he's one of us". Concentrate on making us play football, you smarmy nostril smear.

Do you believe Mick is just openly lying?

No, but I dislike the way two people didn't remember the situation but assumed the worst and smugly laughed at it. As usual.

Anyway, I should stay away from this place at the moment because no other views are welcome. I know this but I keep getting sucked back in. Apologies.

Can someone sum up his points in his interview?  Just caught the the last bit of it.  Just heard him mentioned Thursday and how it was always gonna be tough having this match at the end of the 3 game week we've just had. 

He said to Mick Lowes that some of our players were knackered after Thursday and Lowes said we had 5 players in the team who hadn't played, Pardew said the 5 weren't up to speed.  :lol:

They're recollecting that.

Can someone sum up his points in his interview?  Just caught the the last bit of it.  Just heard him mentioned Thursday and how it was always gonna be tough having this match at the end of the 3 game week we've just had. 

He said to Mick Lowes that some of our players were knackered after Thursday and Lowes said we had 5 players in the team who hadn't played, Pardew said the 5 weren't up to speed.  :lol:

Right, but that wasn't what I was responding to. I never mentioned Mick, I just thought it must have been him when you questioned me.

Do you believe Mick is just openly lying?

No, but I dislike the way two people didn't remember the situation but assumed the worst and smugly laughed at it. As usual.

Anyway, I should stay away from this place at the moment because no other views are welcome. I know this but I keep getting sucked back in. Apologies.

Don't worry dude, some are still listening, even though it is hard to not be drawn in by the general consensus.

I'm very much on the undecided fence on Pardew's future here, I can see what he's doing wrong but do think there are opportunities to improve also.

We need to stay up at all costs first though.

Right, but that wasn't what I was responding to. I never mentioned Mick, I just thought it must have been him when you questioned me.

You seem to be saying people shouldn't laugh at something Pardew said, in case he didn't say it. I'm lost, so I think I'll leave it there.

Being poor at your job for a year is a long time in any profession, some may argue it's been longer.

That's the bottom line of it really. I know he's had problems with injuries etc, but you can still perform well at your job in difficulties circumstances and I don't think you can say he has. In fact he has only made matters worse.

If he can only produce results when it's all sunshine and roses then I don't think that's good enough.

Being poor at your job for a year is a long time in any profession, some may argue it's been longer.

That's the bottom line of it really. I know he's had problems with injuries etc, but you can still perform well at your job in difficulties circumstances and I don't think you can say he has. In fact he has only made matters worse.

If he can only produce results when it's all sunshine and roses then I don't think that's good enough.

You're right about things not being good enough, but that premise is kind of an assumption. If you only judge him on results, obviously he has been poor at his job for a year. But that's to assume that the link between effort/ability and results in football is a clear one. There are also very many other factors and also random luck involved, as well as the difficulty of arresting a slide once it starts.

As you say though, it's hard to point to many specific things he has done to improve the situation.