Alan Pardew

Dave

Do you believe Mick is just openly lying?

No, but I dislike the way two people didn't remember the situation but assumed the worst and smugly laughed at it. As usual.

Anyway, I should stay away from this place at the moment because no other views are welcome. I know this but I keep getting sucked back in. Apologies.

You're assuming I was laughing smugly, when in fact there wasn't anything smug about it. It was in fact resigned weariness. You'd have to laugh otherwise you'd cry.

Being poor at your job for a year is a long time in any profession, some may argue it's been longer.

That's the bottom line of it really. I know he's had problems with injuries etc, but you can still perform well at your job in difficulties circumstances and I don't think you can say he has. In fact he has only made matters worse.

If he can only produce results when it's all sunshine and roses then I don't think that's good enough.

You're right about things not being good enough, but that premise is kind of an assumption. If you only judge him on results, obviously he has been poor at his job for a year. But that's to assume that the link between effort/ability and results in football is a clear one. There are also very many other factors and also random luck involved, as well as the difficulty of arresting a slide once it starts.

As you say though, it's hard to point to many specific things he has done to improve the situation.

Actually, I think he's tried a lot of different things to rectify the situation but has, by and large, simply ignored the evidence for what's worked for this team in the past.

Being poor at your job for a year is a long time in any profession, some may argue it's been longer.

That's the bottom line of it really. I know he's had problems with injuries etc, but you can still perform well at your job in difficulties circumstances and I don't think you can say he has. In fact he has only made matters worse.

If he can only produce results when it's all sunshine and roses then I don't think that's good enough.

He's had quite a few years of being 'poor at his job' whilst with previous clubs...didn't Ashley and Dracula notice that by any chance...?

Souness still some way off for me. All the good players leaving, fighting, underperforming, injuring themselves, spending all that money and erase everything that we learnt to love about that side in just 16 months. Felt like an eternity.

All the good players leaving..? Spending all that money ?

Wait until the end of the season and then January if you think we have no 'good players leaving'.....

I remember one of the things I liked about Pardew when he first started was his refreshing honesty, and he would go out of his way to not make excuses for defeats - things like an injury to one player was an opportunity for someone else to step up.

So disappointing that when under pressure he reverts to "struggling manager 101" and just starts a conveyor belt of excuses. I think he has a long way to go to be as bad as Souness, but this is a worrying sign.

Guest Dontooner

Tactically i think he is worst than Souness but considering man managing, moral and other things Pardew is better for this club.

The question is they are both limited managers, the most important part in football is performances those are the things that will deliver you consistent results.

Pardew is a deceiving weasel, alot of the promises and things he said since his arrival has a personal agenda over it.

If any other manager that has less PR skills being in the form like his , they would have been sack long ago.

Look through his fake passion for the club and his award winning punches in the air, he is limited Tactically, he was lying to us about the carpet football and most importantly he butters the fans and board up at every opportunity. Very good deceiving PR Man nothing else.

Guest bimpy474

The 5th place has given him a lot of leeway, wrongly imo. And the amount of late goals will have helped, and also along with our genuine hope of a long term manager.

None of that is an excuse for the poor football. He is simply not very good, it's just taken a little while pan out, unfortunately as some though it might.

He's had quite a few years of being 'poor at his job' whilst with previous clubs...didn't Ashley and Dracula notice that by any chance...?

Some don't care about his previous managerial record and say we can only judge him on what he does here :lol:

biggs has said that he heard the same interview and why would I lie as anybody on here could have heard the same well known radio show and called me out on it.

biggs has said that he heard the same interview and why would I lie as anybody on here could have heard the same well known radio show and called me out on it.

I never said you were lying, I was responding to Wullie and TRon. Dave brought you up and I thought their posts were yours because of that.

I never said you were lying, I was responding to Wullie and TRon. Dave brought you up and I thought their posts were yours because of that.

I'm not bothered if you thought that I was.

OK, that's good. Strange response but fine.

I wish we had a manager who actually sounded like he was confident before games. Hughton was a fucker for it (Scunthorpe away: "our plan was to come here and do well" and saying "another difficult game" before basically every Championship fixture) and Pardew does it as well, fucking celebrating a point away at West Brom and being delighted at edging past some of the mid-table/relegation fodder at home by the thinnest of margins. He even said Stoke and Bolton at home would be really really tricky when we were on that immense run last year.

I'm sure he's said in the past we're a big club and should be looking to win every game; this season there's been so many times we've been set up to draw or keep it tight that it's just not funny.

I think Hughton was being respectful rather than being fearful, and ultimately it worked.

Yep understandable given the position we were in too.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: :lol:

Maturity.

Some don't care about his previous managerial record and say we can only judge him on what he does here :lol:

In that case, SOME would employ Ronnie Biggs to be keeper of the Crown Jewels...!

Maturity.

I don't see how maturity comes into not being bothered what somebody thinks, should I be?  It's no surprise that you try to make something out of it though.

Guest icemanblue

Maturity.

I don't see how maturity comes into not being bothered what somebody thinks, should I be?  It's no surprise that you try to make something out of it though.

Do you really think I'm bothered about you thinking I'm bothered about you not behind bothered, like?

Guest icemanblue

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/276949_117161815059525_28650058_n.jpg

:lol:

Classic Beren.

Maturity.

Do you really think I'm bothered about you thinking I'm bothered about you not behind bothered, like?

You're really quite confrontational. But not that brave about it at the same time. Quite a feat tbh.