Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

Pardew's a terrible tactician. Souness was a terrible tactician, man manager, everything.

I don't buy the idea that Pardew is some kind of great man manager. For me he has winged that aspect of managing during his time here.

He has managed our players appallingly all season, especially some of the younger ones, and in regards to Europe too.

I think what worries me most about that article is that, if the theory is indeed true and thats genuinely what our staff think is the solution to our set piece problem, we are in dire straights.  After however many games without a goal from a corner, the best they can come up with is "we need big men to cause havoc" absolutely stone age. Horrendous

I think Evra has scored atleast twice this season from headers direct from corners. One of those against us :lol: I have to laugh or i'd cry because our manager and coaching staff are a joke.

I'm getting tired of seeing Evra used as an example. He's a fucking excellent footballer, a brilliant header of the ball and on the end of world class deliveries.

I'm just using him as example in that he is by no means a "big" lad and has shown you just need good deliveries and decent movement rather than more  big men and "jumpers" FFS

Pardew's a terrible tactician. Souness was a terrible tactician, man manager, everything.

I don't buy the idea that Pardew is some kind of great man manager. For me he has winged that aspect of managing during his time here.

He has managed our players appallingly all season, especially some of the younger ones, and in regards to Europe too.

I don't get what this could be based on. A lot of your criticisms of Pardew are valid, but you seem to have just decided he's a 'fraud' or whatever and therefore anything positive to his tenure must either be lucky or just for show.

Seems bizarre... I have seen people dislike a manager (and I detested Souness and Allardyce and maybe Dalglish) but this kind of irrational bile-filled hatred is pretty unique.

Souness is a destroyer of clubs, man. He took a team that'd finished 4th, 3rd and 5th and left us 18 months later (after spending well over £50m) in 16th place with an unrecognisable Newcastle United. Pardew, Kinnear, Shearer or anyone will never come close to that level of incompetence.

Souness is a destroyer of clubs, man. He took a team that'd finished 4th, 3rd and 5th and left us 18 months later in 16th place with an unrecognisable Newcastle United. Pardew, Kinnear, Shearer or anyone will never come close to that level of incompetence.

:thup:

He started the slide towards relegation by stripping the club of it's assets for little or no money.

I think what worries me most about that article is that, if the theory is indeed true and thats genuinely what our staff think is the solution to our set piece problem, we are in dire straights.  After however many games without a goal from a corner, the best they can come up with is "we need big men to cause havoc" absolutely stone age. Horrendous

I think Evra has scored atleast twice this season from headers direct from corners. One of those against us :lol: I have to laugh or i'd cry because our manager and coaching staff are a joke.

I'm getting tired of seeing Evra used as an example. He's a f***ing excellent footballer, a brilliant header of the ball and on the end of world class deliveries.

why on earth are you getting tired of it? It's a perfectly fucking valid example. We is an excellent footballer, "brilliant header of the ball", not more so than anyone else I've watched. What do you want people to do, pick out a shit clogger footballer who's scored a header? Go through any other team you'll find one.

Eh? :lol:

How on earth does Patrice Evra scoring headers relate to us in any way? It just doesn't.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't get what this could be based on. A lot of your criticisms of Pardew are valid, but you seem to have just decided he's a 'fraud' or whatever and therefore anything positive to his tenure must either be lucky or just for show.

Seems bizarre... I have seen people dislike a manager (and I detested Souness and Allardyce and maybe Dalglish) but this kind of irrational bile-filled hatred is pretty unique.

He's a bigger fraudster than Nick Leeson man :lol:

If he wasn't a football manager he'd be a door to door salesman tricking old ladies out of their pensions for double glazing or damp proof coursing.

The man is false as f***.

Guest Howaythetoon

Souness is a destroyer of clubs, man. He took a team that'd finished 4th, 3rd and 5th and left us 18 months later (after spending well over £50m) in 16th place with an unrecognisable Newcastle United. Pardew, Kinnear, Shearer or anyone will never come close to that level of incompetence.

And give Pardew enough rope and he'll do exactly the same...

I'm getting tired of seeing Evra used as an example. He's a f***ing excellent footballer, a brilliant header of the ball and on the end of world class deliveries.

why on earth are you getting tired of it? It's a perfectly fucking valid example. We is an excellent footballer, "brilliant header of the ball", not more so than anyone else I've watched. What do you want people to do, pick out a shit clogger footballer who's scored a header? Go through any other team you'll find one.

How on earth does Patrice Evra scoring headers relate to us in any way? It just doesn't.

It completely relates to the topic of discussion that you need big men to score direct from corners. I used him as an example that you don't because he is a small guy who happened to score against us from a corner this season.

why on earth are you getting tired of it? It's a perfectly f***ing valid example. We is an excellent footballer, "brilliant header of the ball", not more so than anyone else I've watched. What do you want people to do, pick out a s*** clogger footballer who's scored a header? Go through any other team you'll find one.

Clear typo. Was meant to read Evra. Also it relates to the point that scoring from headers is not directly correlated to height. The example is used as we have been told that we need "big men". Evra happens to be a good example as he is not a  "big man" thus illustrating the point that we don't need big men and relating directly back to Nufc.

How hard is it to grasp? Honestly?

We need better deliveries from better players and players willing and able to attack the ball from set pieces, agree?

The above has little to nothing to do with Pardew. We need better, not bigger, players. I've not once advocated signing players just for the sake of height alone.

Not a chance, man.

It was nothing to do with you it was about the article suggesting our staff have a theory we need more "big" players and "jumpers" in addition to Taylor and Sissoko which is just bullshit

Not a million years. He might fail here, but not like that.

Though i have to add that the more I hear his list of excuses, the more I'm turned off by the idea of him staying on. I just don't think he's handling all this pressure well and that's why he's contradicting himself week to week. It's not a good sign but somewhat excusable because many things have adversely impacted our points total. He's not dumb, and that's why I'm willing to give it one more chance. He's not as smart as he thinks he is so he should stop using big words in sentences that don't make sense, and in general he should just not talk as much, but I don't think he's dumb. Maybe he's a better talker than a doer but the way he approaches the game, with stats etc., is something that all the big teams do. You read about Guardiola, Mourinho etc., and you see that they are meticulous in preparition and extremely demanding. Pardew's obviously not them but he's not Kinnear as well who's an old school guy. What I'm basically trying to say is that I'm willing to give Pardew a chance because he has shown that he's open to new ideas and he's not stupid. I would say that he's actually very thin skinned which is why you see him talking about every little problem we have and being so willing to accommodate player's wishes - something I don't think better managers would do - and in general rambling when asked to explain things, and I take that as a sign that he's not good under pressure, but I still don't think he's stupid.

Though i have to add that the more I hear his list of excuses, the more I'm turned off by the idea of him staying on. I just don't think he's handling all this pressure well and that's why he's contradicting himself week to week. It's not a good sign but somewhat excusable because many things have adversely impacted our points total. He's not dumb, and that's why I'm willing to give it one more chance. He's not as smart as he thinks he is so he should stop using big words in sentences that don't make sense, and in general he should just not talk as much, but I don't think he's dumb. Maybe he's a better talker than a doer but the way he approaches the game, with stats etc., is something that all the big teams do. You read about Guardiola, Mourinho etc., and you see that they are meticulous in preparition and extremely demanding. Pardew's obviously not them but he's not Kinnear as well who's an old school guy. What I'm basically trying to say is that I'm willing to give Pardew a chance because he has shown that he's open to new ideas and he's not stupid. I would say that he's actually very thin skinned which is why you see him talking about every little problem we have and being so willing to accommodate player's wishes - something I don't think better managers would do - and in general rambling when asked to explain things, and I take that as a sign that he's not good under pressure, but I still don't think he's stupid.

Yep, the thing that makes him likeable and slick when things are going well (answering at length and chatting on) is the thing that gets him into trouble when things are going badly.

The worst thing about that article (apart from being shit) is the scary thought of Pardew actually using those words as a excuse in interview.

"Well, you know, we lack big men. Our two jumpers are being marked out of the game, you know. So yeah.."