Atromitos 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/08/12 - Post-match reaction from page 38

Dave

Guest neesy111

The abuse is not on.

But Obertan really needs to start to grow up and look at why people are criticising him and rectify the faults he has in his game.  There is still time to do it but it's rapidly fading away.

My biggest issue with him today was the complete lack of support he give to Tavernier.

Imo, the reason why Obertan is getting far more game time than his form deserves is because Pardew has to justify this signing as this is the only signing he's made without any input from Graham Carr, so he can put forward more of his own signings to the board in the future.

The abuse is not on.

But Obertan really needs to start to grow up and look at why people are criticising him and rectify the faults he has in his game.  There is still time to do it but it's rapidly fading away.

My biggest issue with him today was the complete lack of support he give to Tavernier.

Imo, the reason why Obertan is getting far more game time than his form deserves is because Pardew has to justify this signing as this is the only signing he's made without any input from Graham Carr, so he can put forward more of his own signings to the board in the future.

my biggest concern with him is the way he gave the ball away so easily and regularly wothout even looking at times.

The abuse is not on.

His recent talk in would suggest this is complete nonsense (ie if he or Carr disagree on any signing they won't proceed with it).

Guest neesy111

The abuse is not on.

His recent talk in would suggest this is complete nonsense (ie if he or Carr disagree on any signing they won't proceed with it).

Well someone is telling porkies then as Carr has apparently told some fans that he didn't have any input on Obertan.

The abuse is not on.

Well someone is telling porkies then as Carr has apparently told some fans that he didn't have any input on Obertan.

Guest neesy111

The abuse is not on.

Calm the fuck down.

Everything what Pardew comes out with isn't the truth, he's a good bullshitter at times.

Calm down? :lol:

Ok so Pardew just made that up? He could have just taken all the credit for signings but admitted his chief scout had equal power in deciding which players we signed solely on the basis he could palm half of the blame on the Obertan signing.

Right...

Apologies if that reply was proper over the top and that.

Guest neesy111

Calm down? :lol:

Ok so Pardew just made that up? He could have just taken all the credit for signings but admitted his chief scout had equal power in deciding which players we signed solely on the basis he could palm half of the blame on the Obertan signing.

Right...

Apologies if that reply was proper over the top and that.

It's fine.

I did put IMO in front of my explanation.  Something doesn't add up about the signing.

Probably because every other signing for however long has worked out. Practically impossible to only ever sign successful players though. Even Wenger, Ferguson, Jose and their scouting networks etc.. signed flops.

It's just easier to assume this was a solely Pardew signing as Carr is seen as infallible where as Pardew spent a large part of his Newcastle career trying to win fans over.

The first step to stop this discrimination-like Oba-bashing is to stop overreacting to his "mistakes" or "nonperformance" by writing posts like Obertan you are the worst player on the planet / Oba you deserve to die etc.  Read back the first 20 pages, read back the posts you make during the matches, are you really surprised by what happened after the matches?  I am not.

He seems not to care which doesn't do him any good in the eyes of fans. Think football fans generally can accept shit players as long as they look like they care and put the effort in for the shirt. His problem is he doesn't look arsed when he loses the ball or look like he's going to make an effort to win it back, and that's when you leave the door open for abuse.

Not condoning it obviously, it's so infantile to abuse someone directly to their face like that, but rules change regarding sport/football where people are more passionate and reactionary so you'd hope he'll be able to brush it off. You never know, it might even make him want to prove a point on the field.

I dont agree with the way Obertan has been treated. But until that was said no one was being very positive about Obertan, a page after those reports people start saying he was our best player of the front 3 or 4.

Come on, its not right to abuse an own player like that, but most will still agree that he has a long way to go to deserve a spot in this team. Its not like anyone of us would cry if he got sold. I mean, he seems like he has all the abilities to become a great impact sub, but he just doesnt have the brain or talent in a way. I mean, he is fast and can go past anyone, but he is actually almost the same as that german guy Odonkor who got into the national side like half a decade ago because of his speed and nothing else.

Unfair on Obertan, but as a professional he should keep his head up and keep on working hard, because ever since he signed for us it seems like he has no belief in himself and is almost in a depressed state of mind.

Probably because every other signing for however long has worked out. Practically impossible to only ever sign successful players though. Even Wenger, Ferguson, Jose and their scouting networks etc.. signed flops.

It's just easier to assume this was a solely Pardew signing as Carr is seen as infallible where as Pardew spent a large part of his Newcastle career trying to win fans over.

100%. Wish people would stop just using the same excuse when a player doesn't play well - "Oh must be Pards signing, Carr couldn't have wanted him." 

Poor judgement and I feel for Gabby - but I'm sure the lads in the dressing room, our coaching staff and most importantly Pards will have lifted him up already if that bothered him badly.

Thought we played the game with a kind of pre-season attitude tbh.

We were obviously trying to play it out from the back which was encouraging but we were very slow about it.

Service to Cisse was poor. He's a top player in the box and has the ability to drop deep to lay the ball off, etc. Problem was we had no penetration from the Marv, Gosling nor Obertan running beyond him. No dangerous crosses. Nothing really. Obertan didn't have a bad game tbf. He was certainly trying to do more than Marv who just sort of disappeared for me!

Guest neesy111

Obertan had a good second half. Definitely a better game than Marveaux.

It would had been nice if we attempted to make an attack down our left side to get marveaux involved as there looked to be an instruction to go down the right with every attack.

Thought we played the game with a kind of pre-season attitude tbh.

We were obviously trying to play it out from the back which was encouraging but we were very slow about it.

Service to Cisse was poor. He's a top player in the box and has the ability to drop deep to lay the ball off, etc. Problem was we had no penetration from the Marv, Gosling nor Obertan running beyond him. No dangerous crosses. Nothing really. Obertan didn't have a bad game tbf. He was certainly trying to do more than Marv who just sort of disappeared for me!

In terms of the pace, I think Pardew and co were very very aware of the heat and not tiring themselves out for Saturday. All the interviews on NUFCTV say that we were grateful that they didn't press us too much and we were happy to just pass it around and keep the ball.

Aye, it did look like it might have been a tad warm!

The heat, the fixture list combined with a team of players that hasn't seen competitive action for months - I'd say anything barring a defeat was a decent result. Get them back to SJP and annihilate them and move on.

Shame we didn't go out there and blow them away, but we all know that very rarely happens when reserve teams play in the cups.

Guest Wally_McFool

The heat, the fixture list combined with a team of players that hasn't seen competitive action for months - I'd say anything barring a defeat was a decent result.

* nods bonce in agreement *