Chelsea 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 25/08/12 - post-fart reaction from page 35

Dave

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Too easy for Chelsea. Ben Arfa was exceptional, however. We need some transfers made and I'm not sure we're going to make any. :undecided:

We're so far off the pace that we've already beaten one of the teams that finished in the top four last year and that was our only other game. :lol:

I really don't know where this comes from, sluggish? I don't see it at all. We'll suffer some really shitty defeats this season because everyone will but this ain't one of them.

We're so far off the pace that we've already beaten one of the teams that finished in the top four last year and that was our only other game. :lol:

I really don't know where this comes from, sluggish? I don't see it at all. We'll suffer some really shitty defeats this season because everyone will but this ain't one of them.

You don't think that some of our players look unfit?

It's not the crisis some want it to be. Beat Villa next Sunday and we'll be doing more than fine.

I can only guess but I would think most, if not all don't want a crisis and want us to win.

Guest bimpy474

Last year this would have been a 5-0 result. Much better showing in the second half.

Although i dont like 4-4-2 the one thing to note was, nearly every time Tim had the ball he rolled it out. That is encouraging as its definitely attempting to play from the back.

We weren't great but its not a defeat I will lose any sleep over. Hopefully get through with no major dramas on Thursday, and then Villa on Sunday is very winnable.

This, looking ahead to two very good chances to get back on track.

Just think today Chelsea's cutting edge in attack made the difference for them, we found it hard to create clear chances. The penalty decision was very unfortunate for us at the moment it came in the game, as it put us on the back foot when it was quite an even contest. Hard for us to get anything back after that, although we did improve in the second half.

Mata's movement and Hazard's play was the difference, Torres looked good at times too and troubled our defence, took his goal really well too. Our 1st half performance was very lethargic, which is a pity, but I am pretty sure we'll bounce back next Sunday against Villa.

Aye, thought we did OK. We were facing a front 3 that cost over 100 million quid and restricted them to a few decent chances, while if Cisse and Ba were sharper we could easily have scored a couple ourselves.

Last year this would have been a 5-0 result. Much better showing in the second half.

Although i dont like 4-4-2 the one thing to note was, nearly every time Tim had the ball he rolled out. That is encouraging as its definitely attempting to play from the back.

I was thinking that at half time. I thought we were going to get dicked.

4-4-2 is restricting our better players, namely Cisse, Cabaye and Ben Arfa. We need to play 4-3-3 from the off as it showed sceond-half, those players in particular were getting far more involved

Think Cabaye is often overlooked in the formations talk. His best performances last season came in that more advanced role. When he could press high up knowing there was two centre mids behind him. And his link up play with Cisse is not something Ba can replicate.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think we look off the pace myself, as a team and as individuals with some of them. I don't think we've had the best pre-season preperations myself and even Pardew alluded to this in the recent talk-in, even some of the players were asking why they were playing in Germany, then Portugal etc. and complaining about it.

It's not the crisis some want it to be. Beat Villa next Sunday and we'll be doing more than fine.

I can only guess but I would think most, if not all don't want a crisis and want us to win.

Some people just want the drama. We can't have just lost to the European Champions who've spent £100 million after winning it. It MUST be the start of our downfall!

Guest bimpy474

Last year this would have been a 5-0 result.

it was a 2-0 win

You know what i meant, we didn't collapsed like a few games last season.

Guest neesy111

You don't think that some of our players look unfit?

If ppl think cabaye and Cisse are 100% fit then they need locking up.

Some people just want the drama. We can't have just lost to the European Champions who've spent £100 million after winning it. It MUST be the start of our downfall!

:facepalm:

No disgrace in defeat tonight - lost to the better team. Eden Hazard is class, but it remains to be seen whether he can keep it up for the season. Ben Arfa was our best by a mile - Cabaye and Cisse look short of match practice, but that will come.

As much as I love Jonas for his work ethic, he offers very little going forward. I think Marv deserves a go for a few games, and maybe bring Jonas on for Anita\Tiote later on.

Whilst we start with a 442 I think Jonas will start. He allows us to go to 433 without the need to change personnel.

Guest bimpy474

I'm actually loving this thread.

Its just shows how far we have come. Disappointed to lose. Disappointed at the performance. Disappointed full stop.

Guest Howaythetoon

4-4-2 is restricting our better players, namely Cisse, Cabaye and Ben Arfa. We need to play 4-3-3 from the off as it showed sceond-half, those players in particular were getting far more involved

Think Cabaye is often overlooked in the formations talk. His best performances last season came in that more advanced role. When he could press high up knowing there was two centre mids behind him. And his link up play with Cisse is not something Ba can replicate.

Excatly. In that role and in that kind of formation we are badly underusing him. He is a refined attacking playmaking midfielder not some clogger which is the kind of player he often becomes stuck deep in there. Tiote can do that role because he has the pace, the stamina, the physical attributes and indeed the power to dominate. Cabaye doesn't. To be fair to him though he gives it a bloody good try. Pardew got it wrong today. Anita was more adavanced than Cabaye, and it should have been the other way round.

Also those that are or were so blase about losing Tiote... this game highlighted a need for him more than anything. He would have bossed this game or rather Hazard and Mata, the two players Cabaye was struggling to deal with all game, with both evading him throughout.

Think everyone has covered nearly everything on the game. Ben Arfa was our best player by a mile. We had some good spells in the 1st half where we kept the ball well and then gave away a silly penalty conceded by Anita, definitely a penalty. Create some good chances 2nd half Ba should have scored but Cech made a great save. Sometimes though I think we were too predictable, if its not Ben Arfa carrying it forward on the right then it was Santon on the left. I can remember one pass which went perfect for Simpson and I was shouting hit the bar line and cross it in, but he turned back on himself and the ball went backwards and the momentum was lost. I'm praying we get Debuchy before the deadline because he would be class in our team and give us an extra dimension when going forwards.