Newcastle 1 - 0 Atromitos (2-1 on agg) - 30/08/12 - post-match reaction from p40

Dave

Bleurgh.  :embarrassed:

What a heap of shit that was. Never able to stamp our authority on the game and it should have been put to bed after 30 mins. Not got a problem with playing a few of the squad to rest a few of the first choice XI but we were taking liberties tbh. It shouldn't have been that close.

But we're through so I suppose it's job done. I'd like to think we'll take it a bit more seriously when the group games come around though.

Bang on.

Genuinely thought they were going to get that equaliser. For all our dominance I'd say we didn't have too many shots on target. Thought the performance summed up our past two games tbh. No urgency and distinct lack of killer instinct and sharpness. Going to be slow start to the season, I feel.

Not bad for £5 :troll: Beating the system :snod:

But awful awful game.

Highlights were Obertan playing well :kasper: Vuckic and the streaker :megusta:

That's probably still £4.50 too much for watching that heap of shite 'game'

:scared:

just got in.  A1 is single lane all the way from Lobley Hill to Birtley, utter joke but thats a different story.

Well, erm, that was.....a game of football I suppose.  Hard to find any positive words to describe it.  We didn't look particularly bothered in all honesty, especially Demba.  Probably Squidward's best game for us although it isn't saying much as there was still absolutely fuck all end product other than winning corners whereby Marveaux consistently failed to beat his first man.  Daniel Gosling offered absolutely fuck all and showed no purpose whatsoever.  I was in the Leazes and am yet to see highlights but it sounds like Timothy was an awfully lucky boy.

All this evening taught me is that we'll not get very far in this playing a weakened team. We've barely scraped past these jokers despite having most of the play, we didn't play badly but just wasn't quite there tonight.

Positives:

Obertan was actually decent

Marveaux is a clever player and it was good to see him get 90 minutes, looking forward to seeing him play more.

Bigi is tidy, would do better with someone like Cabaye alongside him.

Vuckic took his goal well and had some neat touches but beyond that, he was quite average.

Negatives:

Gosling, just has nothing about him at all. Don't want to criticise him after so few games but he's failed to impress on a number of occasions now.

Ryan Taylor's injury :( - get well soon

Ba - didn't look interested for large parts.

The realisation that I'm now old for complaining that the streaker:

a) Was able to get onto the pitch so easily

b) Wasn't stopped by anybody

c) Was able to do 2 laps of the players without being stopped

Without labouring the point, he could have attacked the players or anything, there wasn't a steward in sight. Dickhead.

So at least we're through, looks like they should have had a pen and a potential Krul red card which would have been just brilliant. We'll have to up our game against most of the teams who have qualified, I'm sure we will though.

played well in the first half, should have had another tho, too edgy in the last 25 mins

oba and bigi were quality tonight, really like bigi and to think he's only 18 :)

Some kid took his shoe off in front of me and tried to start 'shoes off....' ... telt him to put it back on cos he was blocking me view.  They not half come out the woodwork for cup (and now europa league) games like.  Half expected them to rip the sd signs down again.

probably been mentioned but .... sports-direct.gr ... now available in Greece :lol: doesn't miss a trick Mike like

Any one notice Simpson do his usual and throw straight to their player in the corner and 5-10seconds later they are in shooting range... Was like a re-run of Arsenal...

I did actually. Was a little concerning how easily teams sometimes catch us on the break. And yeah simpson's throws are terrible at times.

Any one notice Simpson do his usual and throw straight to their player in the corner and 5-10seconds later they are in shooting range... Was like a re-run of Arsenal...

I did actually. Was a little concerning how easily teams sometimes catch us on the break. And yeah simpson's throws are terrible at times.

the bloke in front of me was close to going purple about it.

Attacked the players with what exactly?  His penis?

And if he had concealed a weapon, then well I guess he deserves a stab...

He was able to get undressed without any of the fuckers thinking "well that's unusual" and you know, doing their jobs to stop him. What's to say he couldn't have had a weapon in his hand (lol cocks etc.)

played well in the first half, should have had another tho, too edgy in the last 25 mins

oba and bigi were quality tonight, really like bigi and to think he's only 18 :)

Some kid took his shoe off in front of me and tried to start 'shoes off....' ... telt him to put it back on cos he was blocking me view.  They not half come out the woodwork for cup (and now europa league) games like.  Half expected them to rip the sd signs down again.

probably been mentioned but .... sports-direct.gr ... now available in Greece :lol: doesn't miss a trick Mike like

Put up with about 5 or 6 scopes for the first half and moved seats at HT. Complete fucking bellends.

[/snob]

Put up with about 5 or 6 scopes for the first half and moved seats at HT. Complete f***ing bellends.

[/snob]

3 blokes behind me said "eh? Who?" when the names of Bigirimana, Vuckic and Tavernier were read out.  Not expecting them to know their shoe size and favourite flavour of munch bunch but all you've got to do to have a rough idea is pick up a Chronicle ffs.