Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

Couldn't call it either way at the mo.

You haven't started well but still have dangerous individuals like Cisse and Ben Arfa. Although we had two great performances vs Man Utd & Villa, by all accounts we were dreadful vs WBA at the weekend and deserved the loss.

Gibson might be out as well which would be a huge blow for us (not joking, he steadies the midfield a treat).

Is it simply an issue of fitness for Cabaye recently? And Cisse for that matter. On form they'll win the game for you.

Certainly doesn't look that way with Cabaye, not sure on Cisse. Since he has been here Cisse has played better on his own up front.

Guest neesy111

Is it simply an issue of fitness for Cabaye recently? And Cisse for that matter. On form they'll win the game for you.

Looks a bit more than fitness for me, fitness can't be an excuse for Cabaye's turboshite corners yesterday for starters.

Well I was going to say, if it's fitness then it's seriously unprofessional. But not sure how he could be unhappy. Maybe he thinks his place is untouchable?

He could be sulking over us not bringing in Debuchy, or he has had his head turned by a bigger club, either way he needs to sort himself out.

Guest neesy111

Well I was going to say, if it's fitness then it's seriously unprofessional. But not sure how he could be unhappy. Maybe he thinks his place is untouchable?

I still can't believe he isn't fit, plenty of other players played at the Euro's and most of last season are well back to 100% match fitness now in the Premiership and across Europe.

They all shouldn't be certain starters if their form is bad, but they are especially Ba and Cisse with fuck all in the squad to replace them with.

Are you going to throw Bigi in do you reckon? I have to say I thought him and Anita were your best players yesterday. He obviously has a lot of developing to do experience-wise but early signs are good with him considering he's what, 18, and was playing for Coventry? Great deal of maturity.

Are you going to throw Bigi in do you reckon? I have to say I thought him and Anita were your best players yesterday. He obviously has a lot of developing to do experience-wise but early signs are good with him considering he's what, 18, and was playing for Coventry? Great deal of maturity.

Depends on the fitness of Tiote, and of course what formation we play. If we go 4-4-2 against you then we will really struggle.

This isn't the game to drop Jonas, imo.

I'd like to see Krul; Anita, Coloccini, Taylor, Santon; Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye; Marveaux, HBA, Cisse in the fabled 4-3-3. However, this could well be the game where we play with two in the centre of the park and get howked, leading to Pardew finally realising that winning points > keeping Ba happy.

This isn't the game to drop Jonas, imo.

I'd like to see Krul; Anita, Coloccini, Taylor, Santon; Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye; Marveaux, HBA, Cisse in the fabled 4-3-3. However, this could well be the game where we play with two in the centre of the park and get howked, leading to Pardew finally realising that winning points > keeping Ba happy.

Exactly what i would do and the same personnel for that matter, but will it happen  :undecided:

Krul

Anita    Saylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote  Jonas

HBA    Cabaye  Marv

Cisse

Tiote and Jonas should be able to counter Fellini hopefully, Also Pienaar is a big threat. If we cut the service to a minimum Jelavic should be able to be neutralised. Ben Arfa and Anita need to work hard to prevent Baines attacking too much, preferably by Ben Arfa keeping him pinned back. Cisse picked over Ba just cos think Everton can probably deal with the bustle of Ba better than Cisse.

i think the way everton play we'd get bummed in a 4-3-3.

What makes you say that? plus if Marveaux is to play on the left like people are asking it's more of a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1.

if Marveaux plays then i can see it doing okay. but i just feel that when we're playing as poorly as we are right now, if we don't play a more boring, organised 4-4-2, i think theres a chance we just won't have the energy to compete right now. wouldn't mind us playing 4-4-1-1 right now tbh, with Hatem behind a lone striker, preferably Ba. 

Krul

Anita    Saylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote  Jonas

HBA    Cabaye  Marv

Ba

Ba looks alot sharper than Cisse thus far. Playing the two of them together isn't really working. We need the extra man in midfield. Time to make a brave decision Alan and drop one of them for this game.