First names on the teamsheet

Beren

1 to 11.

Curious on thoughts about this, as I've seen remarks here and there on N-O about Tiote being overrated, Colo being indispensable etc..

I'd probably go with the following:

1. Colo

2. Ben Arfa

3. Tiote

4. Krul

5. Cisse

6. Jonas

7. Ba

8. Cabaye

9. Santon

10. Taylor

11. Simpson

No intended disrespect, necessarily, to the players lower down the order - I think just in terms of how we cope without them/who we can bring in if they are absent. Krul and Tiote were a toss up for third IMO. I really, really rate Tiote - we'd been missing him for years before he arrived. I suspect if Krul had ever really been out for a long period of time, I'd value him more in my list though - and he'd probably be 1st! Hopefully that won't happen.

I'll put my own tin hat on, I think.

Actually, I'd place Ben Arfa above Colo, and have Perch instead of Simpson.

I'd definitely have Perch instead of Simpson. As for Colo - Ben Arfa. Colo is so important to the team, more important than anyone else. Ben Arfa is more important to us scoring goals and controlling games but he can do this single-handedly rather than with the other players. I don't think either are replaceable or above one another

1. Coloccini

2. Tiote

3. Krul

After that, I could find alternatives to almost every spot.  :)

An alternative to Ben Arfa?

I would pick above three even if they were out of form - they would be good enough anyway. And they would fit any tactical formation.

I could see Marveaux start before Ben Arfa in a difficult away game with Cisse as a lone striker.

1. Krul

2. HBA

3. Colo

4. Tiote

5. Cabaye

Even HBA at 2 is shaky. Ba & Cisse are equally as capable of a moment of genius. The reason neither Ba/Cisse make my list is that as long as there's 1, you feel there's a goal scorer in the team. You need at least 1 natural goal scorer but we are fortunate enough to have 2.

Colo because of the aura of calm he brings.

Tiote & Cabaye in a midfied has so much steel, strength and running. Whenever they are fit they must start unless in really bad form.

There's no way Krul isn't in the top 3. He's a no-brainer. Same with Colo & Saylor really, if available there's no reason they shouldn't start. Same with Tiote & Cabaye for me (Anita has yet to prove himself). HBA too because we have no midfielder proven to add the assists and goals they way he has.

You can conceive having one of the Demba's on the bench though. The rest havwe to really fight for their place and I think that's the right way. The spine of a side should really be a no-brainer. Ideally your back 5 would be  automatically on the teamsheet. 2 midfielders atleast (a defensive and an attacking one) and 1 striker (luckily we have 2 great ones meaning they can compete). The best sides generally follow this format.

If you're spine is interchangeable you'e either PSG or a weak side.

Guest firetotheworks

For me, when everyone is fit:

Krul

Coloccini

Ben Arfa

Tiote

Cisse

Cabaye

Jonas

Santon

Ba

Taylor