First names on the teamsheet

Beren

All depends who the opposition is really. Certain players would be ahead of others depending on home/away and level of opposition so hard to say. I'd be placing Cabaye ahead Tiote almost every time but if your away to the likes of Arsenal who are going to spend a lot of time in possession i would have Tiote as one of the most important on the team sheet. However if you’re at home against a side like Reading you would have Cabaye near the top with the likes of Ben Arfa. Varies for different matches home and away.

Home:

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Krul

Away:

Colo

Krul

Tiote

This thread has made me wish there was some sabermetrics kind of analysis on the true influence of a goalkeeper throughout a season.

Feel free to do a Barcelona one and make us all feel like s*** VI :lol:

Mkay. Hard to judge apart from the obvious #1

1. Lionel Messi

2. Xavi Hernández

3. Daniel Alves

4. Víctor Valdés

5. Sergio Busquets

6. Andrés Iniesta

7. Pedro Rodríguez

8. David Villa

9. Carles Puyol

10. Gerard Piqué

11. Jordi Alba (he's new)

1. Krul

2. HBA

3. Coloccini

4. Cabaye

5. Tiote

I consider Cabaye more important than Tiote for a number of reasons, but mainly we have a few who can do the holding job in midfield but other than Cabaye who do we have who can create and pass through teams? there is really no one.

The other 6 can be mixed and matched depending on form.

Shame to see Puyol so low down on the list now? In the CL final between Arsenal and Barca I really disliked him but after that I've had a growing respect for his attitude

I made that list thinking on the players that are most important in the way we play, nothing else. Puyol is a legend.

Shame to see Puyol so low down on the list now? In the CL final between Arsenal and Barca I really disliked him but after that I've had a growing respect for his attitude

I made that list thinking on the players that are most important in the way we play, nothing else. Puyol is a legend.

Absolutely, I was just lamenting how he's old now and not quite what he used to be

I think that HBA, whilst obviously a massive player for us when he's on form and playing at his best is still a luxury item in a way and whilst it can be argued that the fear factor that he provides us with is irreplaceable I still feel as though there are a number of players that would have to be on the team sheet before him because of their importance to the shape and solidity of the team, basically we don't look the same with them missing.

So,

1. Colo (Obviously)

2. Krul (If he's out against Everton we'll look a lot more shaky at the back)

3. Jonas (Completely dependable and always an outlet)

4. Tiote (Anchors the midfield and allows Cabaye etc to play with more freedom)

5. Cabaye (When Tiote is behind him can really start influencing the game)

6. Cisse (Needs to be playing up top on his own a la last season but gives the team direction and purpose)

7. Saylor (Better than Williamson and was part of the defence that was so good at the start of last season)

8. HBA (As stated at the top, amazing on his day but not essential)

9. Ba (Feels wrong putting him so low down but as far as the shape of the team goes more of a hindrance than a help so far this season)

10/11. Santon/Simpson/Raylor (All good on their day but aren't gonna win any awards)

Guest firetotheworks

It all depends on the situation. You could quite easily argue that Jonas is more essential than Ben Arfa. In most cases you'd be wrong, but sometimes you'd be right.

Guest Roger Kint

If you think Jonas and Stevie Taylor are more important than Ben Arfa then you're quite clearly addicted to crack.

This..............Home or Away....Man City or Mackems.....situation doesn't matter in the slightest with this one.

Aye agree with you two on that.

Suprised to se Tiote so far down on peoples list. A huge miss in the last couple of games. Really is no-one else in the squad who has such a huge impact on the way we play. HBA a close second as currently is the only one showing the ability to change a game.

A huge miss in the last couple of games.

Don't agree tbh, we have not looked weak defensively in recent games Krul has not had to make many saves.

Even against Chelsea how many saves did Krul make?

Our problem has been creating and going forward not defensively, Tiote won't help that.

Krul - our no.1

HBA - our best player & attacking lynchpin

Colo - our captain and  :love:

Tiote - we need him fit & playing every match, we have 0 midfield steel without him

Jonas - ball retention, work-rate, etc.

I'd say Colo and HBA are practically tied and Tiote may even be there as well.

I think it'd look something like

Tim

Danny

Davide

Steven

Fabricio

Cheik

Yohan

Hatem

Jonas

Demba

Papiss

...you can ban me now.

I genuinely thought this thread was gonna be a shite query about the presentation of the official team sheets.

The top 5 for me would definitely be:

Colo - the rock in defence

Ben Arfa - the creative spark we require

Krul - Superman heroics in goal

Tiote - the beast in midfield

Cisse - the goalscoring machine (not atm I know)

With those 5, we've basically got the core of the team. They are the key components for success imo.