Man Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/09/12 (LC R3) - post-match from page 33

Beren

Honestly though still my biggest disappointment is that in the draw for our first round of competition in the LC we got Man Utd at Old Trafford.

Look at the other PL sides, they nearly all got teams in the lower leagues and we got this lot. We never do well in this competition but fuck me, a little help in the draws would be nice for once. We constantly get drawn against top sides, more often than not way from home.

It was expected and all that stuff, but I'm always upset when we go out of cups. Understand that a lot of posters brush this result off like dirt off their shoulders, but to me it just admits we're not a trophy-winning side. Bit more belief and I don't see why we couldn't have won this cup :dontknow:

Decent performance, much better than I was expecting anyway. No tears will be shed at the club about going out of this competition tbh.

Good run-outs for a couple of returning players and a goal for Cisse. :thup:

Some promising young-uns and i'd rather we make the most of Europe.

Better 2nd half for us, but no complaints. Just a pity that Pardew and the team didn't show a bit more attacking ambition in the first half. Had we gone through tonight, we'd have probably pulled Arsenal or Chelsea away, anyway! Still got the Europa League, PL and FA Cup to look forward to. Some home draws in the latter would be nice!

Impressed with Tavernier who was terrific in both fullback positions and Cisse looks sharp and hungry again which is a real bonus.

Saw the 2nd half more so than first, Gosling gets into the right positions but his decision making is really gash when it needs to happen.  Thought Ferguson, Tav, Bigi looked great and f*** it, I think we may have our Papisto back.

I applaud the effort of both Obertan and Gosling, I really do. They do look like they work their socks off, but fact of the matter is, they aren't good enough.

Guest Roger Kint

Was Obertan & Goslings best games for us in a while tbh

No it wasnt at all.

Hi opinion meet opinion

Obertan has had a couple of decent games in Europe so far while being shamefully poor in the second half today. I will give you Gosling as he hasnt had a good game yet to disagree with :lol:

It was expected and all that stuff, but I'm always upset when we go out of cups. Understand that a lot of posters brush this result off like dirt off their shoulders, but to me it just admits we're not a trophy-winning side. Bit more belief and I don't see why we couldn't have won this cup :dontknow:

:thup:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Positives

Cisse scored

Tav looks a player

Colo and Tiote get 70 mins

Bigi looked assured again

Fergie looks sharp

Elliot is better than his Forest showing

Negatives

Gosling and Haris are not good enough.

Marv whilst tidy, is not going to challenge first 11

We are out!!!!!!!!

Result aside I'm surprisingly bouyed by that performance

Thought some good positives but Gosling and Vuckic were pretty awful. Obertan as usual does few things ok but why the fuck will he not cross early, he can't beat a man when ball is slowed down, just dilly dally then loses it.

Elliott looks steady I think, Ferguson tidy, Tav good, Mr T back, Colo back and Cisse first goal. Oh and we never got hammered.

One point, why did Marveux not bother attacking the full back for the whole game, his technique and running with the ball has looked class in a few games but he just sat deeper and never carried the ball at all, pretty shit I thought