Man Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/09/12 (LC R3) - post-match from page 33

Beren

Having a look at the BBC feed on the games tonight and there's a Pardew quote where he says "I'm not sure I should have played Williamson" :lol:

Bit of an odd thing to say.

Think its because Willo has played nearly every game lately, played in Portugal then against Norwich and then tonight.

It's the middle of fucking September. Does my napper in, all this.

Guest bimpy474

Having a look at the BBC feed on the games tonight and there's a Pardew quote where he says "I'm not sure I should have played Williamson" :lol:

Bit of an odd thing to say.

Think its because Willo has played nearly every game lately, played in Portugal then against Norwich and then tonight.

It's the middle of fucking September. Does my napper in, all this.

Very true but he always looks fecked at the best of times.

Thought we weren't too bad on the whole, although it obviously would have been amazing to win the League Cup (any old cup ffs :lol:) at least we can look at the silver lining and say that if we were going to go out it might as well be now - at least now we might stand a chance of playing a half decent side in European competition.

2158:

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew following his side's 2-1 loss at Manchester United:

"We left ourselves open at times when we were chasing. It was a really good game. We were pressing. We knew if we could get Papiss on and if he could get a chance he'd score. I'm pleased for the players but disappointed for the club because I thought we deserved more. Coloccini is a bit sore. Whether he did enough to play on Saturday I don't know. I'm not sure I should have played Williamson. But we're short at centre-half

Good job we didn't strengthen in this area.

2158:

"We left ourselves open at times when we were chasing. It was a really good game. We were pressing. We knew if we could get Papiss on and if he could get a chance he'd score. I'm pleased for the players but disappointed for the club because I thought we deserved more. Coloccini is a bit sore. Whether he did enough to play on Saturday I don't know. I'm not sure I should have played Williamson. But we're short at centre-half

And you know what, I'm really grateful to Ashley for it. As we all should be.

2158:

It's a joke like

a few thoughts.

- forgot how frustrating shola can be. prefer him as super sub.

- Gabby is crab...im mean really crap. sorry, but it is the truth!

- Tavernier i really liked.

- Gosling was ok...got into good positions.

- cisse and fergu -supersubs! a left footed player on the left and BOOOM! hope to see him more, backup for santon but can also be used on LW.

- marveaux, dissapointed me. mostly that he lacked speed and didn´t challenge their right side more.

elliot - some good saves.