mackems vs Newcastle United - 21/10/12 @ 1.30 pm (Live on Sky)

Jaypee

Insane to go back to 4-4-2 after the Man United game, just utterly bizarre. I appreciate the Shola factor but you can't pick a team in the Premier League based on that.

He'll keep doing it.

I know. :(

Insane to go back to 4-4-2 after the Man United game, just utterly bizarre. I appreciate the Shola factor but you can't pick a team in the Premier League based on that.

Think of the oppo, they play a rigid 4-4-2, Pardew is backing our central two to beat theirs. And so they should. Not happy using but i can see why.

4-4-1-1, no?

Really hope buying into the Shola mystique doesn't bite us on the arse. We all know how bad he can be starting games.

I wouldn't worry too much about effort from him, he'll be up for it.

Hopefully Ronaldo's crack about Ba playing better with a hold up striker rings true today.

yeah, because he's been truly awful this season and badly needs to buck-up his ideas.

nice straw man, I'm looking for positives in Shola starting, let's not turn on each other because we're a little bit nervous :thup:

Think of the oppo, they play a rigid 4-4-2, Pardew is backing our central two to beat theirs. And so they should. Not happy using but i can see why.

As long as either Ba and Shola drop in to help defend against either Colback or Meyer/Gardener its not an issue. Assuming Sessengon plays in the hole.

Guest bimpy474

4-4-1-1, no?

Well sort of, Sess does drop in but not in a way that will affect like others games, imo. Their wingers stay very wide, Ours dont so numbers in the middle shouldn't really go against us.

Stop this formation nonsense. We are starting Krul, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye, Tiote, HATEM BEN ARFA, Demba Ba, and Foluwashola Ameobi (professional Nigerian-Geordie Mackem Murdered/Sunderland Slayer).

Do not be worried, we are better regardless of formation, and should be confident.

Guest bimpy474

As long as either Ba and Shola drop in to help defend against either Colback or Meyer/Gardener its not an issue. Assuming Sessengon plays in the hole.

Aye ;)