sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Tiote is definitely becoming a liability. Incident in question he was getting held back and went for the ball but if a mackem hit one of our lad's shins like that we'd be screaming for him to be sent off. Hope Tiote is f***ing bollocked for that and told to stop playing like such a daft c***. Not convinced he will be though.

Indeed.

This has been coming for a while. Needs to sort his head out because he isn't playing well, with our without the needless, counterproductive aggression.

I can't deny it any more either, and i'm Cheick's biggest fan. At one point, i'd have said i would never want to see the guy change, but his aggression has over-stepped the line to carelessness on too many occasions now. Pardew needs to work on him.

However, i still don't think it was a red card today. It was late, for sure, and definitely a booking - but the guy was being fouled and he never took his eyes off the ball. It was completely innocuous and the referee was swayed by an angry crowd and an overzealous reaction from Fletcher. I can't blame the Mackems for that, i'd expect the same from us lot (or anyone), but i do blame the referee. Bad officiating tends to balance out over the course of the season, but that doesn't take away anything from what was an abysmal, abysmal performance from Atkinson.

Definitely not going to slate anything Newcastle-related today. I thought Pards had it spot on and i thought our players were good. Some were excellent, namely Coloccini (who is world class) and Simpson, who had one of his best ever games for us. Hope he keeps that up, even if he's still utterly hopeless going forward. He had McClean absolutely sussed, bar the last few minutes where they had their tails up. I thought Perch was excellent when he came on, and i thought Ba held the line as best he could. The manager should be proud of the players.

Another chance to build momentum us lost, but it's a solid result and satisfactory in the circumstances. What's frustrating is that i genuinely think we'd have won if it were 11 v 11, as opposed to 10 v 12.

Chief Supt Steve Neill said: "We have received a report of racist language being used at the Sunderland versus Newcastle game.

"Northumbria Police will not tolerate racism in any form and enquiries into the report are being carried out."

Against Demba Ba apparently, spotted on telly.

Where's the quote from ?

Tiote is definitely becoming a liability. Incident in question he was getting held back and went for the ball but if a mackem hit one of our lad's shins like that we'd be screaming for him to be sent off. Hope Tiote is f***ing bollocked for that and told to stop playing like such a daft c***. Not convinced he will be though.

Indeed.

This has been coming for a while. Needs to sort his head out because he isn't playing well, with our without the needless, counterproductive aggression.

I can't deny it any more either, and i'm Cheick's biggest fan. At one point, i'd have said i would never want to see the guy change, but his aggression has over-stepped the line to carelessness on too many occasions now. Pardew needs to work on him.

However, i still don't think it was a red card today. It was late, for sure, and definitely a booking - but the guy was being fouled and he never took his eyes off the ball. It was completely innocuous and the referee was swayed by an angry crowd and an overzealous reaction from Fletcher. I can't blame the Mackems for that, i'd expect the same from us lot (or anyone), but i do blame the referee. Bad officiating tends to balance out over the course of the season, but that doesn't take away anything from what was an abysmal, abysmal performance from Atkinson.

Definitely not going to slate anything Newcastle-related today. I thought Pards had it spot on and i thought our players were good. Some were excellent, namely Coloccini (who is world class) and Simpson, who had one of his best ever games for us. Hope he keeps that up, even if he's still utterly hopeless going forward. He had McClean absolutely sussed, bar the last few minutes where they had their tails up. I thought Perch was excellent when he came on, and i thought Ba held the line as best he could. The manager should be proud of the players.

Another chance to build momentum us lost, but it's a solid result and satisfactory in the circumstances. What's frustrating is that i genuinely think we'd have won if it were 11 v 11, as opposed to 10 v 12.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Chief Supt Steve Neill said: "We have received a report of racist language being used at the Sunderland versus Newcastle game.

"Northumbria Police will not tolerate racism in any form and enquiries into the report are being carried out."

bloody hell, I thought I had spotted that but considered I was just being paranoid. Black bastard was what appeared to have been shouted, but it could have easily been mag bastard... that's what I reasoned with myself anyway.

I’m delighted we came away with something from the game and that we didn’t get beaten.

However, I felt that when Newcastle went down to 10 men we should have taken a minute or two to think, instead of getting anxious about it.

In the final third we were quite clumsy, we could have done better and we should have created a few more opportunities.

In the second half, I think sheer pressure alone yielded the equalising goal and because of that pressure I feel it was deserved.

We got the break and we had time to go and get the winning goal. It might have been harsh on Newcastle, but then again it’s almost like a reversal from our game with them last year.

We could have done better; our flair players maybe looked a little too anxious to impress, but over the course of time they will come into their own.

The pleasing aspect was that even when time was running out we kept at it and applying pressure. The crowd were willing the ball into the back of the net.

The noise that greeted the kick off was just fantastic and the noise that greeted the equalising goal was something I won’t forget in a hurry!

Can't really argue with anything O'Neill's said there, apart from the comment regarding the 'reverse fixture'. We absolutely battered them in the second half last season; whereas they had one shot on target today and actually needed one of our players to score for them.

They're a bag of wank like, Sunderland. Won't finish in the top half.

bloody hell, I thought I had spotted that but considered I was just being paranoid. Black bastard was what appeared to have been shouted, but it could have easily been mag bastard... that's what I reasoned with myself anyway.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/43981

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m delighted we came away with something from the game and that we didn’t get beaten.

However, I felt that when Newcastle went down to 10 men we should have taken a minute or two to think, instead of getting anxious about it.

In the final third we were quite clumsy, we could have done better and we should have created a few more opportunities.

In the second half, I think sheer pressure alone yielded the equalising goal and because of that pressure I feel it was deserved.

We got the break and we had time to go and get the winning goal. It might have been harsh on Newcastle, but then again it’s almost like a reversal from our game with them last year.

We could have done better; our flair players maybe looked a little too anxious to impress, but over the course of time they will come into their own.

The pleasing aspect was that even when time was running out we kept at it and applying pressure. The crowd were willing the ball into the back of the net.

The noise that greeted the kick off was just fantastic and the noise that greeted the equalising goal was something I won’t forget in a hurry!

You're at home, against your hated rivals, they take an early goal but go down to 10 men early on too... 2 shots on target thereafter and one of them from the opposition player? He should be fucking tearing strips off them but to him that was probably a great performance. They really are a poor side. I've not paid too much attention to them since he took over but people were not wrong when they said just how poor they are.

The pleasing aspect was that even when time was running out we kept at it and applying pressure. The commentator, pundit and Sky studio were willing the ball into the back of the net.

Tidied.

Guest Howaythetoon

bloody hell, I thought I had spotted that but considered I was just being paranoid. Black b****** was what appeared to have been shouted, but it could have easily been mag b******... that's what I reasoned with myself anyway.

I'm positive it was not long after the restart after Ba had just won a corner. I'm also positive it was a bloke who was wearing glasses and a hat too. I remember thinking did he just shout out something black b******?!

bloody hell, I thought I had spotted that but considered I was just being paranoid. Black b****** was what appeared to have been shouted, but it could have easily been mag b******... that's what I reasoned with myself anyway.

I'm positive it was not long after the restart after Ba had just won a corner. I'm also positive it was a bloke who was wearing glasses and a hat too. I remember thinking did he just shout out something black b******?!

Yep, I saw it too, the cunt looked like Ronnie Corbett.

Guest Slippery Sam

28th minute and Larsson handles in the box. Clear hand ball. Le Tissier says "it would have been harsh".  Crap; it was a clear and deliberate hand ball that the linesman should have seen. Another clear penalty to us at that shit hole goes missing.

28th minute and Larsson handles in the box. Clear hand ball. Le Tissier says "it would have been harsh".  Crap; it was a clear and deliberate hand ball that the linesman should have seen. Another clear penalty to us at that shit hole goes missing.

I've seen them not given, not as obvious as last year's handball.

I hate Ray Wilkins as well. Wish Sky would stop using him.

I couldn't believe it when they said Tiote's sending off was premeditated. It wasn't malicious or premeditated at all, it's clear he went for the ball he was just late.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/481016_415401521848901_273242923_n.jpg

Very lucky for SAFC that this happened before Tiote's challenge. When this happened the game was fairly calm but I think this would have Been a definite Yellow and maybe Red had it come after Tiote.

Sunderland did a great job of committing niggling minor fouls that go unpunished, which drew Newcastle into committing fouls that got punished. McClean did a fantastic job of getting inside Ben Arfa's space and slowing him down without getting caught for any fouls.

The problem was that this was committed after the whistle had gone.  I think that during play it's a yellow but because he whistle had already gone it went red

The problem was that this was committed after the whistle had gone.  I think that during play it's a yellow but because he whistle had already gone it went red

If that's true it's fucking gay. Just because he followed through a milisecond after the whistle blew, it's a red as opposed to a yellow?

Doesn't ring true with me, tbh. Was just a classic example of a shit referee being swayed by circumstance.