sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Refereeing in this country is at such a poor level and this game just strengthed my views on it.

Out of interest, where do you think there is a good standard? I don't watch an awful lot of foreign games but go to Scotland matches and we have been royally fucked over by terrible refereeing decisions by foreign refs a number of times.

Le Tissier, f*** off. Ridiculous biased commentary.

Content with a point. A little disappointing after holding on for so long and them getting so lucky with the goal but being down to ten men for so long must've been absolutely draining. Sunderland were absolutely dire like, we should smash them up here in April.

Colo, Santon + Cabaye were all terrific.

Hate him. What's he got against us?

Pardew says it was a red

And he's right.

When he's struggling to maintain possession and the ball's running away from him, he often lifts his foot into a 50-50 challenge, especially when he gets worked up. He usually gets away with a yellow, but he can't complain when, on one occasion, a ref takes sterner action.

Tiote has to lift his foot if the ball is off the ground, think about it.

Guest bimpy474

Never watched such a bias ref in a game.

Yes Tiote was reckless, but what about Larson studs to Shola in his chest, 0 CARDS!

Larsson as much as i hate him didn't go in with any nasty intent, it was a yellow at most, not even sure it was that.

Great away performance. Extremely unlucky not to leave with all three points, Coloccini was absolutely immense and Cabaye had his best game of the season. Tiote is a f***ing lemon, absolutely pointless challenge and we were in complete control until that point. We did an absolutely sterling job with 10 men and they were very fortunate to find the equaliser despite all their possession.

Krul 7

Simpson 7

Williamson 7

Coloccini 8

Santon 7

Ben Arfa 6

Tiote n/a

Cabaye 7

Jonas 6

Ba 6

Perch 6

Oh yeah and Martin Atkinson is a horrible Mackem c***.

Coloccini 8? mental.

How so?

One of the best displays I've seen from him in a Newcastle shirt, gotta be worth at least a 9.

Refereeing in this country is at such a poor level and this game just strengthed my views on it.

Out of interest, where do you think there is a good standard? I don't watch an awful lot of foreign games but go to Scotland matches and we have been royally fucked over by terrible refereeing decisions by foreign refs a number of times.

Every leagues different. English teams are much more physical than Spanish teams for example. Foreign refs fuck us over because we play physically, it's a culture thing. All I expect from a referee is to have a cool head and make 90% of decisions correct. Today I feel Atkinson got caught up in the heat of the moment with Tiote and we lost a player and potentially two points because he didn't think and sent him off in the blink of an eye.

I thought we were far better team even with one man down.

Definitely not. They bossed the game completely.

Possession means f**k all if you don't know what to do with it. Until Colo went off, we created the second half's best chance.

I guess Swansea and West Brom "bossed" us away from home last season?

:lol: Aye, just pick two games that we won.

They've got possibly the worst team in the league and we let them do whatever they wanted. That's not acceptable at all.

I do hope you've been on the ale.

I think one of the commentators said they'd created less chances than any team the top 5 leagues or something.

So we play for a draw.

You must have also missed that we led 1-0 80 minutes. Defending a lead with 10 men isn't playing for a draw. Wake up.

Defending a lead for the majority of those 80 minutes is playing for a draw. Our attacking output in the second half was embarrassing. We were terrified of going forward.

Seriously? I understand where you're coming from, but your point would have been valid had we been trailing, or at home! Losing both Tiote and Shola completely nullified our game plan and we had to improvise. Ba and Ben Arfa couldn't do much with 3 players around them at all times.

We only lost 1 player. That doesn't completely paralyse a team if your manager can adapt to it and not just do the most basic, obvious change. 10 vs 11 shouldn't mean anything when we've got the overwhelmingly better team.

If we'd have held on I'd have grinned and bared it. We didn't, and we've played this way all season.

Yes Tiote was reckless, but what about Larson studs to Shola in his chest, 0 CARDS!

Larsson as much as i hate him didn't go in with any nasty intent, it was a yellow at most, not even sure it was that.

But tiotes was 2 colours worse? Tiote should have only got yellow if Larsson was no card.

I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but the BBC report says basically "Newcastle were magnificent, Sunderland were fucking atrocious and shameful".  Magedia :rolleyes:

Guest bimpy474

But tiotes was 2 colours worse? Tiote should have only got yellow if Larsson was no card.

Agreed, said the same in the Tiote thread ;)

Happy with the point, just a shame we couldn't hang on in the end. For all their possession Sunderland created nothing and got the bit of luck. For us, they all battled hard and Colo was outstanding. As for the Tiote thing - I thought it was a yellow at first, but can see why the red was given - very stupid from him and he now sits out three games.

Am glad it's over, to be honest!

Krul 7 - did everything that could have been expected of him in the game, good on crosses and recovered from his rick where he spilled the ball adequately. Can't have been easy for him coming back in for the derby but it was like he'd never been away.

Simpson 7.5 - best game in our shirt so far, and I can't stand him as a player. He was economical with the ball, managed to limit the number of hoofs (even with ten men!) and was tight to his man, stopping the cross fairly consistently.

Coloccini 9 - our man of the match, an absolutely superhuman effort from our captain. It was like he'd never been away, he has such fantastic footballing ability and awareness and it showed today. Superb.

Williamson 7 - would have been given a higher mark had he not been beaten by O'Shea for the equaliser. Prior to that he stood up to everything the mackems were throwing at him and I particularly liked his piece of 'professional' defending that earned him a booking.

Santon 7 - didn't get forward as much as he has been doing lately but still a useful showing. He seemed to communicate better with the other members of the back four better than he usually does today and I think that helped him.

Ben Arfa 6.5 - a few fantastic bursts with the ball, particularly in the first half, and an excellent bit of play laying the ball onto Shola for the build-up to the goal. He seemed to tire a bit and fade as the game went on but we shouldn't have taken him off, particularly when anything we were gonna get was on the counter.

Cabaye 7.5 - best performance of the season so far and looked back to somewhere approaching his proper self. Class finish early doors and was an absolute terrier in midfield, covered so much ground and grafted like fuck. Short passing seemed to improve too.

Tiote n/a - was doing fine until his moment of stupidity. You can't give a cunt like Martin Atkinson any reason to send you off and sadly Tiote lost it for a split second and that's precisely what happened. Frustrating that he goes out of the team, again.

Gutierrez 5 - fairly solid for parts of the game but absolutely minging with the ball, he looked tired and weak when he had it today. He's normally prevalent in big/away games as a stand-out performer but he was the opposite today.

Shola 6 - did well to get a shot on target prior to Cabaye's goal and was doing some good work before he had to be sacrificed. Two words - nuisance value. I felt sorry for him when he went off.

Ba 7 - superhuman effort grafting away all afternoon on his own, utterly thankless task and he handled it manfully. He really needed taking off after 75-80 minutes though, he was absolutely spent and it really showed. Really didn't deserve to register an o.g., just hope it doesn't knock his confidence.

Perch 6.5 - slotted in fine and made a few excellent blockbuster tackles. He's a very reliable player to bring off the bench and shove into the midfield battle, because he acquits himself well every time and gets stuck right in for the team.

Taylor n/a - seemed to win a few headers but I think we missed Colo's leadership for those final minutes. Not his fault though ofc.

Obertan n/a - pointless sub and I can't even remember him having a touch. Not the sort you want playing in the derby, you need guts and he has absolutely none at all.

The ref: was shit and gave the mackems pretty much all the small, niggly decisions all afternoon long. Then again, we know that he's a fucking biased cunt. He couldn't have flashed that red card any faster, and Larsson not getting booked after so many bad challenges is an absolute mystery. The linesmen weren't as bad, however, they were areet I thought.

A word on 'Sess' too - absolutely shit and 'HAULED OFF!!!1!' by O'Ziff after 60-odd minutes. He was absolutely invisible and I can't wait to see the mackems claim that he's better than Ben Arfa again because today proved that he's vastly inferior as a player. We all saw what Ben Arfa did last season at home against ten men in the derby - Sessegnon barely had a kick. He's crap.

Overall - we didn't lose which is very important and it's a decent point (although a bit disappointing after leading for so long) to take from this sort of fixture. We should annihilate the horrible bastards in April, they looked such a piss poor side. For Bent, read Fletcher - one man team.

Great away performance. Extremely unlucky not to leave with all three points, Coloccini was absolutely immense and Cabaye had his best game of the season. Tiote is a f***ing lemon, absolutely pointless challenge and we were in complete control until that point. We did an absolutely sterling job with 10 men and they were very fortunate to find the equaliser despite all their possession.

Krul 7

Simpson 7

Williamson 7

Coloccini 8

Santon 7

Ben Arfa 6

Tiote n/a

Cabaye 7

Jonas 6

Ba 6

Perch 6

Oh yeah and Martin Atkinson is a horrible Mackem c***.

Coloccini 8? mental.

How so?

One of the best displays I've seen from him in a Newcastle shirt, gotta be worth at least a 9.

Fair enough. :thup:

Krul 7 - did everything that could have been expected of him in the game, good on crosses and recovered from his rick where he spilled the ball adequately. Can't have been easy for him coming back in for the derby but it was like he'd never been away.

Simpson 7.5 - best game in our shirt so far, and I can't stand him as a player. He was economical with the ball, managed to limit the number of hoofs (even with ten men!) and was tight to his man, stopping the cross fairly consistently.

Coloccini 9 - our man of the match, an absolutely superhuman effort from our captain. It was like he'd never been away, he has such fantastic footballing ability and awareness and it showed today. Superb.

Williamson 7 - would have been given a higher mark had he not been beaten by O'Shea for the equaliser. Prior to that he stood up to everything the mackems were throwing at him and I particularly liked his piece of 'professional' defending that earned him a booking.

Santon 7 - didn't get forward as much as he has been doing lately but still a useful showing. He seemed to communicate better with the other members of the back four better than he usually does today and I think that helped him.

Ben Arfa 6.5 - a few fantastic bursts with the ball, particularly in the first half, and an excellent bit of play laying the ball onto Shola for the build-up to the goal. He seemed to tire a bit and fade as the game went on but we shouldn't have taken him off, particularly when anything we were gonna get was on the counter.

Cabaye 7.5 - best performance of the season so far and looked back to somewhere approaching his proper self. Class finish early doors and was an absolute terrier in midfield, covered so much ground and grafted like fuck. Short passing seemed to improve too.

Tiote n/a - was doing fine until his moment of stupidity. You can't give a cunt like Martin Atkinson any reason to send you off and sadly Tiote lost it for a split second and that's precisely what happened. Frustrating that he goes out of the team, again.

Gutierrez 5 - fairly solid for parts of the game but absolutely minging with the ball, he looked tired and weak when he had it today. He's normally prevalent in big/away games as a stand-out performer but he was the opposite today.

Shola 6 - did well to get a shot on target prior to Cabaye's goal and was doing some good work before he had to be sacrificed. Two words - nuisance value. I felt sorry for him when he went off.

Ba 7 - superhuman effort grafting away all afternoon on his own, utterly thankless task and he handled it manfully. He really needed taking off after 75-80 minutes though, he was absolutely spent and it really showed. Really didn't deserve to register an o.g., just hope it doesn't knock his confidence.

Perch 6.5 - slotted in fine and made a few excellent blockbuster tackles. He's a very reliable player to bring off the bench and shove into the midfield battle, because he acquits himself well every time and gets stuck right in for the team.

Taylor n/a - seemed to win a few headers but I think we missed Colo's leadership for those final minutes. Not his fault though ofc.

Obertan n/a - pointless sub and I can't even remember him having a touch. Not the sort you want playing in the derby, you need guts and he has absolutely none at all.

The ref: was shit and gave the mackems pretty much all the small, niggly decisions all afternoon long. Then again, we know that he's a fucking biased cunt. He couldn't have flashed that red card any faster, and Larsson not getting booked after so many bad challenges is an absolute mystery. The linesmen weren't as bad, however, they were areet I thought.

A word on 'Sess' too - absolutely shit and 'HAULED OFF!!!1!' by O'Ziff after 60-odd minutes. He was absolutely invisible and I can't wait to see the mackems claim that he's better than Ben Arfa again because today proved that he's vastly inferior as a player. We all saw what Ben Arfa did last season at home against ten men in the derby - Sessegnon barely had a kick. He's crap.

Overall - we didn't lose which is very important and it's a decent point (although a bit disappointing after leading for so long) to take from this sort of fixture. We should annihilate the horrible bastards in April, they looked such a piss poor side. For Bent, read Fletcher - one man team.

And yet De Jong walked away scot free after his assault on Benny.

Agreed, said the same in the Tiote thread ;)

Did you see Larcunts reaction when Tiote did what he did ? I'd say he influenced the ref.... look closely.

Cabaye 7.5 - best performance of the season so far and looked back to somewhere approaching his proper self. Class finish early doors and was an absolute terrier in midfield, covered so much ground and grafted like f***. Short passing seemed to improve too.

Tiote n/a - was doing fine until his moment of stupidity. You can't give a c*** like Martin Atkinson any reason to send you off and sadly Tiote lost it for a split second and that's precisely what happened. Frustrating that he goes out of the team, again.

The ref: was s*** and gave the mackems pretty much all the small, niggly decisions all afternoon long. Then again, we know that he's a f***ing biased c***. He couldn't have flashed that red card any faster, and Larsson not getting booked after so many bad challenges is an absolute mystery. The linesmen weren't as bad, however, they were areet I thought.

A word on 'Sess' too - absolutely s*** and 'HAULED OFF!!!1!' by O'Ziff after 60-odd minutes. He was absolutely invisible and I can't wait to see the mackems claim that he's better than Ben Arfa again because today proved that he's vastly inferior as a player. We all saw what Ben Arfa did last season at home against ten men in the derby - Sessegnon barely had a kick. He's crap.

Overall - we didn't lose which is very important and it's a decent point (although a bit disappointing after leading for so long) to take from this sort of fixture. We should annihilate the horrible bastards in April, they looked such a p*ss poor side. For Bent, read Fletcher - one man team.

Shola was at the back post and played no part in the goal, it was Ba.

from twitter

Brian McNally ‏@McNallyMirror

Newcastle the better team until Tiote red & coped well with 10 men until Coloccini went off. So easy to see why so much fury from #nufc fans

Matt Le Tissier ‏@mattletiss7

So the toon fans accusing me of bias towards sunderland, why would i give man of match to coloccini? Tiote tackle dangerous in my opinion

Brian McNally ‏@McNallyMirror

Those claiming Tiote isn't hot-headed should take another look at his rap sheet. Shows he struggles to go through a game without a card.

I think a large part of my annoyance is that they generally played really badly and we didn't try to punish them, especially in the second half. None of their players stood out and they created very little but we just seemed happy to hang on. With the kind of attacking players we've got that simply isn't acceptable but it's still a recurring theme.

I don't accept a sending off after 25 mins as an excuse for the performance in the remaining 65 either.