sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Post-mortem time.

Like I've said earlier, I really can't help but feel that we've dropped 2 points here. The mackems offered absolutely fuck all - the fact that the likes of Johnson and Sessegnon (their "creativity") did nothing of note just sums up their overall performance (we had to score for them ffs ha!). I'm not talking out of my own arse here but I really do think we were just about the better team. But once again, being their usual jammy selves, the mackems got out of jail. If that's the best they can offer against a team down to 10 men, then dare I say that they're going to struggle through this season.

It was a decent, battling performance from our players (certainly after going down to 10 men) and we were desperately unlucky not to make it 2-0 in the second half. We were defensively solid (we have Colo to thank for that really) and I think keeping a solid line was the best thing to do when we went down to 10 men so bringing on Perch was a good move really.

All in all, I guess that if you had asked me what score I would settle for before the game, then 1-1 (or a score draw) would have been it. It's just a kick in the teeth to lose the lead at such a late time in the game.

Some mackems reckon that some of wor lot were singing Jimmy Saville songs today. WTF? If that's true then it's not good!

People were singing that Saville is Cattermole's dad.

Not on, IMO.

I agree, Saville's had enough s*** without that .

:lol:

Guest VegasToon

Just recovered from the early morning drinking.  All I can say is that was the worst ref performance I have ever seen.

just got in.  Gutted, tbh.  We defended extremely well and missed Colo when he went off.  Still don't think that was worthy of a red card.  A booking, definitely.  I've seen that daft Celtic fan Brian McNally call it a "lunge" on twitter.  Fuck off, ffs.

We're not great by any stretch of the imagination but fuck me they're shit.

Haven't read the other posts yet but I'm gutted at the draw. We defended like heroes - almost the perfect defensively display because they created so little. Everyone played great, especially Colo and Ben Arfa but I really don't agree with the red card. Was shocked when the ref gave it! If Tiote stays on we win that game, definitely.

Has Pardew said why he took off Colo and Ben Arfa? I agreed with him taking Shola off but those two really annoyed me.

Jammy mackem bastards!

late to the party but just wanted to say we would have pissed that with 11 men. Took us scoring an own goal for them to get anywhere near breaking us down.

Ba was a tank, great effort.

Cabaye was everywhere nipping at peoples ankles and making the loss of a man feel less than it should have. Great fitness

Coloccini. Just a superb reader of the game and great organiser. No surprise we conceded a few mins after he went off.

Well, it's startlingly obvious this match doesn't matter to anyone outside the NE. News outlets rather go with Anton Ferdinand chose not to wear a shirt as the lead story, sigh. I'm sure those attitudes  would change if we were both taking over by Arab billionaires , god forbid.

If I were a Sunderland fan I'd be livid with that performance btw. A complete lack of any invention, urgency and spark resulting in no more than a few shots on target in 90 minutes against your local rivals, at home, playing against 10 men for more than an hour. Pretty embarrassing really. I think it may have dawned on a few fans tonight that MON really isn't that good a manager.

As an aside, what a boring team they are. They're too shit to do well but not quite shit enough to go down, they'll float around in 11th/12th nicking some wins here and there and boring teams into submission. They are the mushy peas of a fish and chips. They are Green Day's other guitarist. They are Neil Armstrong's right foot.

probably already been posted

Craig Gardner ‏@CraigGards8

Good result in the end we worked our socks sorry we couldn't nick the win which I thought we deserved #hawaythelads

:lol: thick fucker.

i really do hope him and his team mates believe that btw.