Lack of Investment

Crumpy Gunt

Who was it on here that said the senior players would be happy by the lack of signings as it mean't there positions in the team were safe?  Ridiculous statement.

Safe as in unchallenged and leading to half arsed performances- hmmm looks like it to me.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The frustrating thing is that with an investment of around £15m we could have cemented our position as a top 6 club

Squad depth

'Purples' feeling they can achieve ambitions here

Better squad depth

No Simpson/Williamson!

Better morale

If I thought he was bothered I would say it serves MA right!

Willingness of fans to pour money into club regardless > Ashleys ambition for club= No success

I think this is a good point. Surprised the crowd only dropped to 49,000 from 51,000 after the Hammers game. Crowd for Maritimo will be absolutely paltry hopefully.

Willingness of fans to pour money into club regardless > Ashleys ambition for club= No success

I think this is a good point. Surprised the crowd only dropped to 49,000 from 51,000 after the Hammers game. Crowd for Maritimo will be absolutely paltry hopefully.

I was planning on going with my daughter- really not arsed- if she wants to go I probs will. dont expect much from it.  :(  shit state of affairs.

Guest neesy111

I was going to go but after the last week no chance.

The club is just bilking money from fans and treating them like mugs with their lies and patronising statements.

'Champagne football' ffs. I'd take a back-to-basic orange juice at the minute.

This is what they used to do back in the days when Westwood, McKeag and Co were running the club and things have reverted back to that after a brief interlude under Sir John and KK when most aspects of the club were being run correctly. Obviously SBR was a great manager, but past his best and we had Fat Fred making a mess of it off the field.

Things won't change while Ashley is in charge and after nearly 50 years supporting the club, I doubt whether a large percentage of fans will ever stay away unless relegation and a firesale of players occurs.

The worst investment the club has made was in appointing a manager on the cheap. Even so I would put it down to lack of football knowledge as someone like Laudrup or any other budding young manager who understands modern football would have cost peanuts the same as Pardew.

As someone has pointed out in this thread already 15m well spent in key areas could've cemented a top 6 place. 15m ffs

Assuming Pardew is on £35k p/w, that's almost exactly the cost of Pardew's contract over eight years. :anguish:

Edit: Actually, more if you factor in Employer NIC, non-cash benefits etc

We get extra tv money next year, where will that go?

I honestly think it will stay within the club, I just hope that it doesn't go on increasing players wages like income rises in the past have done.

Exiled - it has some good points, but it does read like it was written by Pardew's mum :laugh:

The discontent (for my part, anyway) is not that we're not in the top five (which obviously would have required investment we just don't have) - it's that we're not utilising our available resources/personnel to even a respectable fraction of what they can achieve (which, by my reckoning, would pitch us in or around 7th/8th).

There is an absolute chasm between us and those spots, larger than even the current league table reflects I would argue. We're very fortunate not to be lower than we are. Financial restrictions can only absolve Pardew of so much.

The club is just bilking money from fans and treating them like mugs with their lies and patronising statements.

'Champagne football' ffs. I'd take a back-to-basic orange juice at the minute.

Can I have a glass of water? Shit.

They freed up 60k per week from Alan Smith, got rid of Best, Lovenkrands, others that don't spring to mind right now.

This article while not the best and has an angle on Pardew being in a difficult situation does raise some valid points:

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/alan-pardew-being-hamstrung-by-financial-black-hole-at-newcastle/

Our lack if investment doesn't explain what is wrong with us at the minute.  A lack of investment has nothing to do with playing a system which doesn't suit our players. 

I think it would have stopped us breaking into the top 4 and over the season could have seen us drop a couple of places, it has nothing to do with us sitting below half way.

I remember getting a bit of stick when I questioned our transfer policy in the summer by people who were happy with it.  I thought that bringing in Anita was mad when we clearly needed replacements elsewhere in the team but others were happy with it, most people were if I remember rightly.

Once again our lack of investment has cost us. Clearly we couldn't hope to match mighty Southampton and their side packed with superstars led by a world class manager.

i'd put shit tactics in before the lack of investment, we have a team capable of winning the last 3 games.