Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In my opinion anything a manager says about a performance/one of his players/his bosses should immediately be disregarded.

He will always paint them in the best light possible even if he and everyone else knows he is talking absolute plop.

He talks a lot more shit (i.e. is basically less honest) than Hughton used to though.  It's understandable that listening to a total gobshite is difficult to take at times, particularly when results and performances are terrible.  I do agree that most of what managers come out with is basically hot air, however Pardew seems to take it a step further for me.

I wouldn't mind sticking with him if he didn't play 442 hoofball all the time, if he showed that he's not useless tactically then I wouldn't mind.

But he hasn't and he hasn't shown me anything that'll make believe that he'll turn it around, it also doesn't help that he talks crap in post match and in press conferences.

Those are my only problems, don't get me wrong though I like the guy I just don't think he's the man to take us forward.

I wouldn't mind sticking with him if he didn't play 442 hoofball all the time, if he showed that he's not useless tactically then I wouldn't mind.

But he hasn't and he hasn't shown me anything that'll make believe that he'll turn it around, it also doesn't help that he talks crap in post match and in press conferences.

Those are my only problems, don't get me wrong though I like the guy I just don't think he's the man to take us forward.

I'm ready for abuse.

A reasonable opinion even if I am not in full agreement.

Guest neesy111

I'm ready for abuse.

:thup:

Similar to my opinion. 

Guest bimpy474

I'm ready for abuse.

On the money  :thup:

I've said it before and i'll say it again - I think it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest he should be sacked. The first real bad run of form in his time at the club and we should hit the panic button? When has chopping and changing managers ever served us well? I think there's a reality check required.

I do understand these frustrations because I share a lot of them however I don't see getting rid of him as the magic bullet that will solve all our problems. In fact I think should the club and Pardew come out the other end of this we'll be much stronger for it.

Thankfully we've an owner who has full faith in Pardew and doesn't give a shit what we think which means unless we're floating around the bottom three come Spring he's staying.

I've said it before and i'll say it again - I think it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest he should be sacked. The first real bad run of form in his time at the club and we should hit the panic button? When has chopping and changing managers ever served us well? I think there's a reality check required.

I do understand these frustrations because I share a lot of them however I don't see getting rid of him as the magic bullet that will solve all our problems. In fact I think should the club and Pardew come out the other end of this we'll be much stronger for it.

Thankfully we've an owner who has full faith in Pardew and doesn't give a shit what we think which means unless we're floating around the bottom three come Spring he's staying.

Completely agree with that, especially the idea that sacking him will instantly improve things.

The amount of shite managers we have been through it seems strange to me that anyone would think there is this top class manager who makes all the decisions the fans would make waiting to take over.

I'm a bit torn as I think he's shown himself up as a dreadful tactician, and lost some of his motivating skills, but can't see sacking him if I'm honest will help our season, we need investment in the team in january, and then him replaced (by Martinez) over the summer. However after a stupid loss when our team has no fight, it's very difficult to want to watch that again and again. There's no managers available that I think would jump on board anyway.

I think we'll beat Wigan, but the worry is that after that game we're staring down the barrel of six games where we'll do well to pick up more than 6pts before an away FA Cup tie - the same as saw us go out last season.

We need to turn some sort of corner fucking quickly.

I'm not that confident we're going to beat Wigan.  :embarrassed:

We need to and I hope we do, but they are a very mobile passing side with pace and Martinez will have tricks up his sleave. I expect we'll be overwhelmed in midfield, especially if he plays his 352 with overlapping fullbacks running at pace. I expect they'll have much more posession than us and will be thinking faster than us all over the park as our confidence is very fragile. It's gonna be a fight and if we come out fighting we have a chance. We showed some of that fight against Stoke. An early goal will be ideal.

Think Martinez is a little overrated personally, he has spent some good money and they still just about stay up every season. Worse managers have done more in the league with less investment (us last season ironically enough).

Think Martinez is a little overrated personally, he has spent some good money and they still just about stay up every season. Worse managers have done more in the league with less investment (us last season ironically enough).

I agree. He's a little bit hyped, but canny sneaky on his day. They've beaten Spurs, Wham and Swansea in the last few weeks but lost to Liv and ManC. Depends a lot on which Wigan turns up and if we let them play. If the crowd get going and there is a bit of bite about us they may well fold.

We need to and I hope we do, but they are a very mobile passing side with pace and Martinez will have tricks up his sleave. I expect we'll be overwhelmed in midfield, especially if he plays his 352 with overlapping fullbacks running at pace. I expect they'll have much more posession than us and will be thinking faster than us all over the park as our confidence is very fragile. It's gonna be a fight and if we come out fighting we have a chance. We showed some of that fight against Stoke. An early goal will be ideal.

In our position, an early goal may just create nerves. Pardew tends to send the team out second half with a negative mentality too. We'd be best off scoring the only goal in the 94th minute. :lol:

In our position, an early goal may just create nerves. Pardew tends to send the team out second half with a negative mentality too. We'd be best off scoring the only goal in the 94th minute. :lol:

:lol:

Trying to stay positive. Fully know where you're coming from mind.

Guest bimpy474

Here's a suggestion, how about we fly at them from the first minute. A team thats prone to folding now again like Wigan is a team we should steamroller.

Or as i suspect we will hoof it forward, give them possession and let them get a foothold into the game. Great tactics that Pardew you mentalist.

2012/13 - (1.9m)

2011/12 - (1.8m)

2010/11 - 1.75m

2009/10 - 7.35m

2008/09 - (15.3m)

[ ~ Transferleague.co.uk]

I make that out as a £9.9m profit!*

(excuse any errors)

2012/13 - (1.9m)

2011/12 - (1.8m)

2010/11 - 1.75m

2009/10 - 7.35m

2008/09 - (15.3m)

They have to break even every season apparently.

Guest bimpy474

2012/13 - (1.9m)

2011/12 - (1.8m)

2010/11 - 1.75m

2009/10 - 7.35m

2008/09 - (15.3m)

Is this overall spending, net spend like ?

I agree with that although an early goal might calm the crowd down a bit.

2012/13 - (1.9m)

2011/12 - (1.8m)

2010/11 - 1.75m

2009/10 - 7.35m

2008/09 - (15.3m)

Believe so, yes. Probably easier if I just link to it.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/wigan-athletic-transfers.html

P.s £6m for Cattermole :iamatwat: Levy-esque

Guest bimpy474

2012/13 - (1.9m)

2011/12 - (1.8m)

2010/11 - 1.75m

2009/10 - 7.35m

2008/09 - (15.3m)

Believe so, yes. Probably easier if I just link to it.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/wigan-athletic-transfers.html

P.s £6m for Cattermole :iamatwat: Levy-esque

Ta mate ;)

An early goal for either side is just about the worst that can happen. For them it's game over for us, for us and it's 80 minutes of sheer terror, defending on our own goal line and howking it away.

2012/13 - (1.9m)

2011/12 - (1.8m)

2010/11 - 1.75m

2009/10 - 7.35m

2008/09 - (15.3m)

I make that out as a £9.9m profit!*

(excuse any errors)

Contrast that with the numbers other clubs in the bottom half are spending, especially last Summer. Surviving on very little is as good as it gets for Wigan.