Bordeaux vs Newcastle United - 06/12/12 @ 6pm (live on ESPN)

Dave

Elliot

Newton    Tavernier    Perch    Ferguson

Bigirimana    Abeid

Obertan    Amalfitano    Sa. Ameobi

Sh. Ameobi

That'll do pig - provided Ba, Tiote and Santon are okay for Fulham. If not then you'd obviously rest Shola, Bigi and Perch too.

Newton at RB is a bit of a stab in the dark as it's not his natural position, but he has played there a bit for the reserves/U21's this season and out of the remaining players he was the closest to the first team squad at the end of last season. Not sure if Streete is fit enough to start after just returning to training today, but he'd be another one in contention normally. Steven Logan has also played a fair bit at fullback and has a squad number as well as the other two. There's also Satka (CB), who was pulled from the reserve game on Sunday for whatever reason.

If Obertan still isn't back then Ranger could come in alongside Shola in a very direct 4-4-2 with Amalfitano and Sammy wide. If Obertan does make it Pardew might just fancy starting Ranger ahead of Shola anyway, to keep the big fella fit for some games he could be a useful option from the bench in.

Should be interesting whatever happens, although a win would seem unlikely. Think we'll see Maddison, Riley, Moyo and others on the bench too.

Pardew in the nufcTV post-match interview.

"Fans need to know...need to protect our side, massive games coming up and I can't afford to lose anybody in that game. So there will be a few debuts there."

Haven't a clue who he could be referring to.

Sold 1,200 tickets apparently, I'm one of those. Match will be the worst part as usual for away games so not too fussed. However if the players show no effort and determination ill be pissed off. Pardew better clap us aswell and make the players come over, that's all I want..

Effort determination and respect for the following fans. Please thanks and goodnight

Play the strongest XI.

I know it's because you're going but to be fair i think we should have either treated it as an U21 competition or played our strongest team in it everytime as part of our problems have been lack of continuity of players in the team and those coming in for this and then being left out for the PL being demotivated as no matter how well they'd done they knew they'd be out at the weekend.

Play the strongest XI.

I know it's because you're going but to be fair i think we should have either treated it as an U21 competition or played our strongest team in it everytime as part of our problems have been lack of continuity of players in the team and those coming in for this and then being left out for the PL being demotivated as no matter how well they'd done they knew they'd be out at the weekend.

I'm honestly not bothered about the team he plays tbh.

I would actually love it if Xisco gets a game :lol:

Play the strongest XI.

I'm honestly not bothered about the team he plays tbh.

I would actually love it if Xisco gets a game :lol:

He should do except i think he's injured.

Ranger needs to start as well in my John Humble.

I'd still stick Marveaux in there - he needs games if he's going to keep last night's form going.

We can't just leave him out because he's made of matchsticks

I would usually agree but without Cabaye we have absolutely no one else to play the role he played last night....

I'd keep him for the weekend, if we had more attacking midfielders capable of playing that role in front of Tiote and Anita then yeah but we don't.

I would play something like this (if the players are fit).

Elliot/Harper

Tavernier        Perch          Williamson        Ferguson

Obertan      Marveaux      Bigi      Amalfitano    Sammy

Cisse

Lightweight but attacking and quick, plus it would mix up the players in need of confidence/getting fit and some of the fringe players.