Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Man City - 15/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 32

Beren

We were brilliant, so many positives to take. Play like that against QPR and we'll destroy them.

We played against a team who let us play in the second half so they could soak up and counter. QPR won't - they'll be a lot tighter on us.

Brilliant my arse. We're in big, big trouble.

We were brilliant, so many positives to take. Play like that against QPR and we'll destroy them.

We played against a team who let us play in the second half so they could soak up and counter. QPR won't - they'll be a lot tighter on us.

Also agree. We offer absolutely zero threat from wide unless Santon is up there and, when he is, we're exposed at the back due to tired legs Gutierrez.

At least we have a few positives out the game today, anita looked a class and his delivery was better than it has been, marv looked sharper when he came on and at times we played some really good stuff and pretyy much bossed the second halve till tiote came off. we need to keep this up, hopefully cisse from the end of last turns up at some point as well.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly, people are seeing the best because we have been better than usual.

I'm fucking worried, losing is a habit and it has taken Pardew until now to figure out 4-4-2 is bollocks.

That performance today was top draw.

Finally back to your best. Couldn't agree more. We were good for the first 8 minutes, after that we conceded twice and City invited us into the game.

Finally back to your best. Couldn't agree more. We were good for the first 8 minutes, after that we conceded twice and City invited us into the game.

Thinking about it again, I agree with the above.

Really angry at the team selection of Jonas starting and/or playing as long as he did. Taking Tiote off was stupid too.

We went down fighting, but it's still a worry. We're not creating much down the centre, and we're heavily reliant on crosses and set pieces.

Again the balance in the midfield looked wrong. Marveaux should start.

Absolute bullshit.

That was a very good team performace today. No idea why you'd want to denigrate that.

Guest bimpy474

0 points.

That´s what´s matter.

But did we expect anything else regarding the result? The performance was a lot better and we deserve to feel positive about it. Do the same next week and it won't be 0 points.

And that is the problem, we haven't done it against the poorer sides all season.

Krul: 7 - Didn't do much wrong but disappointing to see a ball go through his legs, thought bit unfortunate. Didn't hoof it so badly, and ran out to stop Tevez brilliantly.

Simpson: 7 - Good game for him imo, worked hard, actually got a few crosses into the box, usual few niggles

Williamson: 8 - Didn't do much wrong imo

Collo: 8 - Saved us a few times

Santon: 4/8 - Cost us badly for first two goals, second half he stepped up and was his usual self but was too late and the damage was done

Perch: 7 - Tidy but unspectacular performance, more like the perch of the end of last season than he has been recently, nothing creative of spectaclar, just diligent defending

Tiote: 7 - Second half was the Tiote of old, first half not so much

Anita: 9 - So often this season we seem to have not pressured the opposition at all and always always lose the second ball, this game Anita was everywhere, got every second ball, and what really impresses me is how quick thinking he is, seeing passes in split second tight situations, he'll be great

Jonas: 4 - Made some good crosses which partially redeems him but the left hand side was a total shambles and he was guilty too

Ba: 7 - Prolly should have scored more, thought he was alright but his targetting on shots with his feet is off atm

Cisse: 4 - Worked hard, but for his best chance did all the hard work then fluffed the shot, he's basically a worse version of Torres atm.

Krul - 6; No chance for either goals, did well when called upon.

Simpson - 6. Deserved higher till the third goal.

Williamson - 7.5. That's what I want to see. Good positioning and command.

Coloccini - 8. Led by example. Went up lots of times, and got the assist. Class positioning defensively.

Santon - 5.5. Positive but ultimately at fault for the two goals.

Anita - 8.5. Man of the match. As I said before, he's a fusion of Tiote's work ethic and defensive prowess and Cabaye's passing and technique.                    Great movement, best CM performance from us for some time.

Tiote - 7. Careless but very good in the second half. Suicidal to remove a player on the up.

Perch - 6. Solid but unspectacular.

Jonas - 5. How does he start week in, week out? Is he the new Kevin Nolan? Invisible but undroppable (to Pards).

Cisse - 5. So out of form. Last season, that chance he had would be flying in.

Ba - 7.5. Put himself about well and got the goal. Great movement in the box.

Ameobi - 6. Should have directed his header better.

Marveaux - 6. Right sub, wrong man to replace. Wrong position too. The absence of an enforcer led to their third goal. Not as effective centrally as well.

Ferguson - 6. His crossing still needs work, but it's got potential.

Pardew - 5.5. Spot on tactics to play direct, but has to be blamed for a poor defensive performance and baffling substitutions.

Thinking about it again, I agree with the above.

Really angry at the team selection of Jonas starting and/or playing as long as he did. Taking Tiote off was stupid too.

So it was City's plan to get it to 2-1?

Guest bimpy474

People knocking the performance today are just manic depressives. :lol:

Or can see the bigger picture, one good performance in a game you are expected to lose. Next week will be completely different and when we have played the poorer sides what have the results been exactly ?

Absolute bullshit.

That was a very good team performace today. No idea why you'd want to denigrate that.

Alright Kim.