Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Man City - 15/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 32

Beren

Has owt been said about them chucking a flare into our fans in the Leazes? f***ing scummy c***s.

Was it a flare?  I thought it was a bag of blue powder or something.  I noticed that the police numbers in with the Man City fans were a lot higher after that than before.

Definitely looked like a flare. That's twice in the space of a week they've been seen to be chucking stuff at opposition fans/players. Would be nice if something was done about it.

Not a very pleasant story to tell, and I'm copying and pasting from earlier. I apologise in advance for the language used, but it is an accurate portrayal.

Lost today, as expected. City fans were twats, some of them, flares thrown into the lower tiers, and I'm not talking trousers.

These things bothered me very little. What bothered me were at least two alleged Newcastle fans, ones I've heard a lot of shit from before.

"You black cunt"

"fuck off back home Yaya"

and

"Fuck off back to Africa"

I probably should have gone straight to report this, but being a daft twat thought I'd confront him. The details are sketchy at this point, but I wasn't injured, merely threatened to have my head kicked in.

I may talk tough sometimes, but I'll admit I was fucking terrified. I'm sure I've been more scared, but not very often.

Not very long story shortened, I wasn't going back to those seats under any circumstances, there's a bunch of them. I was all for going home, but security/stewards got us a couple of seats at pitch level in the Leazes.

They played much better second half and I really didn't give a toss. I don't know the outcome re:the racism, but I know at least one person confirmed the things I heard, and frankly I'm guessing dozens more did.

This is the 21st Century. What is wrong with people?

Didn't know where to post this, apologies if I've done it wrong. I'm ashamed that I've heard some of this shit before and done nothing but get annoyed. I was also daft not to take it straight to security. This is not who we are, or shouldn't be.

Might be worth putting it into the racism thread. It doesn't surprise me at all as our own club has it's fair share of troglodytes as well, in particular from our very own match goers. Some of the ignorance shown when you're at away games is pathetic too.

Cheers, I'll do that. I'm not thinking too straight this afternoon.

Not a very pleasant story to tell, and I'm copying and pasting from earlier. I apologise in advance for the language used, but it is an accurate portrayal.

Lost today, as expected. City fans were twats, some of them, flares thrown into the lower tiers, and I'm not talking trousers.

These things bothered me very little. What bothered me were at least two alleged Newcastle fans, ones I've heard a lot of s*** from before.

"You black c***"

"f*** off back home Yaya"

and

"f*** off back to Africa"

I probably should have gone straight to report this, but being a daft t*** thought I'd confront him. The details are sketchy at this point, but I wasn't injured, merely threatened to have my head kicked in.

I may talk tough sometimes, but I'll admit I was f***ing terrified. I'm sure I've been more scared, but not very often.

Not very long story shortened, I wasn't going back to those seats under any circumstances, there's a bunch of them. I was all for going home, but security/stewards got us a couple of seats at pitch level in the Leazes.

They played much better second half and I really didn't give a toss. I don't know the outcome re:the racism, but I know at least one person confirmed the things I heard, and frankly I'm guessing dozens more did.

This is the 21st Century. What is wrong with people?

Didn't know where to post this, apologies if I've done it wrong. I'm ashamed that I've heard some of this s*** before and done nothing but get annoyed. I was also daft not to take it straight to security. This is not who we are, or shouldn't be.

You were right to confront them, well done.  I've seen red mist with people twice in the last few seasons and nearly had a couple of fights.  The first was for some bastard spitting at somebody in the row above me and hitting me.  The second time was when some people were sexually abusing a woman who was with her kid and I just lost it with them.

I couldn't give a shit if they like it or not, I hate anything like what you've been through and you were right to say something.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Just to clarify, as I didn't really. I did report these incidents. I was still rather rattled when I wrote it (elsewhere). Hopefully the club will show more balls than they have in the past.

That's the thing like. Times when I've witnessed bother and the stewards do nowt but tell them to calm down.

Has owt been said about them chucking a flare into our fans in the Leazes? f***ing scummy c***s.

Was it a flare?  I thought it was a bag of blue powder or something.  I noticed that the police numbers in with the Man City fans were a lot higher after that than before.

Definitely looked like a flare. That's twice in the space of a week they've been seen to be chucking stuff at opposition fans/players. Would be nice if something was done about it.

Thought it was a blue smoke bomb, absolutly stank, lucky no one was hurt really.

Guest firetotheworks

Just got back now.

Im happy to take the clear positives from that match if we take it into the QPR match.

A few notes:

Jonas needed to be dropped at least one match ago when we had a proven replacement in Marveaux, that hasn't changed.

Cisse played well in his wrong position and badly when in his real position.

Anita was very good. Comfortably our MOTM.

Williamson was surprisingly good in the second half.

Tiote is getting on my tits a bit.

Id kill to have Zabaleta as our right back, especially if it was Simpson I was killing. That moment when everyone shouted 'NOOOOO' when he wanted the corner played to him short, man. :lol:

Krul 7 - Stopped it from being a cricket score.

Simpson 2 - Offered nothing going forward, completely at fault for the third goal. Just fucking buy Debuchy in January.

Williamson 5.5 - One of his better performances, but the guy is just completely out of his depth. At fault for the second along with Colo

Coloccini 5.5 - Same as Williamson, better in the second half but struggled for much of the first.

Santon 5 - Beaten for the first goal but it was an excellent pass from Yaya Toure. Poor defensively but offered much more than the full back on the other side going forward.

Perch 6 - Competed well enough in the middle, enjoyed his foul on Toure in the second half.

Tiote 6.5 - Decent display, distribution of the ball was good when we were on top and did his normal job relatively. STOP FUCKING SHOOTING!

Anita 7.5 - Brilliant once again. Our best player in the last few weeks.

Jonas 5.5 - A half decent display, better delivery in the second half

Cisse 6 - Better, movement was good, should have scored at 2-1 down.

Ba 7 - Good goal, could possibly have had more. Need to tie him to a new deal asap.

Marveaux 6 - Gave us some additional creativity, should have been on a lot earlier.

Shola 5 - Didn't have chance to do much.

Ferguson 5 - See Shola.

Guest bimpy474

Ray Wilkins having a fucking mare on SS here.

"Oh they'll miss Tiote, Cisse and Ba due to the ACoN in January". Mackem host "Cisse and Ba aren't going Ray", Wilkins "Oh well that's great news for Noocarstle then".

Literally, seconds later:

RW "Citeh will miss Yaya Toure when he goes to the ACoN, I mean they just capitulated last year without him".

Host "Thanks Ray. Though we should just clarify that Citeh won 4 out of the 5 games he missed last year".

Aye, too true. Also pointed the finger at Williamson for not marking Garcia well enough for the second. It was Perch, like, but they do look very similar. Meanwhile, Williamson was covering Y Toure at the far post I think. Or possibly Scholes, it's so confusing. Invoice for my expert word to follow.

Garcia was Colo's man at the corners.

I didn't mean he'd picked the right culprit, just that he'd misidentified the man he was talking about. :)

Ahh right, sorry mate ;)

Simpson 2 - Offered nothing going forward, completely at fault for the third goal. Just f***ing buy Debuchy in January.

Williamson 5.5 - One of his better performances, but the guy is just completely out of his depth. At fault for the second along with Colo

Coloccini 5.5 - Same as Williamson, better in the second half but struggled for much of the first.

Santon 5 - Beaten for the first goal but it was an excellent pass from Yaya Toure. Poor defensively but offered much more than the full back on the other side going forward.

Perch 6 - Competed well enough in the middle, enjoyed his foul on Toure in the second half.

Tiote 6.5 - Decent display, distribution of the ball was good when we were on top and did his normal job relatively. STOP f***ing SHOOTING!

Ba 7 - Good goal, could possibly have had more. Need to tie him to a new deal asap.

Marveaux 6 - Gave us some additional creativity, should have been on a lot earlier.

Ferguson 5 - See Shola.

Simpson 2, give over man.  :lol:

Simpson 2 - Offered nothing going forward, completely at fault for the third goal. Just f***ing buy Debuchy in January.

Tiote 6.5 - Decent display, distribution of the ball was good when we were on top and did his normal job relatively. STOP f***ing SHOOTING!

Ferguson 5 - See Shola.

And 5.5 for Williamson is very harsh. He played quite well today.

Ferguson 5 - See Shola.

:lol: :lol:

I just hate him man, absolutely hate him. Seems a decent person, but he's an awful footballer. His lack of effort for their third was deplorable and I just can't forgive him after we put so much effort into getting back into the game.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think I've ever known everyone to do something like that about one of our own players. As sad as it is, I think a collective message was sent that was a lot stronger than the usual groan when a player loses the ball.

Man City are a freak show like. taking the piss out of the fair play rules.  and thier players are a bunch of fucking windging premadonas. they believe they should not be challenged, or have free kicks against thier fowls. despicable bunch of absolute wankers.  toure rolling a dozen times from a tackle the big girls blouse.

Man City are a freak show like. taking the p*ss out of the fair play rules.  and thier players are a bunch of f***ing windging premadonas. they believe they should not be challenged, or have free kicks against thier fowls. despicable bunch of absolute wankers.  toure rolling a dozen times from a tackle the big girls blouse.

Mariner was shit and didn't help, we seemed to get a booking for every tackle early on while they got away with the same tackles.

really think defensively our left hand side was awfully during vast majority of the game. Both Colo and Santon had no control on the opposition. That aside I really think we played good parts during that game, but jonas comes out the looser yet again, offers little both defensively and offensively. Anita is starting to look the act wich is a bonus, great work rate and seems to be available for the pass rather often aswell.

Very encouraging all round performance baring a few stupid defensive lapses. The least upset I've been about a defeat in ages. We kept it on the deck and caused them plenty of problems, just lacked a clinical final ball at times. Thought Anita was excellent, as was Perch.

City were the biggest bunch of pansies I've seen at St. James' in years. Constantly rolling around after nothing challenges.

All in all, the signs are promising that we are starting to pull out of our poor form. Stoke away was a decent performance, beat Wigan, played well for long periods against Fulham (I thought) and did well today. Just need to cut out the defensive lapses and get a little bit more fluidity going forward, and to echo Dave's thoughts, get the chequebook out in January.

Aye, must be some sort of game plan. It pissed me off enormously but was engulfed by how pissed off I was by so many other things. (sigh) :(

Difficult to reconcile what was a decent performance with another home defeat. At 2-1 it really looked like we could get something out of the game but there again they could have scored more than 3.

Jonas is so far off his game at the moment we're carrying him, but the much maligned Williamson had a good game, especially considering who he was up against and made a couple of vital tackles and interceptions. Anita looked classy which of course, as a top graduate of the Ajax academy and Dutch international, we should never have doubted.

Really thought we had a chance until their goal in the second half.  What a shame.

At least we showed a bit of gusto though which is nice and rather unexpected.

Also, I didn't like the yelling at each other and the inquest after Santon scuffed the clearance.  Really no need for that kind of crap and is a sign of a team not playing for each other.  It was disappointing to see.