Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ba played wide left at Hoffenheim and West Ham i'm pretty certain his ability to play more than one role ( in theory) was part of what made us interested in the first place.

If you look at our transfers, versatility is a thing we are big on and i think that was one of the plus points we saw with Ba.

Ba played wide left at Hoffenheim and West Ham i'm pretty certain his ability to play more than one role ( in theory) was part of what made us interested in the first place.

If you look at our transfers, versatility is a thing we are big on and i think that was one of the plus points we saw with Ba.

If that's what you think fine. Personally I believe him being a forward with a decent goalscoring record, Premiership experience and (especially) available on a free were far more important factors than some long term gameplan where he would feature wide left. We barely played 433 during his time here, and time and time again Pardew has proven to be a conservative, 442 man, so I think this is just hopeful thinking from your part.

Guest Big Al

Shola suspended, Cisse the only forward left for the Norwich game, they really should press ahead with this transfer this week if indeed we are in for him.

It will be really funny if Papiss does not recover in time for Norwich - we'll play f***ing Sammy I presume or our utility man James upfront - classy side has been built by our strategists AP, DL and MA, no doubt.

In fact Remy is very quiet and silencious about what he wants.

The french press know nothing about his projects

We're not in similar case than Debuchy (or Ben Arfa before)

Do you know of his personal friendships, are any of our current French contingent friends or ex-team-mates.

:thup:

So we could sign him ASAP and get him in the squad. Still, it'd be much more sensible to save a couple of weeks of wages and perhaps a few quid off the transfer fee. There are only three winnable matches this month.

So we could sign him ASAP and get him in the squad. Still, it'd be much more sensible to save a couple of weeks of wages and perhaps a few quid off the transfer fee. There are only three winnable matches this month.

Might as well, plenty people in the summer were advocating leaving getting Debuchy until January because "it won't make much difference and we'll get a better deal"

How right they were.

Guest hatem garrincha

Do you know of his personal friendships, are any of our current French contingent friends or ex-team-mates.

In Lyon academy with HBA at the same period plus he knows Cabaye and Debuchy from the french national team.

I don't think it's close friendship anyway

In Lyon academy with HBA at the same period plus he knows Cabaye and Debuchy from the french national team.

hatem  you seem to know a lot about him would he in your opinion make a a) Massive  b) pretty good c) alright difference to us ??

Guest hatem garrincha

hatem  you seem to know a lot about him would he in your opinion make a a) Massive  b) pretty good c) alright difference to us ??

Pretty good. The rest is Pardew problem and Job. How will he use him ?

Guest hatem garrincha

OM are at home to Guingamp in the French Cup tomorrow.

And there's chance he'll start

What time is kick off?

14h15 french time.

I don't know who ask recently but his wage at Marseille is Eur 50K/week.

We would probably offer about the same then tbh.

Thing is ever since this rumor surfaced i keep hearing that he was very angry that OM blocked a summer move and is just desperate to play.

Obviously we can offer that and you would think the french contingent would help him settle in.

Just get it done Mike, no messing about we need to stay up and quite frankly saving a few pennies just to get relegated doesn't even make economic sense.

Might as well, plenty people in the summer were advocating leaving getting Debuchy until January because "it won't make much difference and we'll get a better deal"

How right they were.

I don't recall anyone saying that, let alone "plenty". But presumably to post that...you've got links ready to prove me wrong :D

Simpson was the same bag of shite then as he is now. Leaving Debuchy (until this January window) was never advocated by people on here, man.

Here's one to kick you off:

I still think we can push for top 5 or 6 this season. I have no problem with people wanting us to show ambition... I do too... but I do have a problem when it turns into another opportunity to have a go at the board, when in reality, this club has come on leaps and bounds in the last three years and they have demonstrated that they actually know what they're doing. If they think we can get the players in in January for a better deal, or someone better will be available then, then I am willing to trust them on that. If I was the manager, I'd of course have wanted a RB and ST in, but I also don't think it is as ludicrous a decision not to.

It could actually be the making of some of our youngsters.

Always looking on the bright side me :lol:

ps. almost word for word what Ian said.

Tons of defence of the window in that thread. It's astonishing.