Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They want to build a new stadium and they will get a lot of corporate sponsors from Asia. Fernandes is a smart guy. He's not a guy who lucked or was born into money. He has business sense. He's investing now and hopes that it'll pay off later. The sustainability of the club will depend on their revenue but he already has a plan for increasing their revenue. That's much more than Portsmouth ever had. Whether he's successful is another matter but they're certainly not a Portsmouth who had owners who spent beyond their capabilities.

There's a clear difference between offering someone 40k a week when you get 50k plus attendances and offering someone 80k a week when you get 20k attendances.

There's something very unsettling about a club with that infrastructure offering those wages. You'd think Harry would have learned but shit doesn't stick with him. He'll stay there just long enough to milk any plaudits and then scarper before it all goes tits up.

Why are people complaining about him choosing money over coming to us? Who's more likely to have success? The club willing to pay top money or the club that isn't? Is he suppose to come to us and think to himself that we're more likely to be successful when we always always lower wages? Come on. Get real. Clubs that offer the most money get the best players. If QPR offer the most money to the best players, players will come and play for them, and they will be more successful than us. If their owner is willing to subsidise them then it's fair enough.

Let's not kid ourselves and say he chose money over us. He chose money and the potential of success over us, a choice that given to any other footballer would be the same. You tellin me Ben Arfa will stay with us long term if Chelsea offer him 100k/pw? QPR are, at the moment, far away from Chelsea, but if they keep on offering top dollar to talented players then they'll end up being closer to Chelsea than we are.

I'm disappointed in him choosing them over us but it's really reflective of the way the game is structured at the moment. On the one hand, clubs that try to operate with a sensible financial model like us are screwed. But on the other hand, if QPR couldn't do this, they'd already be consigned to relegation, which also isn't fair. If they can and want to pay, let them pay. If FFP comes in hard, it will lock away the top league positions forever because clubs like us and them will never be able to generate enough revenue to compete with Arsenal and Man Utd. And how are most clubs supposed to build big enough stadiums to bring in more revenue when all they're doing is competing for 8th? It's a vicious circle. If we weren't being fucked over, I would say well done to QPR because they're doing what they have to do to survive.

You can't persuade me that his choice is based on the chances of success, as well as money. QPR are bottom of the league, and a few days ago, Remy was refusing to speak to them. On the point of us signing him, QPR basically threw money at him in a rather desperate gesture.

A few days ago, Redknapp was moaning about having to deal with players who were on sky-high wages who weren't motivated to deliver for the club. Now he's signed a player who didn't want to come, and who has only been persuaded by mega-dosh.

It didn't work out for us with Owen, and I don't think it'll work for them.

If QPR are willing to do this for everyone, they will be successful.

It's really a no lose situation for him. He plays well, QPR survives, he stays and watches them rocket up the table with new players and a good manager.

He doesn't play well, QPR survives, he collects money and gets to play in the Premiership.

He plays well, QPR gets relegated, clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool will be all over a Premiership-proven player. This is his best case scenario. He gets a move to a big club and still gets paid.

He doesn't play well, QPR gets relegated. This is his worst case scenario and it still entails him getting 70k/pw.

There's no chance he's coming to us for 40k/pw. No chance.

Which begs the question - how much of an incentive does he have to keep QPR up? If they continue to struggle, it's questionable what would be in his interests. If they get relegated, he gets a move to a bigger club (maybe not as big as Chelsea, but bigger none the less). If they stay up, he faces more seasons with a struggling club.

This is the issue that QPR need to consider. Clubs should really be trying to sign players who see them as a step-up.

Guest icemanblue

A lot of people's opinions of QPR seem to have changed based solely on this deal, like. I do wonder if those opinions would have changed if they'd hijacked a deal of another club.

just had a look at paper talk on ssn to see if it's been updated yet....seen the journal from yesterday...

"Newcastle United have answered Alan Pardew's striker SOS with an £8.3million move for France international Loic Remy. United agreed a fee with Marseille on Saturday evening and Remy jetted into Tyneside yesterday for a medical ahead of signing a five-year contract."

:yao:

total fabrication then?

did people think he was contemplating coming here for equivalent wages to what he was on in france?  of course he wasn't, we were offering more than marseilles and now QPR have offered more than us

market economy, he'll have inserted a relegation clause if he has any sense as he should have done if he'd joined us

i have no problem with it, move on - fast

Unproven in premiership, no loss to us, not arsed, Bring in Shefki Kuqi. Sorted  O0

I assume you're joking?

One of the few teams below us has strengthened by gazzumping us for a player we obviously thought was good enough to help us stay up.

Canny loss to be fair, I'm gutted about this, mainly due to the fact our number 2 target has stated he won't be moving. I also think the club would rather wait till summer than spend on our 3rd, 4th choice or whatever especially considering they'll have had a million or 2 added to their price tag over the past 12 hours.

Shit situation....again :(

The loss is compounded by the fact it's one of the relegation zone teams if he beds in and kicks them on it could backfire on us massively. Hope we have a back up plan

This and the fact that we've gone half of the window working on a deal that has now come to nothing. We're highly unlikely to get one of our other targets.

A lot of people's opinions of QPR seem to have changed based solely on this deal, like. I do wonder if those opinions would have changed if they'd hijacked a deal of another club.

well, i personally do not like their strategy. Nothing to with this hijacking...except that i can´t stop thinking about all the players coming here in the past just for the money.

A player who doesn´t even wanna talk to a club 2 days before he signs for them. Its just very unsexy and thats why i think i like our wage structure here.

Hmmm I dont think you would have found anyone saying 'QPR run their club brilliantly'. Its been pretty evident that they are a bunch of idiots (didnt they sign three keepers on big wages in the summer?). But obviously because we've been 'hijacked', of course its going to be talked about by us because it involves us.

Unproven in premiership, no loss to us, not arsed, Bring in Shefki Kuqi. Sorted  O0

I assume you're joking?

One of the few teams below us has strengthened by gazzumping us for a player we obviously thought was good enough to help us stay up.

Canny loss to be fair, I'm gutted about this, mainly due to the fact our number 2 target has stated he won't be moving. I also think the club would rather wait till summer than spend on our 3rd, 4th choice or whatever especially considering they'll have had a million or 2 added to their price tag over the past 12 hours.

s*** situation....again :(

not joking no, do you think hes going to team up with cisse at qpr and make the difference to survive? have you seen qpr play?

Chances are he wont settle, or he wont be fit. its a massive gamble by Harry and his kamikaze management style.  Had it been a proven premiership striker, in form, I would have been gutted. As it is I think theres better options available - even a short term loan at this stage would be preferable.