Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I doubt he'd even have heard if QPR before the summer. Sickening that a tin pot club can just go and spend willy nilly, despite having nowhere near enough resources to really fund it. I always assumed that FFP wouldn't come down on the big boys but would impact the lower level clubs that do overspend like QPR, going off comments on here tonight however, it seems I was mistaken. Absolute farce.

They haven't come into effect yet so we really don't know exactly how they'll affect any club.

it has, Malaga kicked out of europe for one season and fined €350k odd which I find a strange punishment when finances are bad to begin with

He always wanted to move to London, shove double the wage in his face and Harry's bullshit and he is away. Just have to move on, if he isn't eager to player for us then I don't want him, eventually it would show in his performances. Doesn't take away the complete shock and horror of the whole situation though.

Guest firetotheworks

I doubt he'd even have heard if QPR before the summer. Sickening that a tin pot club can just go and spend willy nilly, despite having nowhere near enough resources to really fund it. I always assumed that FFP wouldn't come down on the big boys but would impact the lower level clubs that do overspend like QPR, going off comments on here tonight however, it seems I was mistaken. Absolute farce.

They haven't come into effect yet so we really don't know exactly how they'll affect any club.

We've touched on this elsewhere like, but do you really think they'll make any real difference? Because, I don't. The organisations that will implement it are all corrupt as fuck.

I know they haven't, supposed to be implemented next season aren't they? Clubs mustn't be fearing it though, QPR already have an apparently terrible wages to turnover ratio and were needing to cut back as of 2 weeks ago, and yet they can go and spunk money still.

We've touched on this elsewhere like, but do you really think they'll make any real difference? Because, I don't. The organisations that will implement it are all corrupt as fuck.

won't stop any of the established elite doing as they feel like but anyone who breaks into their neat little cartel uefa hammer

it has, Malaga kicked out of europe for one season and fined €350k odd which I find a strange punishment when finances are bad to begin with

They haven't reviewed this league yet based on all the current years financials though surely?

FFP is still yet to kick in really. it only started last season (didn't it ?) as the first season that would be noted (as part of a 3 year rolling scheme). so many clubs will fall foul but the proof will be if UEFA follow through not only on the qpr's who seem to be making no disguise but the man citeh's and their sponsorship for 300mil of their training ground and academy

I know they haven't, supposed to be implemented next season aren't they? Clubs mustn't be fearing it though, QPR already have an apparently terrible wages to turnover ratio and were needing to cut back as of 2 weeks ago, and yet they can go and spunk money still.

Maybe they think its worth the risk when the alternative is relegation and missing out on the massive increase in TV revenue next year?  I don't know but I'm just not prepared to assume nothing will be done before we even see the beginnings of these regulations.

I've got nothing against QPR as a club and have a good friend who is a supporter. They've got some pretty uppity neighbours who must wind them up all the time.

I feel a bit sorry for their genuine fans because I can only see this ending badly for them at some point in the future. I can't even see the ineviteble financial ruin being worth it. I can't see them going on some fantastic European adventure over the next 3/4 seasons that they'll look back fondly on in years to come.

Football is shite.

I wonder how Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Cisse etc will see tonight's events. Is our refusal to raise our wage offer a sign of lacking ambition or will they just be disappointed at Remy's stupidity?

Stupidity and disappointment allround, and I would expect just as much worry as us. Don't blame the club too much though. It is hard to get the highest level of player with our budget, but our reasoning for the budget is sound, for me anyway.

They haven't reviewed this league yet based on all the current years financials though surely?

no that part is ongoing as far as I'm aware but it will mean fuck all, see all the sudden huge sponsorships PSG Chelsea and City are pulling from shockingly enough companys located where the owners of the respective clubs are from

I wonder how Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Cisse etc will see tonight's events. Is our refusal to raise our wage offer a sign of lacking ambition or will they just be disappointed at Remy's stupidity?

remy's stupidity ? in his position i'd have probably done the same if the wages quoted are anywhere near true.

Well this is lovely news to wake up to.

Can't really say I'm surprised though, can't really blame Remy for opting for double the wages and I can't blame Llambias and Ashley for refusing to match them.

Been a lovely few days.

no that part is ongoing as far as I'm aware but it will mean f*** all, see all the sudden huge sponsorships PSG Chelsea and City are pulling from shockingly enough companys located where the owners of the respective clubs are from

there isw suposed to be a comittee to sit and look on any sponsorship deals for legitimacy. sounds good in theory but you know how crooked uefa are with blatter (always get the feeling platini stays on blatters side just so he can get the top job then do it properly)

:lol: Here we go, the Sun claiming he rejected us because of our poor form this season. Nothing to do with the money like

HARRY REDKNAPP last night sealed a shock £15million swoop for France stars Loic Remy and Yann M’Vila.

QPR’s boss pounced for £8m Remy within hours of the Marseille striker rejecting Newcastle.

And Redknapp then sealed a £7m deal for Rennes’ bad-boy midfielder M’Vila after watching him in action at the weekend.

Both players will go straight into the struggling Rangers team to face West Ham at Upton Park on Saturday.

Remy, 26, is a major coup for Redknapp as the hitman looked to be heading to Newcastle.

The Toon had agreed a fee with Marseille and the player is believed to have negotiated a £70,000-a-week deal.

But talks broke down yesterday afternoon with Remy unconvinced by the prospect of a move to St James’ Park given the club’s current form.

A Toon insider admitted: “This time last year we had to beat clubs off and had a queue of players wanting to join us. Now it’s a different situation.”

That makes Remy’s decision to join QPR’s relegation battle all the more surprising.

But Redknapp delayed his return to London from France yesterday and convinced Remy he can be a major factor in the club’s survival fight.

QPR chief executive Philip Beard flew out to join him and the surprise double deal was concluded in Paris before the pair jetted back to England.

M’Vila, 22, has 22 caps for France but he is currently serving a two-year ban for breaking a curfew and going out clubbing while on international duty.

Just found out that his agent is actually Frederic Guerra, the same man who represented Ollie Bernard back in the day. He acted a c*** then and he has over this, officially going on my hate list that bloke.

EDIT: Mobile:+33-6/8780 3862  :lol: