Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Liverpool do bring in more money but not to the proportions they spend more than us, not even close.

They beat us 6-0 on our own patch with Downing and Henderson in the team, the latter scoring twice. Yet certain people on here think they're the mugs and we're the dead clever ones. Absolutely embarrassing.

Who is saying we are dead clever? I think most people see the positives in our dealings as well as the pitfalls, right now those pitfalls are unfortunately shining through, in Jan it was very different.

Liverpool are mugs for what they spent and brought in, or are they mugs to let Downing go for £6m now since he played in a match they won 6-0? It's one or the other.

This is basically all anyone has ever claimed. I've never said our approach is the only one, I just see the positives in it. Certainly beats spunking money on the shite players we used to buy.

Does it beat spending money on good players?

Again, why is Graham Carr still in employment if we don't trust his judgement on even an £8m striker, which by Premier League standards is below average?

Course not, as I said if it was simple to always sign the right players and move up the league there would be no risk at all.

I think we were prepared to pay £8m for Gomis, weren't we? The wrangling seems to be over shadowy agents fees etc.

Why do we keep pissing our knickers over agent fees? It's part and parcel of football, you have to pay them, everyone else does it without publicising it or whinging about it.

It's like moaning about an airline adding admin fees onto your flight. Moan all you like and don't bother out of principle if you wish but if you want to go on holiday, shut the fuck up and pay it.

Didn't seem to have any problems paying vast agent fees to secure other deals n all or going out of our way to sign players because they had a certain agent.

I do understand why fans would be hesitant on wanting the club to do so though because they are scum.

Why do we keep pissing our knickers over agent fees? It's part and parcel of football, you have to pay them, everyone else does it without publicising it or whinging about it.

It's like moaning about an airline adding admin fees onto your flight. Moan all you like and don't bother out of principle if you wish but if you want to go on holiday, shut the fuck up and pay it.

Well I don't think it's quite a fair analogy, it's not like agent fees are in any way standard. And obviously we don't know the actual details of the deal.

Some agents fees are normal, yes. Some are very dodgy and some aren't agents fees at all but other things (loyalty bonuses etc) dressed up to try and make the buying club pay them.

Liverpool do bring in more money but not to the proportions they spend more than us, not even close.

They beat us 6-0 on our own patch with Downing and Henderson in the team, the latter scoring twice. Yet certain people on here think they're the mugs and we're the dead clever ones. Absolutely embarrassing.

Who is saying we are dead clever? I think most people see the positives in our dealings as well as the pitfalls, right now those pitfalls are unfortunately shining through, in Jan it was very different.

Liverpool are mugs for what they spent and brought in, or are they mugs to let Downing go for £6m now since he played in a match they won 6-0? It's one or the other.

This is basically all anyone has ever claimed. I've never said our approach is the only one, I just see the positives in it. Certainly beats spunking money on the shite players we used to buy.

Yep. It seems the Remy injury has tipped a few over the edge today, proper panic mode has set in...just pay whatever and buy whatever that's all that matters...spend spend spend. Like a bunch of women in a shoe shop. Oooh sparkly, two sizes too small but i've got to have them, now all i need is to buy everything else to match them.

What the fuck are you on about man? We nearly got relegated and yet haven't bought a single player.

How does it matter to you in the slightest whether a player costs £7m or £10m? Either is peanuts to a Premier League club in 2013.

Are you not getting the part that we have a strict budget and won't go over it especially when the club owes Ashley £130m already thanks to the fat retard doing exactly what you want right now?

Or do you want us to be more in debt to Ashley? Or blow budgets for the next few windows? Do you operate like that in your life? Just buy houses you can't afford, cars and insurance way above your pay? Nice living for about a year until reality kicks in.

Transfers were moved forward in jan, we've spent a fair chunk of this windows money then and now we are looking to squeeze out the best deals and time is running out. That's why I care because come the next window and we need X player in X position we have fuck all money to do it with.

Ashley isn't going to change, living within a budget is here to stay until he's gone, so blowing money is exactly the wrong thing to do under him as we will pay for it later. Even adding more debt to him lessens the chances we'll see him gone any time soon.

Finally, the club hasn't done enough this season, but it could have all been sorted sacking the manager and bringing in a new face, most of our problems would have been solved right then rather than just buying more players for him to fuck up.

Say what you want about our recruitment policy and see the positives too.

Fact of the matter is we have signed one player on loan this summer. At the moment that makes our recruitment policy look fucking shit. Specifically as someone was brought in at the beginning of the summer to sanction signings.

We may well sign more players (just as likely not to IMO), depending on how good they are that could make it an ok or even a good summer. Irrespective of this we have not brought in players with sufficient time to bed in. Another shortcoming.

We'll sign players in january again.

It could be too little too late this time. The biggest difference this season for me is Joe Kinnear. The man is a ticking time bomb and there will always be doubts and rumours over Pardew throughout the season. If Pardew goes and Kinnear comes in mid-season we're going to be in massive trouble and will probably drop like stone down the league table, that's if we're even high to begin with. As Wullie said we nearly went down last season and we've bought no one of note.

I'm seriously worried about relegation this season. The whole Joe Kinnear mess is shades of the relegation season's mistakes and not spending properly this summer (so far) is the same mistake that happened just a year ago. The only thing that will keep us away from the relegation scrap this year is individual performances, and we've seen from last season that our current lot can go missing when it matters.

Yep. It seems the Remy injury has tipped a few over the edge today, proper panic mode has set in...just pay whatever and buy whatever that's all that matters...spend spend spend. Like a bunch of women in a shoe shop. Oooh sparkly, two sizes too small but i've got to have them, now all i need is to buy everything else to match them.

What the fuck are you on about man? We nearly got relegated and yet haven't bought a single player.

How does it matter to you in the slightest whether a player costs £7m or £10m? Either is peanuts to a Premier League club in 2013.

Are you not getting the part that we have a strict budget and won't go over it especially when the club owes Ashley £130m already thanks to the fat retard doing exactly what you want right now?

Or do you want us to be more in debt to Ashley? Or blow budgets for the next few windows? Do you operate like that in your life? Just buy houses you can't afford, cars and insurance way above your pay? Nice living for about a year until reality kicks in.

Transfers were moved forward in jan, we've spent a fair chunk of this windows money then and now we are looking to squeeze out the best deals and time is running out. That's why I care because come the next window and we need X player in X position we have fuck all money to do it with.

Ashley isn't going to change, living within a budget is here to stay until he's gone, so blowing money is exactly the wrong thing to do under him as we will pay for it later. Even adding more debt to him lessens the chances we'll see him gone any time soon.

Finally, the club hasn't done enough this season, but it could have all been sorted sacking the manager and bringing in a new face, most of our problems would have been solved right then rather than just buying more players for him to fuck up.

Why would we be in more debt to Ashley? We've just been given a vast windfall by Sky and BT.

Do I operate like that in my life? Spending absolutely nothing despite just being given a vast pay rise? No. That would be fucking stupid.

And therein lies the problem. Why are we looking at it from a window to window basis instead of just spending whatever we need and assembling the squad we need now, or back then, or whenever? This x amount every window doesn't work because we're constantly playing catch up and buying players that we don't actually need because they were cheap and/or a short term solution.

Why would we be in more debt to Ashley? We've just been given a vast windfall by Sky and BT.

Do I operate like that in my life? Spending absolutely nothing despite just being given a vast pay rise? No. That would be fucking stupid.

We don't get it until the end of the season (this is what i've read btw)

It could be too little too late this time. The biggest difference this season for me is Joe Kinnear. The man is a ticking time bomb and there will always be doubts and rumours over Pardew throughout the season. If Pardew goes and Kinnear comes in mid-season we're going to be in massive trouble and will probably drop like stone down the league table, that's if we're even high to begin with. As Wullie said we nearly went down last season and we've bought no one of note.

I'm seriously worried about relegation this season. The whole Joe Kinnear mess is shades of the relegation season's mistakes and not spending properly this summer (so far) is the same mistake that happened just a year ago. The only thing that will keep us away from the relegation scrap this year is individual performances, and we've seen from last season that our current lot can go missing when it matters.

It could well be but they always do business in january...its not so much of a risk this time as there is no european games to play.

The have brought in a cheap replacement to bolster the forward line...they'll see it through to January and grab some players with run down contracts where the French club is desperate to get some money back in.

Suppose a sensible way to look at it is... which French players or those hwo play in France, whose contracts are coming to an end?

Just because you keep saying something doesn't make it true. The club generates massive amounts of money and certain people saying who keep saying we have a tight budget just look utterly preposterous.

Just because you keep saying something doesn't make it true. The club generates massive amounts of money and certain people saying who keep saying we have a tight budget just look utterly preposterous.

Are we posting large yearly profits? Obviously if we are then some of it should go on players.

According to Forbes, we're the 20th richest club in the world. The spending caps and tightness from Ashley isn't justified. We're getting shit loads of money from TV deals as well, other clubs are spending it, we're not, lets see where we finish compared to them given that most already finished above us last year.

It could well be but they always do business in january...its not so much of a risk this time as there is no european games to play.

The have brought in a cheap replacement to bolster the forward line...they'll see it through to January and grab some players with run down contracts where the French club is desperate to get some money back in.

Suppose a sensible way to look at it is... which French players or those hwo play in France, whose contracts are coming to an end?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/suche/detailsuchespieler/suche.html?searchId=1445935

So? What difference does that make? That means we've just had last year's not-quite-as-huge-but-still-more-than-any-other-league-in-the-world windfall.

Why aren't the other clubs keeping all their money in case, what, Sky don't pay up?

How much profit do we make a year?

So? What difference does that make? That means we've just had last year's not-quite-as-huge-but-still-more-than-any-other-league-in-the-world windfall.

Why aren't the other clubs keeping all their money in case, what, Sky don't pay up?

So mortage season ticket sales, or league money like rangers did. Worked well for them.

Guest bimpy474

You're right Wullie that is utterly preposterous.  :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

So he could be in jail before he is match fit?

Nope, he hasn't been charged yet, if they do charge him in September, you then have a trial......a date of which is usually up to 6 months down the line.