Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£8m for Remy is a bargain like.  Sure there'd be plenty of takers at that price and i'm not sure we could compete in terms of wages and competitive status.

Totally - whoever gets him gets a proven goalscorer at a relatively bargain price. We are going to need Graham Carr to be on form for next season's striker loans.

If he goes to a Champions League team, will he start more than 20 a season?

Without a doubt I would say, especially at Arsenal. The only players who've scored more than him in the Prem this season are Suarez, Sturridge and Aguero, imagine how many he'll get with decent service in an attacking side?

It should of been me (as it says in the song) Ashley dipped out on another money spinner due to intransagence

Does intransigence mean potential rape conviction? Big words confuse me.

Matt Spiro

@mattspiro

In less sordid news, Remy says he can still get much better. 'I'll play for one of Europe's big five. Or a very big club at least' (FF)

8:16 a.m. Tue, Mar 11

Few bits about life as a footballer, raping to

Matt Spiro

@mattspiro

In less sordid news, Remy says he can still get much better. 'I'll play for one of Europe's big five. Or a very big club at least' (FF)

8:16 a.m. Tue, Mar 11

Few bits about life as a footballer, raping to

Au revoir then.

@davidmcrossan: #Beardsley: I like everything about #Remy. He's an adorable lad and a brilliant footballer. He's very special.We want to keep him forever.

Beardsley will need to prise open Ashley's wallet then. Must be canny big now with £3.3 billion in it.

Easily one of the best strikers we've had over the last few years, so should do everything we can to keep him, although I couldn't see him stopping here, especially if we miss out on Europa.

Arsenal is his most likely destination, imo.

Well that was slightly inappropriate if a little ironic. I just clicked a link for caughtoffside on newsnow about Remy and got a pop up add on my iphone.... The one on the tv "sex with someone who doesn't want to is rape" ... Awkward!

It's our own fault for probably offering him pittance when he chose QPR instead. We'd not go much higher this summer either I wouldn't think, despite him being one of the most dynamic strikers we've had in a very long time and would probably be actively involved in 30+ goals a season (scoring and assisting). Why pay lots for a certainty when you can scrape by?

The moment he started scoring, was the moment I thought this lad isn't going to stay here.

We'll probably sign our other on-loan striker, Luuk de Jong, as he isn't scoring although he has been decent in other areas of his game. We'll not sign anyone to replace Remy, we'll start using Gouffran as back up to de Jong and Cisse will start most games.

Maybe Remy would have fancied staying here, playing in front of a big crowd in a beautiful stadium, but our behaviour since he signed on loan gives him little reason to stay unless we offer him the best terms. Which we won't. Looking at this from his POV, I'd think a year and a half in the Premiership, great scoring stats, 27 years old, my next move will be my last big contract. Why waste the latter years of my career with a club who have shown so little ambition during my stay?