Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Based on form, age and sell on fee, would Ince not be a better buy than Remy?

I know he's not a frog or have international experience but we could probably get him for the same price. Just a thought, which has probably already been discussed

I'd rather get someone who's a bit older.

A 20 year old to replace Ba for isn't something I'd want.

Guest TyneBridge

I know he's not a frog or have international experience but we could probably get him for the same price. Just a thought, which has probably already been discussed

couldn't agree more

Guest TyneBridge

I have a feeling this deal will be like Luuk De Jong, it'll be dragged on for a long time but ultimately he'll choose someone else.

I hope we get him, he's a great player but I think a player of his calibre would probably want a team challenging for CL or is playing in the CL, not a team that's sitting 2 points above relegation.

see my post above (i know im new but my opinions still count)

If we had a set style of football and had a manager that could lay framework for a player stepping up from the Championship to work in then Ince would be a good bet, but I'd fancy Remy to make a bigger instant impact in terms of being physically and technically much further ahead in his career. That's in spite of his match fitness/form.

No way, man. You can't even really compare the two.

Whether they get Remy is one thing but I certainly think they'll bring in a decent striker, they dont have any choice. Even idiots surely can recognise that carrying on the season given our predicament with Cisse and Shola as your only strikers is suicidal especially given that they've sold the striker who has scored all our goals. I don't really have any faith in this board but if that was to happen I think I'll probably call it quits to be honest and go into exile properly :lol:

I saw Ince play live the other week. He was easily bullied out of the game and fairly anonymous, talented but still a player a long way from his peak in development. The kind of player we should have bought in the summer as a long term project, not one to drop into a struggling side and ask to make a difference.

Ince is just a winger, what happens if Cisse gets injured?

We are f*cked again its not even comparable i know we want Remy for one of the wide spots but he can play central too.

Ince would be great alongside Cisse and Ben Arfa but once Cisse gets injured we are back to Shola again :anguish:

Guest ItalianMagpie

So basically we're trying to sign someone who's not fit, haven't started a game since the beginning of the season, has heart issues, costs 12 millions, doesn't give a rat's ass about moving to the Premier League and is keen to stay at Marseille, who are not gonna sell him anyway untill the very end of the window.

Seems a great deal to me.

So basically we're trying to sign someone who's not fit, haven't started a game since the beginning of the season, has heart issues, costs 12 millions, he doesn't give a rat's ass about moving to the Premier League and is keen to stay at Marseille, who are not gonna sell him anyway untill the very end of the window.

:lol:  :sad:

So basically we're trying to sign someone who's not fit, haven't started a game since the beginning of the season, has heart issues, costs 12 millions, he doesn't give a rat's ass about moving to the Premier League and is keen to stay at Marseille, who are not gonna sell him anyway untill the very end of the window.

He started today and played the full 120 minutes (I think).

If we had a set style of football and had a manager that could lay framework for a player stepping up from the Championship to work in then Ince would be a good bet, but I'd fancy Remy to make a bigger instant impact in terms of being physically and technically much further ahead in his career. That's in spite of his match fitness/form.

:thup:

Ince would be a good signing but if it was a case of him or an actual striker, like Remy, then I'd take the latter every time. It would be a bit like us trying to buy N'Zogbia to replace Andy Carroll a few years ago.

Nowt like some overly sensationalised generalised pessimism eh? If Carr has scouted this lad for the last couple of years and reckons he's a goer then I'd hazard a guess he'd be a good signing. Fat Mike isn't going to hand over 10-12m for a knacker. Carr's done pretty well so far with his other signings ;)

So this Ince fella is quite rated on here , huh?

Wonder if Ince and Zaha would be a smart move to bring in as those wide left and right stye forwards. Bit of an expensive gamble, but it would bring lots of pace and youth to the forward line.

Have heard from a 50/50 reliable source that the Debuchy transfer will be the only incoming transfer of the window, which makes sense that it wasn't completed until the Demba money was in the bank.

And also that one more outgoing is expected. If true we're as good as down IMO, 1 in 2 out, great sense that.

Guest Slippery Sam

I just don't get the hype about Ince tbh.  I've seen him a few times (on the telly), and think he's okay but nothing special.  The way the media fawn over him just because of his dad is annoying as fuck as well.  In any event, he's not what NUFC need now.

Whether they get Remy is one thing but I certainly think they'll bring in a decent striker, they dont have any choice. Even idiots surely can recognise that carrying on the season given our predicament with Cisse and Shola as your only strikers is suicidal especially given that they've sold the striker who has scored all our goals. I don't really have any faith in this board but if that was to happen I think I'll probably call it quits to be honest and go into exile properly :lol:

Also, survival this season is so financially beneficial that it doesn't make any sense to put it at risk.

Guest TyneBridge

So this Ince fella is quite rated on here , huh?

Wonder if Ince and Zaha would be a smart move to bring in as those wide left and right stye forwards. Bit of an expensive gamble, but it would bring lots of pace and youth to the forward line.

too expensive for "champagne mike"